View Full Version : Potential new X11 owner Question
nismo
31-10-2009, 01:32 PM
hi all, got a few Q's to get answered before taking e plunge
e KX11: PREDATOR X11 OFF ROAD FACTORY SPEC is basically a roller rite?
still need to get tires and e usual esc,rx,motor rite?
n e BIG BORE SHOCKS V2 COMPETITION is additional hop-up for the front n rear or rear onli?
thanks.
feniks
31-10-2009, 01:43 PM
nope the bigbore's are in the kit now .
so only speedo and servo and a spring kit .
that's the only things you need to get started.
Hi,
I just found this thread because I had the same question.
Is it the XX006: BIG BORE SHOCKS V2 COMPETITION that are actually in the kit?
I notice the V2 in the name. Is there a V1 and is that actually what's in the kit?
The picture of the kit on the webshop looks like it has the old shocks:
http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=popup_image&pID=3
Also, the somewhat confusing description on the webshop mentions the front one way as optional, but this is not listed in the upgrades category on the webshop. Is this included? It is listed in the options-section though.
Looks like a great kit, but confusing and slow webshop. I wish all the manufacturers would have a complete parts listing for each kit.
nikos2002
01-11-2009, 05:29 PM
The shocks that come in the kit are the newest version.
If you want more details on the parts and even download the manual just go to www.the-pred.co.uk in the download section there are lots things to look at.
nikos2002
01-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Also, maybe some website changes coming. Earlier this month I filled out a team driver questionaire for some website changes.
migsy
01-11-2009, 05:31 PM
If you get a pred, stay away from 1-way as you might find you'll start to go backwards with it.
i went from fixed to 1-way and started to get out breaked all the time.
atlest with fixed you get a chance to match out-breaking rivals on the track. for me, fixed is my choice.:thumbsup:
nismo
13-12-2009, 06:44 AM
finally took e plunge n ordered e X11, nw can onli hope it will arrive b4 xmas....
finally took e plunge n ordered e X11, nw can onli hope it will arrive b4 xmas....
They are waiting for some parts to arrive back in stock so you might not get it before christmas. I am also waiting for mine to arrive :thumbsup:
Lowie
14-12-2009, 02:30 AM
finally took e plunge n ordered e X11, nw can onli hope it will arrive b4 xmas....
where do you come from? SG?
You speak (write) some strange language. I have it hard trying to read and understand it.
nismo
14-12-2009, 04:44 AM
where do you come from? SG?
You speak (write) some strange language. I have it hard trying to read and understand it.
ya, u r rite. ( yes, you are right)
so sorie abt that, we r so used to it here in SG ( so sorry about that, we are so used to it.....)
nismo
14-12-2009, 04:52 AM
They are waiting for some parts to arrive back in stock so you might not get it before christmas. I am also waiting for mine to arrive :thumbsup:
that better not be the case, i saw on the site that they have in stock, thats why i ordered.
anyway, i drop them a mail, see what they reply.
Lowie
14-12-2009, 07:28 AM
ya, u r rite. ( yes, you are right)
so sorie abt that, we r so used to it here in SG ( so sorry about that, we are so used to it.....)
Great ... :D
And now, .... SG????
:rolleyes::rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Bungleaio
14-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Great ... :D
And now, .... SG????
:rolleyes::rolleyes: :thumbsup:
Singapore?
nismo
14-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Singapore?
ya.....opps, i mean yes.....
nismo
21-12-2009, 03:57 AM
They are waiting for some parts to arrive back in stock so you might not get it before christmas. I am also waiting for mine to arrive :thumbsup:
tjf, have you got any update on your order?
Bungleaio
21-12-2009, 01:00 PM
Unfortunately the service doesn't match the high prices :( Xtreme are very slow at sending things out, quite often there is a wait of over a week for spares to get dispatched.
With you being aborad and the postage process adding to the delivery time I would expect you will be waiting a while for your car to arrive. I find PMing Mrs TeamXtreme on here is easier than trying to call shop.
nismo
21-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Unfortunately the service doesn't match the high prices :( Xtreme are very slow at sending things out, quite often there is a wait of over a week for spares to get dispatched.
With you being aborad and the postage process adding to the delivery time I would expect you will be waiting a while for your car to arrive. I find PMing Mrs TeamXtreme on here is easier than trying to call shop.
Thanks for the advise...
nismo
30-12-2009, 11:01 PM
hi guys, need some help.
