PDA

View Full Version : A leap into the unknown aka LOSI XXX-CR


stical
08-08-2009, 08:58 AM
I've been an Associated boy up to 2 weeks ago and decided to shift towards a new family :D .

But since I'm unaware of the Losi 2WD generation and how the parts fit from an older car to a newer one, hence my question.

Does the LOSA2943 XXX Gear cover fit the newer XXX-CR ?

What parts actually can be recovered from either an XXX or BK2 and can be used on a XXX-CR ?

Thanks in advance for the help guys & girls,
Erik ( Stical )

ashleyb4
08-08-2009, 07:03 PM
All the parts off the old xxx will fit the Cr but they will be diffrent in lots of ways. The old front wishbones are graphite and havent got VLA where the CR ones are EA3 and have got VLA. The front shock tower on the CR has 4 holes where the xxx only has 3 holes. The chassis is diffrent on the Cr to the xxx. Diffrent rear wishbones diffrent rear hubs. Diffrent diff and layshaft. Things such as the rear T plate, fornt bulk head, caster blocks, rear pivot blocks, motor guarde are exchangable off the xxx. But to be fair you dont break that much on the CR the only thing ive had go is Front wishbones, rear pivot block and i have managed to break 1 rear wishbone after a very heavy crash. Ive been running the CR for about 18 months.

A

stical
08-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the very thorough rundown , appreciate it a lot.

caciqueconnection
26-08-2009, 11:48 AM
XXX graphite chassis can be used in XXX-CR. I'd prefer using it so it's harder, same as front arms and bulkhead. In the rear you have to lose VLA and that's not worth.

Front Shock tower, ironic, is harder in XXX-CR and you have an optional carbon fiber one available.

One question, does anyone know where to find a rear aluminum pivot block or a compatible one?

stical
26-08-2009, 01:13 PM
http://www.thercshack.com/rearaluminumpivotforlosixxxandxxxt.aspx

but out of stock and since these aren't made anymore I guess Ebay would be the best option.

Oops just found another one but looks like bizarre webshop if you ask me.

http://www.shopkyosho.com/search/158.0?q=tk5016

Guess somewhere on this planet there's got to be a store with lots of oldskool Trinity parts :)

caciqueconnection
26-08-2009, 10:05 PM
I hope RC Gods hear you...or trinity bosses aswell ;)

caciqueconnection
26-08-2009, 10:20 PM
SUrfing the net I find this

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_25_822/products_id/22103/n/Team-Losi-Rear-Pivot-Block-Aluminum-XXX-T-CR

Would they fit?

lochness42
27-08-2009, 07:14 AM
I belive yes - but you'll need longer BK2 graphite arms http://www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/the-21928/LOSA9800-Graph-RR-Arms-cln-/Detail
I got this with one used XX4, so it was cut to 2 separate pieces.

caciqueconnection
27-08-2009, 07:46 AM
Why BK2 arms?...that will be an issue, cause XXX and XXX-CR are geometrically exact (only EA3 and VLA are different) so Spares won't be a problem for years.

I like the idea of using it in my XX4 cutted in 2. mmm...if it was blue like my front bulkhead :drool:

lochness42
27-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Why BK2 arms?...that will be an issue, cause XXX and XXX-CR are geometrically exact (only EA3 and VLA are different) so Spares won't be a problem for years.

I like the idea of using it in my XX4 cutted in 2. mmm...if it was blue like my front bulkhead :drool:

EA3 with VLA and Graphite with VLA have different length, maybe you noticed that this bulkhead is narrower than standart plastic - thats also issue with fitting them into XX4 - you'll have to make your own rear brace.

fastinfastout
28-08-2009, 11:44 PM
but how often would you break a rear aluminum pivot block?

im guessing its not a common breakable item to be worth replacing with aluminium. Other than for the bling factor.

tyreman
29-08-2009, 06:15 AM
You probably wouldn't break any more wishbone hangers, but your chassis instead.
Rear pivot block rrp £3.99
Or
Chassis rrp £65
It's not rocket science guys.

lochness42
29-08-2009, 09:41 AM
Tyreman has my point - if you won't make brace you'll break chassis with high probability

tyreman
29-08-2009, 09:26 PM
The point i am trying to make, is stick with the plastic parts, because if you put the alloy parts on you will only be moving the breaking point of the the a more substantial/expensive part.

Darren Boyle
29-08-2009, 10:10 PM
You probably wouldn't break any more wishbone hangers, but your chassis instead.
Rear pivot block rrp £3.99
Or
Chassis rrp £65
It's not rocket science guys.

Brian, I would love to kow where you buy your chassis' from at that price :woot:, they are just £13.69 mate part no A4104......

Oh and BTW gys, I think we still have Trinity alloy rear blocks in stock, but can check on Tuesday if need be, failing that I can speak to Trinity next week and see if we can get some more done.

tyreman
30-08-2009, 05:54 AM
Why BK2 arms?...that will be an issue, cause XXX and XXX-CR are geometrically exact (only EA3 and VLA are different) so Spares won't be a problem for years.

I like the idea of using it in my XX4 cutted in 2. mmm...if it was blue like my front bulkhead :drool:

Brian, I would love to kow where you buy your chassis' from at that price :woot:, they are just £13.69 mate part no A4104......

Oh and BTW gys, I think we still have Trinity alloy rear blocks in stock, but can check on Tuesday if need be, failing that I can speak to Trinity next week and see if we can get some more done.

I was refering to the above post:p

Spoolio
30-08-2009, 09:23 AM
SUrfing the net I find this

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/cPath/1_25_822/products_id/22103/n/Team-Losi-Rear-Pivot-Block-Aluminum-XXX-T-CR

Would they fit?

I bought one of those for my XXX-CR as the web ad said it was compatible with the buggy and truggy. It wasn't, the mounting holes were in completely the wrong places so I had to send it back.

I'm not quite sure what it is about the rear of the CR but I bought 2 of them second-hand and both rear blocks were broken into 3 pieces, they seem a lot more fragile than the rear end on my B4 which is still on it's original t-plate after 2 and a bit years and some monster smashes.