PDA

View Full Version : Silver Arrow


dayxwalker
22-10-2009, 08:56 AM
Just finished my rebuild of my B4 so I though I would show it off !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIhhxvUJ_lI

Mike Hudson
22-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Is the shell completely chrome? Hope it doesn't all flake off! I Painted wing up in chrome a long time ago and it all fell off after a few runs! :lol:

dayxwalker
22-10-2009, 09:55 AM
I knew about the chrome problems so I got some PS-48 Tamiya Semi Gloss Anodised Silver which is not chrome as such but has a similar effect. I was recommended to use this from a guy on oople who had done Mclaren b4 & B44 shells.
Fingers crossed it's ok tho !

chrispattinson
22-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Looks mint that does Tim!
Do you fancy tidying mine up? Stephen Adams marshalled my car at Worksop a fortnight ago, and commented after that it looked well used!

dayxwalker
22-10-2009, 10:53 AM
It cost me about 100 notes ! Which is a little crazy but boys and there toys ! You have had your B4 for some time now tho Chris.
I was considering a x6 conversion instead of this but after me and jeff (B4's) beating all the x6's at the club I though again.

stampede vxlboy
22-10-2009, 12:49 PM
nice b4 were did you get all the:thumbsup::thumbsup: alloy bits from and the gearbox. and were did you get turning buckles and rear caster i would like to make my b4 look like your buggy it look sweet ass, well nice b4 best i have seen yet

MHeadling
22-10-2009, 01:13 PM
' I would like to make my b4 to look like your sweet ass '

Another Stampy classic!

Sweet ass! :thumbsup:

Read your post first before you post it so it makes sense, I am wasting my breath I feel!

Mike Hudson
22-10-2009, 01:15 PM
i would like to make my b4 look like your sweet ass
:lol:Lovin it! Didn't know you swang that way? Just kidding fella I think fastrax and gpm sell various alloy parts for the B4

dayxwalker
22-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Yep it's all GPM stuff ! I have been running gpm blue alloy wishbones for approx 1 year and haven't broken one single part on the car and to those that say they done handle with them I have to disagree as mine has been mint all year long. Won a regional B final with them on so must be ok.
I picked the silver ones because the blue anodized layer scratches and looks crap this way you will not notice them. Blue bits are nice if they are out of the way were they don't get scratched.

stampede vxlboy
22-10-2009, 05:14 PM
there some kids on here lmfao bigboy racers :p:p:woot:

stampede vxlboy
22-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Yep it's all GPM stuff ! I have been running gpm blue alloy wishbones for approx 1 year and haven't broken one single part on the car and to those that say they done handle with them I have to disagree as mine has been mint all year long. Won a regional B final with them on so must be ok.
I picked the silver ones because the blue anodized layer scratches and looks crap this way you will not notice them. Blue bits are nice if they are out of the way were they don't get scratched. can you get the parts from the uk ?

Mike Hudson
22-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Try ebay thats where you'll find most gpm parts ;) Alot of it is abroad but are same price as you'd pay here if not a little cheaper sometimes :thumbsup:

dayxwalker
22-10-2009, 06:18 PM
I got mine from ebay and they took about 2 weeks for the stuff to come. They do shock mounts but I reckon they will bend to easy

stampede vxlboy
22-10-2009, 08:27 PM
thanks do any shop stock the parts in the uk or is it just ebay that got parts

Pondy
22-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Mate where did the top plate come from?
Car looks ace, shame to get it dirty!
Cheers.

dayxwalker
23-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Mate where did the top plate come from?
Car looks ace, shame to get it dirty!
Cheers.

It's all gpm from eBay !

stampede vxlboy
23-10-2009, 06:30 PM
from usa or the uk i tryed looking cant find any parts like your parts

bodgit
23-10-2009, 06:47 PM
gpm hong kong
http://toys.shop.ebay.co.uk/Cars-/19167/i.html?Type=Parts%2520%2526%2520Accessories&Model=B4&_nkw=gpm&_dmpt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&_fln=1&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

stampede vxlboy
23-10-2009, 06:52 PM
is there anywere in the uk that does them i looked all last night thanks for the link mate

dayxwalker
23-10-2009, 07:15 PM
is there anywere in the uk that does them i looked all last night thanks for the link mate

Does it matter if its hong Kong or the UK ? they are good for the parts and cheap ! just have to wait a bit

Col
23-10-2009, 07:21 PM
he needs uk as he will only use postal orders due to no paypal account I think.

stampede vxlboy
23-10-2009, 07:22 PM
no paypal that the problem plus shipping fees and fees when it hit the uk 24% of the total cost plus 15% handel charge plus royail mail cheaper to get them from the uk or i will have to leave them alone

jhammond
23-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Why don't you just set up a paypal account? It takes just a few minutes.




Julius.

stampede vxlboy
23-10-2009, 08:10 PM
need to sort a bank out first mate

sparrow.2
23-10-2009, 08:18 PM
No bank account?!?!

You do have running water at home though???

How the frick can you not have a bank account?!?!?!

stampede vxlboy
23-10-2009, 08:59 PM
got a bank but need to sort another card out lost it. and if not i will use my wife bank but still need to sort paypal out

Col
23-10-2009, 10:02 PM
you don't need a card for paypal. Mine comes direct from the account.

jhammond
23-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Col... I agree...

It is, as previously stated, a doddle to set up. It takes literally a few minutes.

And, it has SO many advantages over using postal orders.

Julius.

dayxwalker
24-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Just been backing the shell with masking tape and notice a few cracks in the bodyshell ? It's not even been ran the car has not moved at all ! The cracks are about 5mm long and clean through the shell. It's as if the paint has reacted with the polycarbonate ? The paint is designed for polycarbonate
I am racing it tomorrow so not to confident that it will look to great after

Any ideas what's happened here ?

showtime
24-10-2009, 05:38 PM
sounds like its cracked :p

dayxwalker
24-10-2009, 06:04 PM
sounds like its cracked :p

I am cracking up now :thumbsup:

chris68nufc
24-10-2009, 06:29 PM
You should have saved up and got an x6 conversion. I hope the alloy doesnt bend and cause wird stuff to happen. Hopefully see it in action tomorrow!!

Tom3012
24-10-2009, 06:54 PM
stampy if you keep the value of goods from abroad at £30 or less, you should not get charged import duty or handling fees??

dayxwalker
24-10-2009, 08:01 PM
You should have saved up and got an x6 conversion. I hope the alloy doesnt bend and cause wird stuff to happen. Hopefully see it in action tomorrow!!

I have had GPM alloy wishbones on since day one so not to worried. I have your long spikes in my box ! I have just put brand new yellow mini spikes on so hope they work in the new hall