dibble34
02-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Hi all
You may of seen my other thread where i stupidly flashed my esc with the wrong firmware and it went bang :cry:. Anyway i think it was the capacitor that went bang, as one of the legs blew. It still seemed to operate according to my multi meter so i repaired the leg.
I thought the esc was ok, but today when racing it was intermitantly hesitating, especially down the straight. Now i may of done permanent damage to the speedo, but would like to replace the capacitor before i bin the speedo:cry:
I emailed Horizon last week, but heard nothing back so i took the heat shrink off the capacitor and checked the spec which is 6800uf 16V
I have looked on line, but can't find a replacement of the same size, only longer ones. The one from losi is about 25mm long
Has anyone else ever replaced this part and if yes where did you get a capacitor from?
Cheers
Dave
You may of seen my other thread where i stupidly flashed my esc with the wrong firmware and it went bang :cry:. Anyway i think it was the capacitor that went bang, as one of the legs blew. It still seemed to operate according to my multi meter so i repaired the leg.
I thought the esc was ok, but today when racing it was intermitantly hesitating, especially down the straight. Now i may of done permanent damage to the speedo, but would like to replace the capacitor before i bin the speedo:cry:
I emailed Horizon last week, but heard nothing back so i took the heat shrink off the capacitor and checked the spec which is 6800uf 16V
I have looked on line, but can't find a replacement of the same size, only longer ones. The one from losi is about 25mm long
Has anyone else ever replaced this part and if yes where did you get a capacitor from?
Cheers
Dave