PDA

View Full Version : mounting handout transponders in the B44


tymill
14-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Does anyone have any particularly crafty tricks for mounting handout AMD transponders in the B44?

I can of course just put a hole in the roof - but I'm curious if there are any other tricks for tucking it inside securely.

I'm looking at the underside of the top deck... hmm.... Perhaps a piece of lexan with a hole in it servotaped to the top of the front deck might do it. Anyone tried that?

Unfort I don't have a transponder to hand at home, so I don't know their exact dimensions.

Thanks for any ideas...

Cheers,
Ty

Gayo
14-09-2009, 11:11 PM
You can use the opening on the rear top deck as a mounting hole. Just put the transponder on top of the deck with the mounting thing (can't find the name - lol) facing the ground.
Use also some kind of foam/tape to avoid scoring the nice CF :woot:

Big G
14-09-2009, 11:22 PM
the little mounting piece that came with the TC3 would be nice. just pop it over the item infront of the motor (receiver in my car)

tymill
15-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Problem solved - with a little help from HRH the Queen...

I needed a few more grams to make the weight, and the 50p makes a perfect mounting hole for the handout. :woot:
http://www.oople.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9023&stc=1&d=1253056371