Can someone staying in the UK tell me hows the weather there now? Still having the severe conditions?know if the delivery companies are taking in orders?
Tried email to teamxtreme(Yanina) about me order and the replied was one week ago that the weather in UK is bad and they cant sent it out.
Thanks.
andys
30-12-2009, 11:11 PM
The weather in the UK was indeed terrible in places before Christmas !
It has forecast more bad snow in places too over the next couple of days.
I'd wait till the 4th Jan, then get in touch. Most places in the UK will be back up and running on the 4th as it's the 'back to work' day for many of us, I would guess this will also be the case for teamxtreme.
nismo
31-12-2009, 12:07 AM
thanks andrew. Look like i just have to wait till then.
Arthur
31-12-2009, 07:38 AM
Hello
i'm also waiting for an order of many spares made on 13/12/2009. I don't have any response yet.
I hope that will be fast now to have these.
Happy new year (with our predator spares and kit ...)
Arthur
NB : the spares are here today, i hope that it will be the same for you
nismo
04-01-2010, 12:05 AM
Hello
i'm also waiting for an order of many spares made on 13/12/2009. I don't have any response yet.
I hope that will be fast now to have these.
Happy new year (with our predator spares and kit ...)
Arthur
NB : the spares are here today, i hope that it will be the same for you
i am still waiting for their email reply about the order & weather updates.
Desmond
migsy
04-01-2010, 08:12 AM
make sure you got patients of a saint, i waited almost 5 months for an x-brace for my x-10. :thumbdown:
nismo
04-01-2010, 08:55 AM
i dont mind waiting if they reply my mail or at lest keep me inform about the order status. I am sure you know the feeling when you spend so much on something expensive and you dont get any updates.
Cooper
04-01-2010, 11:18 AM
mail them again :)
nismo
05-01-2010, 12:31 AM
UPDATED!
got a reply from Yanina..hopefully the weather in UK stay good and my order will be send out by this week...keeping my fingers crossed....
Tom3012
05-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Its snowing heavily here at the moment
b4pete
05-01-2010, 02:48 PM
We have snow worse than most people, and we manage to get shipments in and out no problem.
Lowie
05-01-2010, 08:36 PM
UPDATED!
got a reply from Yanina..hopefully the weather in UK stay good and my order will be send out by this week...keeping my fingers crossed....
well then you are luckier then me :)
I have mailed them two or three times and Phoned twice, always the answering machine, left a message ...
I guess I'll keep on trying to phone them.
b4pete
06-01-2010, 10:00 AM
This is why I bought a durango, at least some shops have most parts you need
Lowie
06-01-2010, 10:38 AM
well, i have placed some orders the previous week and got a message telling that these orders are taken car off today ... and usually i then have the parts within 1 week ... but I must admit that communicating withe mr Lewis and mrs Yanina seems to have become difficult in the last month.
A friend of mine (Phoenix) allready had send them several mails, waiting in vain for any response over the last month.
quite anoying, i must say :(
b4pete
06-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Tell him to come on here and send a PM, they obviously come on here :
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36984
Bungleaio
06-01-2010, 04:55 PM
Tell him to come on here and send a PM, they obviously come on here :
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36984
This is the best way I've found, Yannia responds quite quickly to her PM's.
It's worth remembering that Xtreme is a very small family business, that's why if you have a car you are in pretty exclusive club.
It's not like ordering AE parts from a major retailer who has staff available 24/7.
If they are away on holiday or such then patience is needed, but this patience is rewarded with personal service.
franki
06-01-2010, 08:50 PM
It's worth remembering that Xtreme is a very small family business, that's why if you have a car you are in pretty exclusive club.
It's not like ordering AE parts from a major retailer who has staff available 24/7.
If they are away on holiday or such then patience is needed, but this patience is rewarded with personal service.
very very well said
b4pete
06-01-2010, 10:26 PM
It's worth remembering that Xtreme is a very small family business, that's why if you have a car you are in pretty exclusive club.
It's not like ordering AE parts from a major retailer who has staff available 24/7.
If they are away on holiday or such then patience is needed, but this patience is rewarded with personal service.
Stu, Well put, and I totally agree, however I was looking at the X11 as an alternative to the Durango and was put off by someone on here who has been waiting weeks for just his calls/emails being returned, it may be bullshit, and I hope it is, would be good if they just popped a note or something on here to clarify if they have a backlog etc which we all get from time to time.
