PDA

View Full Version : ZX-5


petemid8
08-11-2009, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know...

If the original ZX-5 kit version is somehow different to the one later sold as the SP? I have one and it has the alloy shocks, steel outdrives etc. And what was the time difference between the 2 versions?

Thanks:thumbsup:

mattb
08-11-2009, 07:08 PM
theyve got different wishbones,hubs,driveshafts ie cvd on rear,triple seal shocks,1 piece motor mount,front wheels have a different off set they are realy a totaly different car to drive mate.I think the standard lazer was out in about 2005 and i think the sp came out in november 2008 but im not 100% on that

dibble34
08-11-2009, 08:08 PM
Does anyone know...

If the original ZX-5 kit version is somehow different to the one later sold as the SP? I have one and it has the alloy shocks, steel outdrives etc. And what was the time difference between the 2 versions?

Thanks:thumbsup:

I think all that was standard on the original kit version ZX5. The SP also has a different shell, a litte more bulky. I am sure someone else will be able to give you a long list of differences :)

littlened
08-11-2009, 08:19 PM
I started a thread last week and it lists the parts that are different, although i was talking about the RTR version.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33529

Col
08-11-2009, 09:52 PM
I upgraded my zx5 into a SP. The chassis, shock towers and tower mounts, gearbox and drivetrain are the same. The entire steering geometry is different and parts are not interchangable.