PDA

View Full Version : Cr rear on xx4


rob84
24-10-2009, 05:45 PM
When running a cr rear end do you need to cut the brace off on the pivot blocks? cheers

Danny McGee
24-10-2009, 05:53 PM
When running a cr rear end do you need to cut the brace off on the pivot blocks? cheers

eh!!!

brace on the pivot block? you mean the bits that join it all up? if thats what you mean then yes you do, we also flip them the other way and dremmel to improve the car over bumps

Danny

Ferret
24-10-2009, 06:33 PM
If you have 2 degree pivot blocks then you can leave them, they are the same as the cut CR ones.

Avner.

rob84
04-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I've put the xxxcr rear end on now, do i need to run a shorter turnbuckle as it has thrown them out or should i just move the ball stud in? cheers

Ferret
04-11-2009, 10:32 PM
It is a setup thing; shorter turnbuckle will generally give you more camber gain than longer ones.

Avner.

stuey
20-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Can I confirm with someone that these are the required parts to do the conversion?
A2129 XXXCR rear hubs
A2132 XXXCR rear wishbones
A2113 2deg piviot support
Do you swap the wishbones over, ie right to left, left to right?
I have searched but its taking me forever!
Thanks

jono83
20-11-2009, 04:28 PM
CR rear wishbones are non handed so it wont mattet which side you use em on

stuey
20-11-2009, 05:21 PM
What about if I put them on upside down?? Just kidding... cheers

Southwell
20-11-2009, 08:12 PM
CR rear wishbones are non handed so it wont mattet which side you use em on

Yes they are. Thats why one has 1 dot the other has 2 dots.

Southwell
20-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Can I confirm with someone that these are the required parts to do the conversion?
A2129 XXXCR rear hubs
A2132 XXXCR rear wishbones
A2113 2deg piviot support
Do you swap the wishbones over, ie right to left, left to right?
I have searched but its taking me forever!
Thanks

You swap the pivot blocks over.

Ferret
20-11-2009, 08:19 PM
First of all, the wishbones are handed. The left one is marked with one dot and the right one with two dots. Swapping them will give a slightly shorter wheelbase.

Second, if your existing pivot support is the XX4 CE (with toe in) then you don't need the A2113, if it's the original XX4's pivot support (0 toe in) than you do need it (or you can also use LOSA2213).

Avner.

stuey
22-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I think I have 0deg toe white blocks from a street weapon, and outboard toe rear hubs on the car. I may have the original inboard toe pivot blocks with a bit ground out from the worlds kit. So, you swap the blocks over left to right, maintaining the 2deg anti squat?

Southwell
24-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Swap the blocks over, ground down the little lugs and then ground out a slot for the diff outdrive. I use 2 deg blocks.

stuey
25-11-2009, 09:05 AM
Cheers Ian :)

stuey
29-11-2009, 11:05 AM
A quick question. I have found the 2 deg blocks from my original worlds kit, with the machined out slots. What I cant work out is if you swap them left for right, grind the pimples off and make a new groove for the outdrive, it makes it look like the anti squat is going the wrong way. By this I mean that the front of the wishbone is lower than the rear, rather than the front being higher if you put them on the correct way. Am I going mad, or is that right?

Southwell
29-11-2009, 04:33 PM
I have an anti squat washer under the front of the blocks. Should have mentioned that.

stuey
29-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Cheers Ian, does that make it to 0 deg anti squat if you add 1 wedge? What is the starting point for the anti squat, 2 deg?

Ferret
29-11-2009, 08:34 PM
What effect does flipping the pivot block have?
And is it very noticeable?

Avner.

B44&501xRacerEX
30-11-2009, 11:06 PM
I just bought a XX-4 roller that I will be receiving in the mail soon.
What parts do you have to modify to get a CR rear end to fit?
I plan on trying this.

stuey
01-12-2009, 08:22 AM
The list I posted earlier in the thread.

Southwell
03-12-2009, 05:36 PM
2 deg i believe. Yes it is noticable, it makes the car more stable on the rear and and better over the bumps.

stuey
04-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Cheers Ian

Ferret
04-12-2009, 10:58 AM
2 deg i believe. Yes it is noticable, it makes the car more stable on the rear and and better over the bumps.

Do you mean running the car with 2 degrees pro squat?
If it is just a matter of the pro/anti squat angle, wouldn't it be easier to use 0 degree blocks with shims or wedges below the rear holes?

Avner.

stuey
05-12-2009, 04:36 PM
I have dremelled my pivot blocks now, and fitted them to the car. I would say that with no wedge, they are at 0degrees. I have added 1 wedge at the front, to give me 2deg (I think) anti squat. I cant find the rear hinge pin support bracket though, as I was not using one with the 0deg toe in street weapon blocks I had on before (had outboard toe in hubs). Do I need to use one? I believe the part no. is A2209. Is that the correct one for 3 deg rear toe blocks? I believe atomic carbon used to do one, is there an alternative if I cant get an original one?

I think it might be part no. losa9951 rear pin brace 3 deg blue?

Southwell
06-12-2009, 03:06 AM
No, 2 deg anti squat but with the pins lower? down. You need the rear brace on, if you have a random crash you 'could' rip the rear hole out the chassis and be left with a big bill. Im not sure part numbers, maybe email trish bits for a custom one? I could give him my XX4 for a template, although he may not have time.

rob84
13-12-2009, 08:51 PM
When running the cr rear end, when the weight is taken off the rear is it normal for the drive shafts to fall out? is this the reason why you would run outdrive savers on the rear? cheers

stuey
15-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Got all the parts now. It looks like 5.5 E is a reasonable starting point for the top link, and the VLA short (hub hinge pin in the inside hole nearest the middle of the car). Is that right? The rear hinge pin brace is LOSA9951 for 3 deg inboard rear toe in if anyone needs one.