PDA

View Full Version : Plastic Chassis


Jamie B4
10-09-2009, 01:53 PM
Has any of the team guys any views on the plastic chassis ie is it better and is there any further issues with the weight distribution as the chassis is 30g heavier so does this mean it will understeer more??

Big E
10-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Personally I prefer the plastic chassis as it just makes the car a little easier to drive. A very well set up graphite would possibly have it on lap times but we just don't normally get the practice time over here so the plastic wins hands down on that front for me.

No problems with the weight, it is 30g heavier but it is spread over the whole of the chassis not just one area.

E.

jono83
10-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Ellis when changing from the graphite to the plastic chassis do you stick with the exact same setup and weight distribution? or have you made any changes.

Big E
10-09-2009, 06:51 PM
All the same, only thing I run different really now is 30wt in the rear at most tracks, with the non squared I used to run 25 most of the time.

E.

tony12795
10-09-2009, 08:16 PM
How long have the team boys been running the chassis's to determin the new setup changes and if I purchased a new X6 kit will this come with plastic chassis or not ?

T

jono83
10-09-2009, 09:48 PM
Tony kits will be supplied with the graphite chassis and the plastic one will be a option part.

SHY
10-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Does it provide more grip? And by that I mean significantly :lol:

jono83
10-09-2009, 10:24 PM
The flex in the plastic chassis helps generate more steering i am lead to believe.

elvo
14-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Does it provide more grip? And by that I mean significantly :lol:

Doesn't do anything *significantly* :lol: The difference is quite subtle.

gazhillAE
14-09-2009, 09:09 PM
All the same, only thing I run different really now is 30wt in the rear at most tracks, with the non squared I used to run 25 most of the time.

E.

Ellis

The stated 30w in the rear youve been using, how long have you used it for this summer? Did you use the plastic chassis and 30w at the southport national? All your setup sheets this year state 25w you see.

Thanks buddy :thumbsup:

MALLET
14-09-2009, 09:18 PM
Any of you lads who have gone for the plastic chassis selling their old squared chassis :thumbsup::drool:

Cheers
Tim

Big E
15-09-2009, 11:47 AM
Ellis

The stated 30w in the rear youve been using, how long have you used it for this summer? Did you use the plastic chassis and 30w at the southport national? All your setup sheets this year state 25w you see.

Thanks buddy :thumbsup:

Pretty much run 30wt since Oswestry.

I had 30wt in at Southport but didn't have teh plastic chassis on then.