PDA

View Full Version : B4 front arm replacement quesiton.


pete2222
26-09-2009, 05:24 PM
Can anyone advise me which replacement front arms are the best ones to go for. I've seen there are the standard ones, the graphite ones and also some nice silver alloy yeah racing ones. I am just bashing, not racing. I'm not sure if I have the standard ones or the graphite on mine, but one one of them snapped today.:mad:
Thanks

JCJC
26-09-2009, 05:46 PM
I would just fit standard ones, they snap, they are cheap, fit the alloy and something more costly will break.

gerbil
26-09-2009, 05:56 PM
i agree with the last post aluminium may be stronger but that means something else will snap which in turn costs more pennies

pete2222
26-09-2009, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the advice. I've just seen some standard ones in the for sale section, so hopefully I'm sorted now. Out of interest though, are the carbon ones lighter and stronger or what?

DanW
26-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the advice. I've just seen some standard ones in the for sale section, so hopefully I'm sorted now. Out of interest though, are the carbon ones lighter and stronger or what?

Carbon ones are lighter, but tend to be more brittle.

Cheap alloy parts often arent all that strong as bend quite easy.

Just buy the standard arms

ryan_93
26-09-2009, 07:57 PM
To protect the front wishbones from braking you can always use a big front bumper, rpm do them LINK (http://graphics.hobbypeople.net/gallery/708160.jpg).

Ryan

neiloliver
27-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Why not race your B4? That way you can blame someone else when you break a front arm?

N

pete2222
27-09-2009, 08:49 PM
Why not race your B4? That way you can blame someone else when you break a front arm?

N


:thumbsup: My local club is all 4wd or I would be racing it by now :woot:

tymill
27-09-2009, 11:46 PM
:thumbsup: My local club is all 4wd or I would be racing it by now :woot:
hmm.. bring it up to 1588 grams and race it anyway!:thumbsup:

dayxwalker
03-10-2009, 05:30 AM
I have had alloy wishbones on all round since last year and not broke a single part ! And I have had sone nasty crashes none of them my fault of course lol

bigred5765
03-10-2009, 05:59 AM
alloy arms are crap they bend out out shape, which makes the car do strange stuff,

pete2222
03-10-2009, 08:42 PM
I have a replacement set of standard arms fitted now. Thanks everyone for your advice.