PDA

View Full Version : Tyre inserts


shanks
17-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Just sorting some wheels and tyres for the weekend - trouble is I only have one set of c schu inserts medium

I do have some tamiya ones which actually look far better - shaped and ribbed

However they are firmer when installed

So question is has anyone experience of firmer inserts and if so how do they effect handlng?

spenner
17-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Inserts are a big part of car tuning now days...

If you are just bashing then any old insert will be fine, if you are racing then they can make a big difference.

There are currently a number of companies doing tyre inserts:

Mr O Foams
Trishbits
Rymart
Edit
Schumacher

I have recently started my own foam inserts which are under the Trishbits name.
I will be at the F3's this week and will have plenty of stock with me.

Hope this helps