PDA

View Full Version : XX pro-squat mod


MOGGIE XL
19-10-2009, 05:54 PM
I am building a Losi XX to the same spec as Ellis Staffords 1996 national winning car from the 60 second set up in the very first RC CAR RACER mag
and in the set up bit he says he did the pro squat mod.Does anyone Know
how this was done.

sparrow.2
19-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Are you sure it's prosquat?!?

On the original XX we used to redrill the rear hinge pin holders to give inboard toe-in and run 0° Hub carriers. At least that was the ticket to make the back end better. The XX-CR came with inboard toe-in as standard.

I'd be interested to see if it really was pro-squat because it just sounds wrong :confused:

MOGGIE XL
19-10-2009, 06:32 PM
I Know what you mean but that is what it says in Ellis' set-up.I wonder if he can remember the set-ups of the old XX.

mikeyscott
19-10-2009, 06:37 PM
I run my XXCR with the updated rear end, which I think is the same as the XXX. Sheldon Hobbies on ebay do them.

Love my XXCR Kinwald. Got about 4 of the damn things now :)

It's been retired for the winter and will make a return next spring and maybe even at a regional along with a mate of mine :D

Darren Boyle
19-10-2009, 06:39 PM
They certainly did run Pro Squat back then, I seem to remember it involved "slotting" the two bulkhead holes that screwed to the chassis from the top, then "bending it forward" and tightening up the screws to hold it in place. I seem to recall that some drivers used to pop an old diff or thrust ball in the hole to stop it from "slipping" back to nromal 0 degrees. I am fairly sure this is right but I may be wrong....

MOGGIE XL
19-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Cheers that is very interesting.do you know what this did to the handeling.Also do you still have any bulkheads.

Darren Boyle
19-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Not sure on the effects RBH, never ran it myself. I can check on the availability of bulkheads if you contact me tommorow while at the shop