PDA

View Full Version : Schumacher is back confirmed


bodgit
29-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Michael Schumacher will make a shock return to Formula 1 to replace injured Ferrari driver Felipe Massa. The seven-time world champion, 40, retired at the end of 2006 but has agreed to drive at the European Grand Prix in Valencia on 23 August.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8172310.stm

OldTimer
29-07-2009, 05:33 PM
Will be good to see him up against the young guns like hamilton ;)

Crazy L
29-07-2009, 06:12 PM
I saw the thread title and thought "I didn't know schumacher went to the wall, they only just bought out the new Cat". :D;)

mole2k
29-07-2009, 06:34 PM
I saw the thread title and thought "I didn't know schumacher went to the wall, they only just bought out the new Cat". :D;)

I thought it must be an old post dug up from around the time they announced the Cat SX :D

Belsten
29-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I wonder if its bernie trying to inject some more interest in it

should be interesting to see what happens though, and kind of ironic that ferarri arent far off the pace now

Rich D
29-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Hes a legend. Im looking forward to seeing how he fares against Button and Hamilton too. :thumbsup:

mdb_75
29-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Schumacher, Hamilton and Alonso wheel to wheel. I can't wait!

Neil867
29-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Worth a bet him winning his first race back;)

mdb_75
29-07-2009, 07:49 PM
Just looked at some odds........ 4-11 to be in the points! They think he's going to be pretty good :thumbsup:

markw
29-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Schumacher, Hamilton and Alonso wheel to wheel. I can't wait!

do u mean schumacher and hamilton , not alonso i thought the team was banned at the next round :confused:

telboy
29-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Yep, they are out.:lol:

I'm looking forward to this.
I supose it only makes sense. Schuey has been testing the cars since he left F1, and regularly beats the times of Massa and Raikonen.

I'm not his biggest fan. But think it will be good.
Its rare that you get to see the legends compete with the new boys.

Ok Vettel, Alonso, Button, Raikonen etc have competed against schuey before, but not in cars that have been as competetive as they are now.
The Red Bulls are fast, the Brawns are fast, the mclarens are fast. So it will be good to see them all wheel to wheel with him.

The thing is, will he be so fast that he'll make them all look silly?!:woot:
Look at 1999 when he broke his legs at silverstone. He had 3/4 month rest and then came back even faster than before.

Should be fun.:D

bodgit
29-07-2009, 09:51 PM
With just 7 races left Schumacher may well help Jenson win the title. I think if Jenson can win just 2 more races and average 5-6 points for the remaining 5 races and Schumacher takes a few wins then no-one can catch him. The red bulls will be taking points off each other.
I am really hopefull for him.

mdb_75
29-07-2009, 10:00 PM
do u mean schumacher and hamilton , not alonso i thought the team was banned at the next round :confused:

I'm hoping Schumacher will manage more than one race!

(and that he doesn't take Lewis out!)

sime46
29-07-2009, 10:38 PM
He's confirmed( subject to fitness test) to race until Massa is fit enough to return. Should be amazing. I cant wait.

mikeyscott
30-07-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm hoping Schumacher will manage more than one race!

(and that he doesn't take Lewis out!)

I can't wait to see him behind the wheel again

Southwell
30-07-2009, 12:35 PM
I'm hoping Schumacher will manage more than one race!

(and that he doesn't take Lewis out!)

More than likely he will be racing for the rest of the season.

mikeyscott
30-07-2009, 12:39 PM
More than likely he will be racing for the rest of the season.

hope so - legend

I want to see him do Le Mans again after the failed Mercedes attempt

SlowOne
04-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Bernie must be laughing his socks off! Imagine the viewers they're gonna get now!!!

Spa... last lap... Hamilton and Schumacher side-by-side as they come to the chicane... I want odds on who will brake last! I can't summon much goodwill or respect the the seven-time Champ, but missing even one race for the rest of the season will be agony. F1 is just starting to get interesting... :thumbsup:

MattW
04-08-2009, 08:50 PM
It's funny sometimes where you are, and who tells you things that have happened. The "Schumacher to return" news was delivered to me by a very happy Marc Rheinard, outside a hotel in Luxembourg. I'll be honest, I didn't believe him to start with. He was absolutely beaming with delight at the news.

telboy
04-08-2009, 09:09 PM
With just 7 races left Schumacher may well help Jenson win the title. I think if Jenson can win just 2 more races and average 5-6 points for the remaining 5 races and Schumacher takes a few wins then no-one can catch him. The red bulls will be taking points off each other.
I am really hopefull for him.

I think this is the only way that Button will win the title at the moment.
Not necesarily Schumacher winning, but with Mclaren back on form and Ferrari having Schumi, they could well take some wins from the Red Bulls....or at least thats what Jenson hopes anyway!!:p