PDA

View Full Version : does anybody use Kyosho shocks?


TRIPLE D
07-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Does anybody use the Kyosho shocks on there X-6. I have a rb5 that is collecting dust and is not worth anything as a complete car. So I figured i would put the K shocks on it. Looking for a starting point for springs and pistons and oil?

usafaircrew
07-09-2009, 03:52 PM
I believe Kinwald was running Kyosho shocks on his cars last year at the Clash. If you look at XFactory's new setup sheets on their website, it has a starting setup for Kyosho shocks.

SpeedyDad
07-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Brian still runs Kyosho shocks. He says they are the best out there.

mattb
07-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Does anybody use the Kyosho shocks on there X-6. I have a rb5 that is collecting dust and is not worth anything as a complete car. So I figured i would put the K shocks on it. Looking for a starting point for springs and pistons and oil?
you have pm mate

bronco
07-09-2009, 08:19 PM
I use K. shocks on my X6. I even have Losi's with all the springs they have. I like Kyoscho more because they are easy to fill, don't leak and are easy to rebuilt. I can't prevent the Losi's from leaking. Must be doing something wrong or maybe need to some new O-rings (eg. whities ... ?)

The pistons are different (3 holes) and I like to use heavier oil on mine (believe 40font and 35 rear).

Can't compare with other people at our club, because no-one uses them.

Mike Hudson
04-10-2009, 03:09 AM
I have opted to try the kyosho shocks and will be doing alot of testing with them over the winter indoors & outdoors in the uk and will give updates on setups and how well they have done... :)

YoungChazz
04-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Our new set-up sheets give settings for all three brands of shocks, AE, Losi, & Kyosho that should be equivilent. This includes the standard set-up, and will be continued for all future set-ups we post.

MRD
05-10-2009, 07:26 PM
I'm thinking of getting a 6sq but I fancy using 501x dampers as I use them on my other cars and theyre nearly half the price of the Losi ones new. Am I right in thinking Hupo used them on an x6 last year and a b4 this year?

pro4nut
05-10-2009, 08:29 PM
i believe he did but jimmy will know better. i would suggest running associated springs on them and starting with an associated style set up as per the x factory setups.
I used these on a 501x many moons ago and they are very good shocks, if you use them let us all know how you get on.

Juddy
27-11-2009, 05:34 PM
I was wondering are kyosho shocks all the same size? Are there any drop issues that need sorting, and the best way to solve them?

I'm really hoping to see a post saying ' na they just bolt straight on mate' that would be a right touch!

easy now:)

Funkymojo
27-11-2009, 07:39 PM
Will Kyosho or other brand shocks fit the X5 Squared? I do know that the X5 Squared/Losi XX4 rear shocks are slightly longer?

fastinfastout
28-11-2009, 02:42 PM
I was wondering are kyosho shocks all the same size? Are there any drop issues that need sorting, and the best way to solve them?

I'm really hoping to see a post saying ' na they just bolt straight on mate' that would be a right touch!

easy now:)
my kyosho shocks are LONGER then my associated b4 shocks. I think from memory around 4mm

Had to use internal limiters, think I used around 0.09" on the rear.

Funkymojo
29-11-2009, 12:57 PM
Hi, so does anyone know is it possible to use other brand front and rear shocks besides Losi XX4 shocks on the X5? Thanks :)

Welshy40
29-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Mate you can fit any shock as long as you use the shock tower fitting for that make of shocks.

Funkymojo
29-11-2009, 03:13 PM
Mate you can fit any shock as long as you use the shock tower fitting for that make of shocks.

Thanks mate...but i did check and the losi xx4 rear shocks have longer shock body and shaft compared to other shocks...

YoungChazz
30-11-2009, 02:06 PM
The rear shocks on the xx-4, 1.2", are the same as the rear shocks for their 1/10 trucks. The original xxx-4 used them too. So they are not unique to the xx-4 and are readily available.

The rear shocks from an AE or Kyosho truck should be very close in length.

Funkymojo
30-11-2009, 04:34 PM
The rear shocks on the xx-4, 1.2", are the same as the rear shocks for their 1/10 trucks. The original xxx-4 used them too. So they are not unique to the xx-4 and are readily available.

The rear shocks from an AE or Kyosho truck should be very close in length.

Thanks for the reply Chazz...i guess the easy solution would be to use Losi shocks, the reason why i asked this question is because i want to try other brand shocks cause they are more easily accessible from where i live. Looks like i can try AE or Kyosho truck shocks since they are very close in length.