PDA

View Full Version : xx4 New wiring


ashleyb4
31-08-2009, 10:11 PM
Thought ide just post a few pics of my new wiring. I didnt think of the idea myself. While watching racing at the weekend Southwell's car looked awsome and mine was going a bit crap so i had a look at Ian's car and noticed he was running lipo down the motor side of the chassis like myself and his speedo wiring was very verytidy again mine was a bit crap. So tonight with a few cable ties etc ive done something similar.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/2861/dscf3177.jpg (http://img168.imageshack.us/i/dscf3177.jpg/) http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/dscf3177.jpg/1/w1024.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img168/dscf3177.jpg/1/)

http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/7023/dscf3178.jpg (http://img511.imageshack.us/i/dscf3178.jpg/) http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/dscf3178.jpg/1/w1024.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img511/dscf3178.jpg/1/)

Its not perfect but its much better than what it was. Car need cleaning to :(

A

ben
31-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Lookin good ash! All i will say is that your fan isnt going to do much because the air isnt flowing down the fins on the heatsink. Also there isnt an air flow through to the fan.

Ben

ashleyb4
31-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Yea i know ben but cant mount the fan on top as the body shell catches and cant mount it anywhere else as the wire are to short so i just put it there as its better than cutting it off.

A

Garry Driffill
31-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Do you even require the fan in there Ash?

ashleyb4
31-08-2009, 11:18 PM
No not really but if i cut it off i void the warrenty.

A

Garry Driffill
01-09-2009, 08:13 AM
Ahh yea i forgot these was fixed.. Well i suppose it aint doing no harm sat there is it really.

:)

pugboy
01-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Ash, personally I think that grubby yellow plug lets the whole car down!:thumbsup:

Thanks for your help with my transmission issues at Oswestry on my xx4, it was most appreciated, shame I still can't drive though!

Joking apart, the car looks very tidy, and where can I get some blue bling bits for mine, especially the motor clamp thingy. I think I will feel more complete if I can find one of those.

Chris

rob84
02-09-2009, 06:12 PM
what size lipo are you running ash?

ashleyb4
02-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Its a IP5000 lipo stick pack.

A

rob84
02-09-2009, 07:04 PM
do you need to dremel anythink or does this fit perfect?
does the battery brase hold it in tight cheers

ashleyb4
02-09-2009, 07:51 PM
I had to remove a bit of material from under the reciever shelf but not much.

A

pugboy
03-09-2009, 12:25 PM
I have almost exactly the same configuration as Ash after seeing his pics on here, I just dremelled the underside of the battery clamp flush and put a strip of velcro at either end of the lipo just to take up a little slop and it now fits perfectly. :thumbsup: My lipos are Same typr but the 3800 ones (probably the same dimensions as Ash's though)

Chris

madmax
03-09-2009, 07:06 PM
ive done a similar thing myself, ive ran the car like this for a couple of months now.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26948

Holeshot
07-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Nice work, looks cleaner than mine so don't know why yours needs a clean for

Holeshot
07-09-2009, 09:36 AM
ive done a similar thing myself, ive ran the car like this for a couple of months now.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26948

That looks different, haven't seen that done before