View Full Version : MIP 4-10 'LEGEND' kit for the RC10
BORMAC
10-09-2009, 06:15 AM
Before i auction off this kit I thought it might be an idea to post some pics up here of what the kit has inside it for those who would care to know. This was the last kit made by MIP in the series designed for the alloy pan RC10 buggies back in 1992. These kits are uber rare and highly collectible. If you want to have a shot at owning it you can follow this link to the auction. Thankyou-Jason.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170381460577&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/bormac/MIP4-10LEGEND.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/bormac/MIP4-10LEGEND1.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/bormac/MIP4-10LEGEND2.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/bormac/MIP4-10LEGEND3.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/bormac/MIP4-10LEGEND4.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i133/bormac/MIP4-10LEGEND5.jpg
miklos
10-09-2009, 10:21 AM
:thumbsup: i remember those very very rare like you say
Richard Lowe
10-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I always wanted one if those for my RC10 team, they were rare and expensive at the time - nevermind 15 years or so later!!
NeilD
10-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Stick a bid in Rich!
jimmy
10-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Wow that'll go for some crazy money - I liked the chain drive version, that was nuts.
isobarik
10-09-2009, 03:08 PM
I would like to have that proto wich was driven via an flexi shaft.
:thumbsup:
mvh isobarik
racingdwarf
10-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I saw mr MIP (can't spell his first name so Mr Moore will have to do:lol:) drive one of them at the worlds at romsey many years ago.Aggggg I wish I had money:drool::drool:...is there nothing this man does not have...Mustangs in boxes a few days ago and now this......
Welshy40
10-09-2009, 06:04 PM
class. I had the carbon fibre flat chassis RC10 with the same MIP system on and is a work of art. Nice!!
RETRO R/C
11-09-2009, 10:10 AM
I would like to have that proto wich was driven via an flexi shaft.
:thumbsup:
mvh isobarik
Actually the cable drive was the first conversion that Eustace Moore produced. There are technically 4 versions of the MIP conversions.
The Cable was for both the Tamiya SRB and also the RC10.
The Chain was next.
The first belt drive was a "conversion" or adaption of the pulleys from the chain to cogged teeth to allow the running of a belt.
The last was the "Legend" kit as seen above. It has the "slipper" pulley at the rear to adjust the amount of drive to the front should you desire.
There is alot about these kits to love. I will eventually be building up mine ......... one day. There is also alot to know about these conversions as well. You could write a small book on them and their history.
Cheers
Darryn
YoKoMo-MX4
12-09-2009, 02:44 AM
beautiful ... but oh so expensive...
Chequered Flag Racing
17-09-2009, 08:07 AM
but oh so expensive...
sold for £595.81 :woot:
postage wasn't so bad :D
not that I bought it mind you
BORMAC
17-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Yep it sold alright but when compared with recent times not as well as I had thought. Ive seen them go much higher. Still it sold well enough considering that MIP are looking at rereleasing this kit.
Postage cost me more than i had charged.
Radish
20-10-2009, 03:13 PM
Any news on this re-release you mention??? :drool:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.