I am however, going to purchase the 'R' edition in the summer for some bashing as I think they look awesome and really wanna build one!
Tom3012
06-01-2010, 10:31 PM
I am however, going to purchase the 'R' edition in the summer for some bashing as I think they look awesome and really wanna build one!
Please tell me you dont mean a pred for bashing? Its perfectly strong enough but seems a bit of a waste :cry:
b4pete
06-01-2010, 11:15 PM
Just the plastic 'R' 1, got a durango for racing, im crap anyway so it doesnt matter lol
gabriel
06-01-2010, 11:28 PM
Lowie do you remember what i said a couple of months before?Is anoying now for you?
Well think what was for me.8 months.
nismo
07-01-2010, 12:45 AM
It's worth remembering that Xtreme is a very small family business, that's why if you have a car you are in pretty exclusive club.
It's not like ordering AE parts from a major retailer who has staff available 24/7.
If they are away on holiday or such then patience is needed, but this patience is rewarded with personal service.
hi Stu, understand that Xtreme is a very small family business, but slow respond to emails, updates and enquires is not a good thing...
i ordered a XR11 on the 14th Dec, Yanina replied on the 15th, saying they will try to send out the within the week...
Forward to 21st Dec, no update from Xtreme, i send another mail and Yanina replied that weather in UK is bad, Delivery companies are not accepting any parcels as they are unable to travel to the depot's.
ok, i understand, i cant get it before Xmas...
Forward again to 28th Dec, also no update from Xtreme, i send another mail and no reply.
4th Jan, i send a mail to Xtreme, and Yanina replied "Your order will be sent out hopefully tomorrow, I will contact our DHL agent regarding the weather conditions as they are still severe in many places. I will be sending it out by Express at no extra charge to compensate for the delay. I will update you tomorrow.
but till today, no reply has come back from Xtreme... and Yanina still can post in the other thread about her newborn puppies...
tell me, what type of personal service is this?
looking through at what others have posted, i think i really just have to have the patience of a saint...
:(
nismo
12-01-2010, 11:14 PM
hi guys, how is the general weather conditions in the UK right now? Im still waiting for my pred to be sent out...
franki
13-01-2010, 07:52 AM
snowing!!
nismo
17-01-2010, 12:00 AM
Mrs.TeamXtreme, where are you? any update of my order?
btw, who are the others guys who have bought e XR11? after me, there was 6 in stock, now only 3 in stock, have you guys got your XR11?
Lowie
17-01-2010, 12:12 AM
what's the difference between an X11 and an XR11?
nismo
17-01-2010, 03:33 AM
what's the difference between an X11 and an XR11?
thats what stated in the post...
http://www.teamxtreme.co.uk/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=3
oh...my bad....its KX11
Bungleaio
17-01-2010, 11:10 AM
You ordered in the middle of december and you've still not got anything?
Yes I know we've had christmas and bad weather but this is appalling service if they aren't replying to you or coming back to you when they say they are.
I know xtreme is a small company but this does not mean that customer service is unimportant. If anything it makes it more important so that there is a trust built up in the brand. If everyone starts thinking that parts are hard to get hold of and there is a chance that you may have to miss a meeting due to spares not being delivered then people will go else where.
Nismo, has xtreme taken payment for your order yet?
b4pete
17-01-2010, 01:37 PM
As I say, I wanted one of these, but for this exact reason, went Durango.
Im sorry if this sounds harsh, but if Mrs Team Xtreme from off here is the owner, she shouldnt be posting pics of her dogs, whilst not responding to people, do they have an email issue?
nismo
17-01-2010, 03:39 PM
It's worth remembering that Xtreme is a very small family business, that's why if you have a car you are in pretty exclusive club.
It's not like ordering AE parts from a major retailer who has staff available 24/7.
If they are away on holiday or such then patience is needed, but this patience is rewarded with personal service.
You ordered in the middle of december and you've still not got anything?
Yes I know we've had christmas and bad weather but this is appalling service if they aren't replying to you or coming back to you when they say they are.
I know xtreme is a small company but this does not mean that customer service is unimportant. If anything it makes it more important so that there is a trust built up in the brand. If everyone starts thinking that parts are hard to get hold of and there is a chance that you may have to miss a meeting due to spares not being delivered then people will go else where.
