View Full Version : ZX5 for Worksop virgin?
CougarRob
08-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Hi All, Racing for the first time at Worksop this sunday and I know that its a low grip track. I have no experience with driving on this type of surface at all and was wondering if I could be pointed in the direction of a good set-up for the standard ZX5 (non SP non FS)? Something that I could work from.
Got the car handling great on high grip tracks but would appreciate some advice.
I have trawled the set-up pages but not surprisingly most set-ups are now for SP or FS.
I run 3600 trakpower lipos and an Atomic Carbon front tower.
Cheers.
Captain-Codpiece-The-2nd
08-10-2009, 12:44 PM
Someone please help Rob, he really is a virgin with no experience......:p
________
CT90 (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_CT90)
I wouldn't say worksop is low grip:confused: more medium to high;) sorry can't help with a setup.
Neil Skull
09-10-2009, 08:31 AM
I have some set ups i can scan for you but nothing for Worksop.
Sorry :(
In fact they are all outdoor setups.
CougarRob
09-10-2009, 08:50 AM
My mistake, I remember watching the Players last year and thought that the cork type surface seemed slippery. If its relatively good grip then I should be OK - well as OK as my driving allows!! :cry:
niggs98
09-10-2009, 09:08 AM
hiya i ran the standard zx5 a few years back. here is my tivertion setup
http://www.petitrc.com/setup/kyosho/setupzx5/ZX5_StuartNathan_Tiverton20051206.htm
the only change i would make from that is to add2-3mm of spacer in the d plate to reduce the front kick up and reduce the rear antisquat to 1mm and change the springs to either kit silver all round or to lime yelloow on the front with kit silver on the rear
CougarRob
09-10-2009, 09:40 AM
My mistake, I remember watching the Players last year and thought that the cork type surface seemed slippery. If its relatively good grip then I should be OK - well as OK as my driving allows!! :cry:
CougarRob
09-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Thanks Niggs, appreciate the help. see you on Sunday!!
Dave Dodd
10-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Rob
Those who know drive in team shambles :thumbsup: good luck sunday
CougarRob
10-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Cheers Dave, now just off to polish my screwdrivers and colour-code my zip-ties!! Will be pitting with Lloyd and Chris so I might turn to the dark side and use a crisp packet to hold my rear wing on....... I thought I had seen everything!!
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.