View Full Version : xxx chassis question
Rocking Donkey
23-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Bit of a noob question, but is the plastic xxx-cr chassis compatible with the BK1? I have a BK1 but am always worried about shorting cells on the chassis and I'm not ready to go LiPo yet.
Cheers
Ben
Tom3012
23-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Should be a straight swap.. you could just use some insulation tape, stick it to the sides of the chassis :thumbsup:
migsy
23-10-2009, 08:21 PM
i use silicone down the inner sides to stop my corallys and battery bars shortin. works great to.:thumbsup:
Rocking Donkey
23-10-2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the speedy replies. I have been using battery tape to insulate the chassis, but the cells are such a tight fit that they scrape through fairly regularly. The silicon sounds like a good idea. I will try that, but for £13 I might as well get the EA3 chassis too to compare. I don't need any more grip, especially at the back, but maybe a little more flex will keep the rear on the ground on bumpy straights. It seems to pogo where my Associated B2 and B4 seem to cruise through.
migsy
23-10-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the speedy replies. I have been using battery tape to insulate the chassis, but the cells are such a tight fit that they scrape through fairly regularly. The silicon sounds like a good idea. I will try that, but for £13 I might as well get the EA3 chassis too to compare. I don't need any more grip, especially at the back, but maybe a little more flex will keep the rear on the ground on bumpy straights. It seems to pogo where my Associated B2 and B4 seem to cruise through.
i'd say thats to do with your shock damping.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.