View Full Version : x6 squared question
jono83
14-08-2009, 09:49 AM
i want to upgrade my current x6 to a squared but have loads of spares will the old rear tower and wish bones work ok?
Darren Boyle
14-08-2009, 10:09 AM
Jono, I beleive we may of just spoke on the phone about this (if you had rang about 5 mins later then I would of just answered your question on here ;))
Yes they will fit as we mentioned, but always use the two together if that is what you plan to do.....
Thanks mate, Darren
(Now I am off the phone I can carry on catching up with my daily oOple read....LOL)
jono83
14-08-2009, 10:13 AM
yes it was me. i was going to buy one anyway but would of ordered some spares aswell if needed.
thanks
Mike Hudson
03-10-2009, 09:42 AM
To just upgrade to a squared chassis, would you just need the chassis, battery strap and brass hinge pin inserts or would you need the new tower and non handed wishbones too to keep the geometry right?
Darren Boyle
03-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Mike, you dont HAVE to have the new wishbones and tower (but it helps), only the chassis, battery strap (with fixings) and brass hinge bushes are must haves....
YoungChazz
03-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Also to upgrade you've got to be able to find your old servo mounts or go buy new ones.
MHeadling
03-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Now I have my X6 back from loan to Neil Castle from the F345 finals, I have the losi shocks now, I fancy putting a squared chassis on it, the new plastic ones seems a good option,
So, if someone has the part numbers I need and a rough cost to convert using the plastic chassis? I am not too bothered about the arms and tower at the moment as I have spares.
My 4 gear is in great condition and seems a shame to buy a whole new X6 sq conv kit.
MHeadling
03-10-2009, 07:03 PM
I think I have answered my own question.... Let me know if not!
Plastic chassis £27.99
brass inserts £2.99
c/f batt strap £23.99
Any thing else I need? Im thinking about q/r batt holder?
Darren Boyle
03-10-2009, 09:46 PM
Q/R battery holder and you are there Mark, spot on dude....
YoungChazz
04-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Again, you'll need the original B4 servo mounts. We changed over to that system for the Squared.
I liked the Losi-style mount of the original car because it gave a place to mount your PT. We were about the only company to provide such -- even supplied little button head screws to do it -- but it seemed nobody used it, so we dropped it.
MHeadling
04-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Thanks Darren/Chazz, Yes I have the FT mounts as I drilled the chassis and mounted the servo like this in my 4 gear.
Darren I'll give you a buzz shortly and get it all on order! :thumbsup:
Darren Boyle
04-10-2009, 06:59 PM
No trouble Mark........
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.