View Full Version : Shock shaft threads
dirtbat
14-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Has anyone pre-tapped the shock caps? I can't figure out the thread size for the XXX-CR shock shafts. Virtually everything else in the kit is 4-40 or 3mm.
I'm stumped. Thanks to those that can help.
ashleyb4
14-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Ive never pre tapped the shock bottoms.
Im not 100% sure but i THINK there 5/50 but someone will correct me.
A
dirtbat
14-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Thanks, I suspect the tpi count is less than 40 tpi
They're 5-40. No need to pre-tap them.
dirtbat
14-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks Elvo,
I'm not likely to run out and buy this tap, but I have had a hard time threading these parts on other kits (AE), and have heard that the Losi bits are a little easier to screw in. Any tips?
Thanks again
ashleyb4
14-09-2009, 10:02 PM
They're 5-40. No need to pre-tap them.
Knew it was 5 soemthing lol.
A
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.