View Full Version : Stock front wing on XXX-CR
stical
23-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Good evening everybody,
I've had a look at the Downforce kit which I fully understand but the stock
front wing that is included with the stock body totally has me puzzled :confused:
I do get how I mount it but what it should look like is a total mystery to me.
Does it just fill the hole on your front shock tower if that makes sense ?
Anybody got pictures of LOSA8118 mounted on their car ?
Cheers,
Erik
Belsten
23-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Its held in place on the front body mount, with a body clip. Shell goes on 1st, then the wing on top, then the clip
stical
23-08-2009, 09:51 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks but as I stated I know how to mount it.
I still got a new stock XXX-CR body and need to cut out the front wing but I don't understand what shape it has thus don't know how to cut it .
Anybody can enlighten me ?
stical
24-08-2009, 07:16 AM
I'm guessing that the Losi Front wing supplied with the stock XXX-CR body does the same thing as the JConcepts Front wing on a B4.
Is this how the Losi wing looks like when installed ( I know this is a B4 on that picture but does it fill the Front Shock tower ) ?
http://www.jconcepts.net/index.php?/jconcepts/in_detail_details/32
peetbee
24-08-2009, 08:31 AM
There should be faint cut lines moulded into it, I know there was on mine.
If you can't see them I'll take a photo of mine when I get home so you can see the shape.
stical
24-08-2009, 08:45 AM
There should be faint cut lines moulded into it, I know there was on mine.
If you can't see them I'll take a photo of mine when I get home so you can see the shape.
I'm afraid the cut lines are so faded I can hardly tell how to cut.
If you could post me a picture how it looks installed,that would be awesome :thumbsup:
Thanks for the help
peetbee
24-08-2009, 09:16 AM
No problem, will be late this evening though I'm afraid.
pugboy
24-08-2009, 12:18 PM
The std front wing on the CR body moulding is a bit pointless IMO, there is a high downforce kit with a slightly more substantial one, or jconcepts do a front wing for the cr too which uses the same fixings (i.e. screws through the front bulkhead).
peetbee
24-08-2009, 10:12 PM
Sorry this is the best I could do. Never realised how difficult it is to photograph clear lexan!
http://www.oople.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=218&pictureid=2302
stical
25-08-2009, 08:12 AM
:thumbsup: A big , big thank you :thumbsup:
It is very clear to me now how I should cut out the front wing.
For some reason mine is rather dark so the lines are very hard to see, it's more of a guess.
I know what to do now on this rainy day ( at least here in Belgium ) .
peetbee
25-08-2009, 09:29 AM
No problem, have fun!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.