PDA

View Full Version : stripping the rear's diff spur and pinion


NitroArgi
01-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Hello guys.

I have a question for all B44 racers/users.

My B44 is powered by Team Orion's 70A speedo , Team Orion's BL 5.5 motor , and Nosram 4800 40C LiPo saddle packs batts.
Pinion 17 or 19 and stock spur.


At the last races i have the following problem

the car keeps stripping the rear's diff spur and pinion ( i mean the rear diff gears) i tried several shimming set ups. but i can't find one that stops that problem.

Do you have anything else to suggest?? or can you tell me where should i put shims and how many??

thanks in advance
Argi

sparrow.2
01-11-2009, 10:33 PM
Are you just shimming the crown wheel or the pinion as well. You need to shim both to get it just right. With new gears in it should feel a little tight at first. If you build it to feel free it will strip.

The shims go onto the diff output before you put the bearing on.

oracleone
02-11-2009, 02:00 AM
Your slipper may be too tight. I thought they were smoking crack when the manual says to run it at 10.3mm, I generally run my slipper at 8.55mm... which seem good for most blue/black groove tracks. I played with the shims a little but after the gear was worn in I went back to the manual setup. Aside from what anybody else is going to tell you, I would loosen the slipper alot and slowly tighten it until the car seems hooked up. Best of luck.