Nismo, has xtreme taken payment for your order yet?
i have already made payment thur PP to Xtreme... n i am giving them a lot of patience...
the last email from Xtreme read like this...
>On Wed, 13 Jan 2010 23:02 CST Yanina wrote:
>Hi Desmond,
>
>Slowly improving, though we have had some more snow today. I am hoping it is not as bad as the last couple of weeks. I am pleased to say that your kit will be shipped today as the delivery companies have got back to normal and have dealt with their back log of deliveries.
>
>Best Regards
>
>Yanina
>Team Xtreme
but till now, i have not received any reply from them even though i have emailed them twice abt the order,whether it was shipped or delayed. thats y i posted here,asking TeamXtreme about me order.
So what personal service is this?
As I say, I wanted one of these, but for this exact reason, went Durango.
Im sorry if this sounds harsh, but if Mrs Team Xtreme from off here is the owner, she shouldnt be posting pics of her dogs, whilst not responding to people, do they have an email issue?
ya...mebbe i shd have gotten the Durango
franki
17-01-2010, 03:42 PM
as most if you know I run racehorses and I had some jackets made orderd them the 2nd of dec as Xmas gifts and still know sign!!! so it's not just Xtreme !! why not call them
nismo
17-01-2010, 05:01 PM
It ain't cheap to call from SG to UK plus the time different doesnt make it easy to call....
right now, it Monday morning, 0050hrs in SG, while its Sun afternoon 1650hrs in London....
so if i have to call them, i have try around 1700hrs SG time so that its around 0900hrs London...that provided they are in the office...and as one fellow bro said, they dont alway answer the call.
franki
17-01-2010, 05:22 PM
ok mate but I have never had an issue calling them! when they dint ansewer did you leave a message??? as they WILL call u back
Tom3012
17-01-2010, 05:34 PM
I dont mind passing on a message for you, i speak with xtreme quite often.
The thing is if the car has been sent out then its beyond their control, if i order stuff from hong kong for example it usually takes 2-3 weeks to arrive...
You,ll love the car when it arrives and i do understand your frustration but keep faith
franki
17-01-2010, 05:53 PM
yep me too happy to pass any message on???
nismo
18-01-2010, 12:42 AM
I dont mind passing on a message for you, i speak with xtreme quite often.
The thing is if the car has been sent out then its beyond their control, ....You,ll love the car when it arrives and i do understand your frustration but keep faith
i juz need to knw if Yanina has send out the order as she said she would.
Lowie
18-01-2010, 12:49 AM
offcourse dude!:eh?:
If Yanina said so, there is no hair on my head that doubts her words (and I'm NOT bald ;) ;) )
nismo
18-01-2010, 04:32 AM
then how about a reply? Its isnt that hard rite? For now, i'm keeping mi finger cross that the order will arrive this week
nismo
20-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Updates... its on the way....
nismo
21-01-2010, 05:05 AM
got the item this morning...finally...
Tom3012
21-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Glad you got the car! Whats your first impressions of the car?
Lowie
21-01-2010, 01:07 PM
it's always too long when you are waiting for something :)
and too quick when you don't want it to happen. :bored:
nismo
21-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Glad you got the car! Whats your first impressions of the car?
I dont know yet,i still @ work nw.
nismo
21-01-2010, 11:24 PM
okie,here is what i think of the kit...
Nice package, parts all clearly packed, instruction manual not detail enough, poorly pack and send,my box came with alot of damaged, front,side & back all were cracked.
i will post pics of my build as i go on and the cover will be send for custom airbrushed.
Tom3012
22-01-2010, 12:17 AM
Whats up with the manual? Take your time and you should be ok?
Did the kit not come in a cardboard box and then the plastic carry case?
nismo
22-01-2010, 12:36 AM
Whats up with the manual? Take your time and you should be ok?
Did the kit not come in a cardboard box and then the plastic carry case?
will take some pic of the manual and show what i meant.
nope, juz brown paper wrapped around the plastic carry case.
Bungleaio
22-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Glad to hear it turned up.
When I got mine it was just wrapped with brown paper but it did arrive in one piece. I shouldn't worry too much the box is an awkard size and I never used it once I'd take the bits out. The manual is ok and easy to follow, you'll undertand when you start the assembley, if you get stuck anywhere just ask.
franki
22-01-2010, 10:17 AM
I remember when I got my first ever pred back in the day!!! I thought how the he'll am I going to build this!!!!! but I was fine it looks hard because it's so diffrent from anything else!!! the x11 manual is fine trust me!!!! take your time and have fun!!! it's a work of art!!!!
nismo
22-01-2010, 04:09 PM
Glad to hear it turned up.
