PDA

View Full Version : Bmax piston sizes


flipside
26-08-2009, 09:24 PM
Hi,

Can anyone help me on the differences between all the pistons?

I have the following:
n°1 black pistons: 2 holes
unmarked (I will call them n°2 for now) black pistons: 2 holes
n°3 black pistons: 3 holes
n°4 black pistons: 3 holes
unmarkes white pistons: 2 holes

The hole diameters are exaclty the same between n°1 and n°2. The same for n°3 and n°4.

No idea what the white pistons are :-)


I would like to have a chart that tells me which pistons have the most and least pack (smallest vs biggest total hole area).

Any help appreciated!

thanks

Arn0
27-08-2009, 12:27 AM
I wish I could get the value too to complete a piston chart (http://www.petitrc.com/setup/OffRoadShockPistonChart.pdf) and a "kind of" damping coefficient chart (http://www.petitrc.com/setup/ShockPistonComparison.pdf.). I asked someone once, most probably Tom Yardy, but he did get the answer.

If someone with some yokomo shock and a calipers can do some measure, that will be veeerry nice and kind to this person

flipside
27-08-2009, 07:16 AM
I noticed that the unmarked pistons were n°1 also, the tiny mark was a bit damaged probably by taking the piston off with a knife. So then it's normal that these have the same hole size :-)

But still, 3 and 4 are also identical.

A pity that losi pistons don't fit, their shaft diameter is a bit larger than the yokomo ones.

The n°3 piston holes are identical to losi red pistons. So with the correct drill it is easy to make orange and blue, but not black (smaller holes).

ravens
30-08-2009, 06:26 PM
Sorry to hijack this thread.
On champ pack shocks which pistons goes in front?black or white?

flipside
30-08-2009, 08:24 PM
black