View Full Version : cr2 convertion
lodders127
08-11-2009, 09:58 PM
i have had diff problems so walst the diff has been off i have decided to do a cr2convertion from the tandard chassis
i have cut the rails off and atached the rear end on but it seems all a bit flimsy on the back, is it usualy like that or do i have to put some kind of strut going from the front tower to the back ?
peetbee
08-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Yes, cutting those rails removes all the strength from that section of chassis.
When I tried that I ended up making an alloy plate for the chassis and this was bolted down via the battery clamps.
I then created an X6 style transmission to battery bar brace to try and restore the strength.
lodders127
09-11-2009, 05:09 PM
do you thnk you could send me a pic or something to my pms
Ferret
09-11-2009, 07:02 PM
Check the "I made this" section of the forum:
http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25
It has a bunch of threads with photos on converted mid engined Losi (and others) buggies.
Avner.
peetbee
09-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Post 51 on this topic was my car, but there are several others on there too.
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24150&page=3
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.