View Full Version : B44 Hop ups ?
VXRBennie58
03-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Hi Guys,
Just brought a b44 and wondering if i need to do alot to it or is it pretty good out of the box. Any hop ups worth getting and any mods that are recommended. Ill be running lipo's so is there any specific lipo holders ?
Any motor recommendations and batteries ?
Any advise and help will be much appreciated:D
Cheers
VXRBennie58
traffman
03-10-2009, 11:05 AM
When i purchased it was second hand and i rebuilt it with the mid44 chassis .
You dont have to go that far , ive fitted the 4mm thick Atomic carbon front shock mount .
Also the Associated Lipo holder in cf. I run the Reedy saddle packs as they fit nice an neat .
I believe the Vampire range are pretty much the same size and a tad cheaper.
Motor selections up to you i run a Lrp x12 6.5 which is plenty fast with the lipos.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/traffman/DSC03726.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/traffman/DSC03725.jpg
Hope that helps.
jordan1
03-10-2009, 11:07 AM
lipo craddles and atomic carbon 4mm front shock tower is all i would do. i wouldnt do the mid44 conversion its horrid/orful
jordan
Id reccomend getting the Rudebits brass lipo tray, as for other upgrades the only thing id reccomend is a roll bar for the back.
Motor and batteries id go with a speed passion 6.5, and reedy 4200 35c lipos :drool:
traffman
03-10-2009, 12:51 PM
lipo craddles and atomic carbon 4mm front shock tower is all i would do. i wouldnt do the mid44 conversion its horrid/orful
jordan
Your opion and entitled to it , i find it lovely , suits my driving styleee
VXRBennie58
03-10-2009, 02:28 PM
yeah cheers guys, ive heard about the rudebits lipo craddle:D
Whats space like, enough room for electrics or is is tight ?:confused:
Mike Hudson
03-10-2009, 02:30 PM
plenty of room for electrics :thumbsup:
Big G
03-10-2009, 05:00 PM
alu front shock tower mount is a good upgrade since the plastic one has a tendency to strip the threads.
chris_trcc
03-10-2009, 10:21 PM
i got on the rudebits lipo tray and battery holders, rear roll bar, one way diff, and drives a dream, imo one way is better for my driving style, also get the rpm ball joints and you be sorted
Big G
05-10-2009, 10:16 AM
are both the shock towers in the photos above atomic carbon ones?
Mike Hudson
05-10-2009, 10:31 AM
The front one is but the rear one isnt
enfieldbanana
06-10-2009, 10:07 PM
What is the mid44 like to run with lipos when compared to the original chassis for the b44? I bought one of these chassis when I was running normal cells and loved the handling.it was a dream to drive and a massive improvement on the original chassis i thought.but when I went to lipos I went back to the b44 chassis because I read somewhere that it wasn't designed for lipos and that they are developing a version of it for lipos.the whole idea of the mid44 was to move that weight from the cells forward 20mm which I found made it more direct when steering due to the weight being more forward and because lipos are so much lighter the theory of the mid44 doesn't apply when using lipos.
When i purchased it was second hand and i rebuilt it with the mid44 chassis .
You dont have to go that far , ive fitted the 4mm thick Atomic carbon front shock mount .
Also the Associated Lipo holder in cf. I run the Reedy saddle packs as they fit nice an neat .
I believe the Vampire range are pretty much the same size and a tad cheaper.
Motor selections up to you i run a Lrp x12 6.5 which is plenty fast with the lipos.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/traffman/DSC03726.jpg
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/traffman/DSC03725.jpg
Hope that helps.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.