View Full Version : What do I need??
ex-sco77morgan
29-07-2009, 09:32 AM
Hi just bought the car below and other than Losi shocks (got) rudebits brass weight kit is there anything else I need to put on this X6 squared.
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=269429#post269429
Any help would be great thanks
c0sie
29-07-2009, 09:34 AM
CustomBlitz sprayed bodyshell? lol
Looks like you have a tidy complete setup there big fella :)
ex-sco77morgan
29-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Excellent........
Was hoping someone would say that :D
(Shock oil arrived this morning:thumbsup: we are rocking)
c0sie
29-07-2009, 09:39 AM
You'll have to speak to ye olde Haggis and ask him what oil to run with the X6, and if we need to put any limiters in the shocks before we build em on Friday mate :)
Should be along the lines of 40wt, red pistons, blue springs on the front and 30wt, orange pistons and pink springs for the rear :)
ex-sco77morgan
29-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Think I've seen somewhere 35/32.5 front with black springs and red pistons with 30/27.5 rear with pink and red pistons. Ordered those o rings as well :D
c0sie
29-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Good lad. Those NorTech whities are the nuts :)
:thumbsup:
ex-sco77morgan
29-07-2009, 09:55 AM
can you PM me your address bud putting bits in post for you deleted other PM cheers
We pretty much always start off with 32.5/35wt with a red piston up front and 25wt red piston in the rear.
I havent run anything heavier in the rear since i ran nimhs;)
ex-sco77morgan
29-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Losi shock oil set (20 upto 50) arrived today so I'll start with 25 you reckon in the rear. Going to go Rudebits kit as well though will that matter.
Tony if your reading this have you got one there ready for posting buddy ?
Darren Boyle
29-07-2009, 11:01 AM
I dont think Tony is about at the moment, I believe he is on holiday......
ex-sco77morgan
29-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Ok thanks Darren, anything I might need on this car buddy??
Darren Boyle
29-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Get it on the track and drive it mate..........
ex-sco77morgan
29-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Fair enough, best put some electrics in it then :thumbsup:
jono83
29-07-2009, 11:53 AM
We pretty much always start off with 32.5/35wt with a red piston up front and 25wt red piston in the rear.
I havent run anything heavier in the rear since i ran nimhs;)
Neither have i thats always what i start with. with 25 in the rear it feels very soft but it works lol
mrspeedy
29-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Of coarse a Phat Bodies Zen bodyshell and front wing makes all the difference ;)
Danosborne6661
29-07-2009, 12:12 PM
Got to be done, you seen my shell at the weekend Scott rather than the X6 boat :D
Body Paint
29-07-2009, 12:22 PM
You'll have to speak to ye olde Haggis and ask him what oil to run with the X6, and if we need to put any limiters in the shocks before we build em on Friday mate :)
Should be along the lines of 40wt, red pistons, blue springs on the front and 30wt, orange pistons and pink springs for the rear :)
If that is the setup you had on your squared that'll be why it understeered like a pig!
Body Paint
29-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Caldicot setup for you Scott.
http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8193&d=1248684570
ex-sco77morgan
29-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Oh you are a gent....
When it goes outside, sutle changes or big changes??:confused:
Body Paint
29-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Change ride height, move front axles down and move rear shocks to inside hole on wishbone if tracion is low. Maybe 25 weight rear oil if traction is very low.
Darren Boyle
29-07-2009, 12:47 PM
Of coarse a Phat Bodies Zen bodyshell and front wing makes all the difference ;)
Or of course you could opt to fit the "original" optional shell for the X6, the Azarashi Vaykal which also has the included front wing too
ex-sco77morgan
29-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Ok so what's the prices on the shells :confused:
peetbee
29-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Whichever shell you go for, if you pass it onto DCM, he can give it a decent paint job!
ex-sco77morgan
29-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Sent a box with 6 shells in it to Customblitz and it never got there gutted..
Still waiting for Royal mail to sort it out and only covered it for the standard £39 pounds duh !!
Been told Steve does a good job :thumbsup: need some custom colours now I think haha
Darren Boyle
29-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Ok so what's the prices on the shells :confused:The Vaykal from Azarashi is £24.49 RRP with the front wing, masks and decals
ex-sco77morgan
29-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Are they in stock??
Sent a box with 6 shells in it to Customblitz and it never got there gutted..
Still waiting for Royal mail to sort it out and only covered it for the standard £39 pounds duh !!
Been told Steve does a good job :thumbsup: need some custom colours now I think haha
Anything of any value, either take out the extra insurance on the postage, or send it special, don't cost much more, and gives them far less chance of losing it!!
ex-sco77morgan
29-07-2009, 02:05 PM
Learnt my lesson always do now for the sake of a few quid but I got burnt :blush:
yeah, it is a real shitter, I have done shells, that have been squished by some lard arsed postie... so sending them special, covers the costs of replacing the shell, and the cost of painting them.
mrspeedy
29-07-2009, 02:16 PM
Scott .. Phat Bodies Zen is £15.00 inc front wing and Phat stickers :thumbsup:
I'll have some with me at Caldicot on friday if you wanna peak ......
Darren Boyle
29-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Are they in stock??
Yes mate, first UK batch arrived this week..........
ex-sco77morgan
29-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Darren did an order online today for some losi shock parts but I'll give the girls a call and get one ordered, prob be Friday morning as I'm flat out tomorrow?
Si yes bring the Phat one as well on Friday someone is going to be doing a lot of spraying for me :thumbsup:
Danosborne6661
29-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Get it running scott!
mrspeedy
29-07-2009, 03:03 PM
Will do buddy :thumbsup:
Body Paint
30-07-2009, 12:28 PM
Yes mate, first UK batch arrived this week..........
I can run my Vaykal now and not feel guilty :lol:
Hmmmmm..... Azerashi :woot::woot:
Darren Boyle
30-07-2009, 01:15 PM
I can run my Vaykal now and not feel guilty :lol:
Hmmmmm..... Azerashi :woot::woot: All team drivers are welcome to run the Vaykal, I have several other Azarashi items you might like too, will see you at Stotfold
super__dan
30-07-2009, 09:18 PM
I might run mine this weekend too :)
Wraggy
30-07-2009, 09:32 PM
I might run mine this weekend too :)
you can sing happy birthday to it then Dan;) it was a year ago when you ran it there wasnt it??:p
Body Paint
30-07-2009, 10:31 PM
you can sing happy birthday to it then Dan;) it was a year ago when you ran it there wasnt it??:p
your right Paul, and it was one year ago today that it was painted :lol:
super__dan
31-07-2009, 04:11 AM
Lol, yes :)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.