View Full Version : SC10 Set-ups
Danosborne6661
26-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Shock oils, Spring rates, Camber, Castor blocks, Anti-squat, Diff oil, link lengths, additional weight.
I want to get to the next crash faster :thumbsup:
What you guys running?? :D
cjm_2008
26-08-2009, 09:06 AM
Shock oils, Spring rates, Camber, Castor blocks, Anti-squat, Diff oil, link lengths, additional weight.
I want to get to the next crash faster :thumbsup:
What you guys running?? :D
80wt shock oil front, 10wt rear, high interest spring rates, +3degree camber front, -20 degree rear, no castor blocks, illegal squat, links all the way from the hub to the shock tower, running sanyo SCE cells so no additional weight :thumbsup:
Danosborne6661
26-08-2009, 09:11 AM
I said I wanted to get to the next crash faster, not crash faster :p
westie
26-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Run it standard mate ment to be the best :D
I might go up to 35-40weight oil
westw00d
c0sie
26-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Run it standard mate ment to be the best :D
I might go up to 35-40weight oil
westw00d
+1
Wasnt the idea with the SC10 class that it was as standard as poss?
westie
26-08-2009, 06:48 PM
+1
Wasnt the idea with the SC10 class that it was as standard as poss?
Yup :thumbsup:
ex-sco77morgan
26-08-2009, 06:50 PM
Servo, speedo, motor, reciever and a battery !!
westie
26-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Servo, speedo, motor, reciever and a battery !!
These do help too :woot:
+1
Wasnt the idea with the SC10 class that it was as standard as poss?
I think you can make the truck handle 'safer' by setting up the chassis, but in the end, with the kit tyres and diff in it, it is still gonna be lairy!!
Danosborne6661
27-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Yes but what you guys running the shocks n that? The backs really thick and the front proper light :confused:
Would 35/30wt 2 hole n 1 hole work like in the B4?
ex-sco77morgan
27-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Stock is 30wt front and back
Pistons are 3 all round i think
Danosborne6661
27-08-2009, 01:17 PM
3?!?! Arn't they really small ones that the americans use for their smoooooooth tracks?
ex-sco77morgan
27-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Will check for you but pretty sure they are 3 infront will check back and get back to you.
I know there is def 3 somewhere as I remember when I did the oil :confused:
Danosborne6661
27-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Hmmm might put the old 2/1 35/30 B4 set-up on it and see how that is, might be a bit weird on these though!
Nick Goodall
27-08-2009, 02:18 PM
Pretty sure it's 3's in the front and 1's in the rear - Definitely 3's and 1's just not 100% which way round it was....
Dan have you checked the manual?
I think most people have just built them as per that - Pretty sure it's 3's in the front as the weight is quite far forward it keeps the car tail happy as it should be :thumbsup:
ex-sco77morgan
27-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Good man Nick it is exactly that but real men put Losi's on there :thumbsup:
Nick Goodall
27-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Good man Nick it is exactly that but real men put Losi's on there :thumbsup:
Haha behave yourself - the SC10 should be left as it came in the box, no Losi rubbish on there!!
Spoolio
27-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Look, I'll put my hands up to having changed my springs OK. Does this mean the "stock-spec" police will be waiting for me when I get home tonight???:woot:
I run mine on carpet and found that it was just toooo soft on the front and rear ends. On the slow speed tighter parts of the track layout we had, it was just lazily rolling over so much it was getting boring. Couldn't be arsed to faff about with the oils and shock positions and fitting as many preload spacers as I had to the kit springs just made it worse landing the jumps.
I've got Truck reds on the front and Truck/Buggy blues on the back and it's at least manageable now. In fact, compared to my B4 which I brought out of retirement last night its a doddle :lol:.
So anyway, please don't shoot me for deviating from kit spec, sometimes for some of us lesser talented mortals, it's necessary.
supersonic
11-05-2010, 04:44 PM
HI everybody,
does any of you guys have a SC10 Setup for large synthetic turf track? Especially tire tipps are appreciated.
Thanks, nic
graveltrap
11-05-2010, 05:10 PM
Stock tyres and inserts work well in the dry on Astro...Surprisingly!
markwilliamson2001
11-05-2010, 05:23 PM
Best advice I can give you to get them to handle is to get some weight in it!
I got mine handling nice at club nights by running a brass bulkhead front and rear (Ghea ones), and some heavy lipos.
I also went up 5wt from the kit oil, and moved the shocks out at the bottom. I seem to remember that it was no.3 pistons in the front, and No.1's in the back.
HTH Dude! Oh...and make sure your tyres are in good nick...this makes a big difference IMO.
rocketrob
11-05-2010, 06:14 PM
HI everybody,
does any of you guys have a SC10 Setup for large synthetic turf track? Especially tire tipps are appreciated.
Thanks, nic
if you're running stock tires, take a dremel to the rears (only) and grind the outside edges off at about a 45-degree angle (get rid of the sharp edge). i think you'll find it helps the rearend rotate easier on high grip surfaces :)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.