PDA

View Full Version : 8.5 gearing


paulc
08-09-2009, 05:22 PM
hi guys got an 8.5 to go in my rb5 what pinion do i need to use on the standard spur gear was thinking about a 24/25 for indoors

cheers paul

heda
09-09-2009, 10:25 AM
I run Novak 8.5 in mine, with 20 it gets barley warm
with a 22 itīs so warm I can keep my finger on it for 3-4sek, so start with a 21 maybe. Thatīs what I will try next.

I run lipo in mine

paulc
09-09-2009, 07:08 PM
i've been running my novak 6.5L on 21/78 and it been ok so for an 8.5 i would have thought about a 24/25 :confused:

paulc
30-09-2009, 06:58 PM
anyone

niggs98
30-09-2009, 07:45 PM
i run a 6.5 on a 22-23 depending on track so start on a 24/25 and go from there

paulc
30-09-2009, 08:50 PM
cheers nathan ;)

stampede vxlboy
31-10-2009, 01:01 AM
anybody got a item number for rb5 spur gear 81spur or 86 spur i will be running a 5.5turn motor 6000kv thanks

paulc
31-10-2009, 08:36 AM
bit of a differance in spur gear size for running an 8.5 i am running mine on 24/78

RogerM
02-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Geared mine 25/76 and I'll be starting there again with the Speed Passion one too.