When I got mine it was just wrapped with brown paper but it did arrive in one piece. I shouldn't worry too much the box is an awkard size and I never used it once I'd take the bits out. The manual is ok and easy to follow, you'll undertand when you start the assembley, if you get stuck anywhere just ask.
I remember when I got my first ever pred back in the day!!! I thought how the he'll am I going to build this!!!!! but I was fine it looks hard because it's so diffrent from anything else!!! the x11 manual is fine trust me!!!! take your time and have fun!!! it's a work of art!!!!
u guys were lucky, guessed the DHL guy might have had a bad day @ work..
here's are pics of the cracks...
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/ni_smo/22012010312.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/ni_smo/22012010314.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/ni_smo/22012010316.jpg
Its time for "Can you spot the different" contest...
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/ni_smo/X11-1.jpghttp://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/ni_smo/22012010317.jpg
Tom3012
22-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Slight differences with the scresw but all seems ok to me?
The box is a shame though
Unless my eyes deceive me, the chassis is completely missing in some of the pictures!
Slight differences with the scresw but all seems ok to me?
nismo
23-01-2010, 03:29 AM
Slight differences with the scresw but all seems ok to me?
The box is a shame though
Unless my eyes deceive me, the chassis is completely missing in some of the pictures!
Congrats to Dunc, u got the right answer...
this was the reason why i said the manual wasn't detailed enough... wonder how many guys also got it small problem
Tom3012
23-01-2010, 08:25 PM
But there doesnt need to be a picture of the chassis there.. its impossible to get that bit wrong imo :confused:
spenner
23-01-2010, 08:31 PM
I would say they are a new batch of manuals..... Not a major problem but can see how you was confused!!!
Let Lewis and Yanina know so they can rectify the situation... As for the box, well not much anyone can do about the carefull post service!!
coolcars782
23-01-2010, 08:33 PM
But there doesnt need to be a picture of the chassis there.. its impossible to get that bit wrong imo :confused:
No offence to Nismo, but you might know how to do but some complete noob who has just started with there first manuel and what do you think they will expect from this.
Tom3012
23-01-2010, 08:37 PM
No offence to Nismo, but you might know how to do but some complete noob who has just started with there first manuel and what do you think they will expect from this.
Very true, but the chassis has milled out positions for the aluminium blocks and the manual says (screw from underneath chassis)...
And no offence was meant to nismo by the way :wub
nismo
24-01-2010, 04:53 AM
its ok by me, i already got a downloaded version of the old manual, so i can alway refer back to that. Its for those noob who doing for the first time, its confusing. Will let lewis and yanina knows about it
nismo
03-03-2010, 04:05 PM
after 2mths...finally managed to built and got the cover painted for mine X11, only left the electronics to add in and decals
hope you guys likes it...
thanks...
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/ni_smo/01022010409.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/ni_smo/01022010412.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/ni_smo/27022010459.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/ni_smo/27022010457.jpg
sorry for the poor photos, taken with the handphone...
Alfonzo
03-03-2010, 05:40 PM
Looking good! :wub
Nice paint job.
slow coach
05-03-2010, 11:29 AM
just a quick question is the XRS still available? and what are the differences between the RS and X11, also what are the spares availability like and other than team extreme where can you get them, last question will there be a lipo specific kit hitting the stores any time soon, tbh not interested in non lipo kits its not the future.
Cheers
Bungleaio
05-03-2010, 11:45 AM
The car looks great mate, awesome paint job.
The XRS is the latest car from xtreme, there are some photos of it on the Petit report on here, i'm not sure on the exact differences but I know it doesn't have the big bore shocks. I should imagine its got a different cross brace on the front and fibreglass shock towers rather than the carbon on the X11.
Spares are only available from xtreme directly and I would allow at least a week for delivery.
nismo
06-03-2010, 01:04 AM
Looking good! :wub
Nice paint job.
The car looks great mate, awesome paint job.
The XRS is the late......available from xtreme directly and I would allow at least a week for delivery.
thanks guys.... i love the paint job too..... goes well with my other 2 shells...
nismo
06-03-2010, 01:10 AM
here's are all e 3 shells...
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p79/ni_smo/27022010452.jpg
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.