View Full Version : SC10 breakages/wear and tear
Garry
23-09-2009, 08:47 PM
How long have you had your SC10, and what have you broken or worn out?
Just looking at what to get, spares-wise other than hubs/wishbones etc.
millzy
24-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Ive had mine since it was out
bashed the crap out of it and the only thing ive broke is a set of rear wheels as the nuts are to large and dont hold the wheel on
fit blue ft b4 nuts on the rear and it should be fine
Nick Goodall
24-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Worn a set of tyres out - that's it so far :-)
Big G
24-09-2009, 10:09 AM
a few wishbones from hitting the upslope of a double at full speed :cry:
a bulkhead, although I didn't personally break it. I had to donate the one I removed from my sc10 when I fitted the alu one.
the middles of rear wheels lol
wezzer
24-09-2009, 10:27 AM
i have broken 2 front wishbones ( hitting stationary objects though at warp speed , so anything would of broken :-) ) but being smashed all over the track by other people has resulted in a broken bulkhead and one front hub, worn a 2 sets of rears tyres out , thats it i think
Body Paint
24-09-2009, 11:01 AM
2 front wishbones, 1 shock cap and mounting screw, 1 diff rebuild kit, 3 rear wheels, 1 pair of rear tyres, 1 bodyshell.
This car has had one hell of a lot of abuse over the last 6 months and has proved to be pretty tough, though the rear wheels and the diff are a bit of a let down.
Big G
24-09-2009, 12:36 PM
oh yeah. I've also blown 3 (or 4 I forget) idler gears lol
mrspeedy
24-09-2009, 05:04 PM
2 front wishbones, 1 shock cap and mounting screw, 1 diff rebuild kit, 3 rear wheels, 1 pair of rear tyres, 1 bodyshell.
This car has had one hell of a lot of abuse over the last 6 months and has proved to be pretty tough, though the rear wheels and the diff are a bit of a let down.
I made up some longer drive pins from some spring steel found in a model shop, they're about 4mm longer than stock which helps prevent the wheels from stripping out ..... :thumbsup:
Northy
24-09-2009, 06:46 PM
What's the maximum length can the rear drive pins be? I might have some that will do the job.
Anyone want to test them if I do? :confused:
G
mark christopher
24-09-2009, 07:00 PM
ill test em G
max length is 11.5mm
Garry
24-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks guys, keep them coming.
Encouraging to hear that its nothing too major breaking.
When you guys muller a wheel, do you get the AE pre-glueds and slap them on, or build some new ones up yourself with other brand wheels (JConcepts maybe?). I'm very lazy. :lol:
Body Paint
24-09-2009, 10:45 PM
What's the maximum length can the rear drive pins be? I might have some that will do the job.
Anyone want to test them if I do? :confused:
G
'sticks hand in air' ME! ME! ME! ME! :lol:
havent really had much chance to try and demolish mine yet, although it has been off my house roof :blush: and landed to flat on the rear bumper :woot:
Im suprised it just unmeshed the motor and didnt send the motor through the spur gear :lol:
Ive been running it with a 5.5 lately and it's just insaneee! It easily out drags cars on my street:thumbsup:
Sorry to sound like stampy :blush:
Northy
25-09-2009, 07:58 AM
'sticks hand in air' ME! ME! ME! ME! :lol:
Mark beat you too it :p
G
Nick Goodall
25-09-2009, 08:54 AM
I've got a set of those new Proline Bead-lock wheels and they seem pretty good, certainly look pimp anyway :lol:
Body Paint
25-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Mark beat you too it :p
G
Right then, no more stickers for you... 'turns and walks away' :p
Northy
25-09-2009, 12:04 PM
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Body Paint
25-09-2009, 12:04 PM
I've got a set of those new Proline Bead-lock wheels and they seem pretty good, certainly look pimp anyway :lol:
I have been trying my hardest to resist spending any more money but I am tempted by a set of red bead-locks
pat*1
25-09-2009, 01:01 PM
All ive dont to mine is a front arm,and thats from hitting a metal goal post...even the tyres are standing up well...
Garry
26-09-2009, 10:23 PM
All ive dont to mine is a front arm,and thats from hitting a metal goal post...even the tyres are standing up well...
Thats something I've noticed, a good 4-5 runs on tarmac, driving 'enthusiastically'...:lol: and the tyres are still looking good, no signs of blisters or worn tread like you'd get with buggy tyres, yet still ''good'' grip (i.e massive sideways moments).
:D
Captain-Codpiece-The-2nd
01-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Sideways is the new forwards..........
________
HARLEY-DAVIDSON CAPTAIN AMERICA (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Harley-Davidson_Captain_America)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.