PDA

View Full Version : Novak Velociti Bearings


dibble34
11-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Hi All

The bearings in my Novak motor have given up. Though the car was noisy and turns out this is the cause, it started locking up today!. I defo need the bottom bearing and think i may as well do the top one at the same time. My question is does anyone know what size they are? I found a kit on the Novak website, but none of the usual suspects seem to stock it part 5916. if i can find out the size of each then i hope to order them on their own. Any advice gratefully received :thumbsup:

Dave

hottuna
11-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Associated B44 wheel bearing fits in the front, it's rubber sealed and will last a long time. Part# asc7935

dibble34
12-10-2009, 08:36 AM
thanks i shall take a look

panch
14-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Hi...

I have the same problem with one of my novaks.. and cant get old of the kit, are you sure these bearings come out on there own as I tried that and couldnt budge them... is there a special way ??

AlisdairO
14-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Hi...

I have the same problem with one of my novaks.. and cant get old of the kit, are you sure these bearings come out on there own as I tried that and couldnt budge them... is there a special way ??

From the sound of Dave's car I expect they've disintegrated, so he won't have much trouble getting them out :p

sparrow.2
14-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi...

I have the same problem with one of my novaks.. and cant get old of the kit, are you sure these bearings come out on there own as I tried that and couldnt budge them... is there a special way ??


Try heating the can with a soldering iron. If this fails whack it out with a screwdriver. It's bust already so doesn't matter if it disintegrates while you're taking it out.

Try the heating trick to get it back in or plop the bearing in the freezer before trying to insert it. Make sure it doesn't feel tight though when both parts have the same temperature again.

Go on, chase the bug :D

dibble34
14-10-2009, 06:33 PM
From the sound of Dave's car I expect they've disintegrated, so he won't have much trouble getting them out :p

Ha ha, your not wrong mate. Still can't find out what size the bearing is at the bottom where the wires solder on. Was rusty!

AlisdairO
16-10-2009, 07:47 AM
Ha ha, your not wrong mate. Still can't find out what size the bearing is at the bottom where the wires solder on. Was rusty!

Yeesh! Found this on the internets: http://www.teamnovak.com/products/brushless/motor_spec_chart.htm . The front is 1/2" x 3/16", but can't find out what the rear one is. At a guess I'd say it'd be the 'standard' size, which is 3/8" x 1/8". The kit, though, comes with a new endbell as well, so I'm not sure if the rear bearing is user-replaceable on its own or not.

http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk are the UK distributor, so you might be able to get hold of the kit from them.

edit: TBH, if you measure the one you've got, it should give you a good idea, knowing that they're imperial.

dibble34
16-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Cheers mate, i shall have a look.