View Full Version : B4 plastic chassis
arransmith27
26-08-2009, 07:09 PM
I recently bought a Factory Team B4 (kit no 9035).
Will the chassis which came with it be the carbon one ?
Also, what's the part number for the plastic chassis ?
c0sie
26-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Does the chassis look black in colour, or kind of grey?
Black = plastic, grey = carbon
arransmith27
26-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Cheers c0sie :thumbsup:
It's grey - therefore carbon.
Does the plastic chassis make the car less nervous to drive ?
ryan_93
26-08-2009, 07:36 PM
yes the plastic chassis makes the car easier to drive
sosidge
26-08-2009, 08:29 PM
If your kit was in a black box with Neil Cragg's car on it - then the chassis is plastic.
It does look pretty grey also, especially compared to the softer plastic of the rear T-piece - but you'll notice that the carbon towers are an even lighter colour.
I had the same question myself when I got my car - I wasn't sure if the chassis was plastic or not - had it confirmed straight from AE.
It's still a pretty stiff chassis though - way stiffer than the chassis on my old B-MAX4.
c0sie
26-08-2009, 09:10 PM
TBH I think Cragg and Pidge etc could notice the difference between the chassis' but I doubt I ever could really.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.