PDA

View Full Version : B44 Gearing with 13.5BL


jackboy
04-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Hi

So I have almost finished building my B44, I am new to the sport and looked to see if this question has been asked before but I could not find any response but apologises if it has.

I will not be racing so just playing in the park for now and I will be running Ni-Mh, until Lipo's call me.

So with the stock spur (84) what pinion would you recommend for a Losi 13.5 BL.........my guess is 22 or 24....that is what I have bought but before I built I wanted to check.

Thanks

Paul

rc_penguin
04-08-2009, 06:25 PM
24, ive run 25 on a 78 spur due to with the 24 and standard spur i felt the car had no top end but the acceleration was way to much however tempretures run quite low on 24 compared to what im currently running, hope this helps, :thumbsup:

jackboy
05-08-2009, 07:25 AM
Many Thanks.........I will go with the 24 and see what happens

To be honest I reckon low temps will be important as I will be out with my son and his car can run for 20 mins or so

raymondkerr
21-08-2009, 09:44 PM
For bashing i would say that a 13.5 would be too slow to be honest, you'd be better with something like an 8.5.

I have a 13.5 in my b44 and racing indoors, i gear at about 6.0 ratio with a 78 spur and roughly at 32 or 33 pinion. The car isn't that quick outdoors with a 4200 lipo but for our small indoor track it is ok. I will be upgrading to a 10.5 soon though.