PDA

View Full Version : ZX5 FS, with Orion 8.5, novak GTB


dgrobe2112
19-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Guys, i did the search function, and couldnt find what i was lookin for. anyway, i thinl the lazer has a different final gear ratio than the B44.

How do you go about finding out the final drive? if i did it correctly, i come out to a 2.2 gear ratio on the Kyosho FS.

I am gonna run a 8.5 motor, what should i start at with the stock spur gear?

Fabs
19-08-2009, 10:43 PM
the internal ratio os 2.5.

So your FDR with the std spur is 2.5*78/pinion

Mogg
20-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi I run about 7.03 with my 8.5 speed passion motor which I got by using a 27t pinion and a 76 spur and work from there as you can go up to 6 or down to 8 so that is in the mid of its rang so see how you get on the 76 spur is a kyosho part so its not hard to get but I think you get beter gear raing on it for the 8.5. Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

simoncrabb
31-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Wow, 7.03 is pretty high gearing for an 8.5?

I've been running around 8.90 on a 10.5 and 11.00 with a 6.5 in a 4wd.