View Full Version : Rebuilding B44 Diffs
nutey
29-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Just got a 2nd hand B44 and the Diffs don't feel as smooth as they could so I was going to strip them and rebuild.
The question is what will I need to order - just new rings or diff balls, thrust balls etc....:thumbsup:
ex-sco77morgan
29-10-2009, 03:53 PM
I would change rings unless you can turn them over if other side is not marked, diff balls, thrust balls and washers.
chokoboy
29-10-2009, 04:17 PM
For the SMOOTHEST diff i would recomend B-Fast diff rings, ceramic diff & thrust balls:thumbsup:
ex-sco77morgan
29-10-2009, 04:19 PM
The diffs will be more than the second hand B44 then ??
Chequered Flag Racing
29-10-2009, 04:29 PM
the Diffs don't feel as smooth as they could so I was going to strip them and rebuild.
The
Clean & grease the thrust races first before taking the diffs apart, you may be suprised at the result.
nutey
29-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Cheers for the advice:thumbsup:
I'll try just the thrust races first and see how that affects it - plenty of black grease. Got some more diff rings on the way anyway as they're only cheap...
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.