View Full Version : xx4 front diff rings
pugboy
14-11-2009, 06:27 PM
Does anyone know if those little black o rings on the front diff are really needed? I had them in before but I really struggle to reassemble things without them slipping on the bearings.
Cheers
Chris
super__dan
15-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Black O rings? Where?
Oscar
15-11-2009, 11:57 AM
A3218 Dan, they sit on the big outdrive bearing.
I have never bothered with them personally, and not had any issues.
bigred5765
15-11-2009, 12:04 PM
dont no of anyone that uses/eused them ever,
pugboy
15-11-2009, 04:15 PM
A3218 Dan, they sit on the big outdrive bearing.
I have never bothered with them personally, and not had any issues.
Cheers for that, seems a strange design really when the norm is just to have the bearings in the bulkhead/cover recesses. They are a right pain to fit so i'll just do without if there's no problems.
Darren Boyle
16-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Losi only used them in the original XX4's (the idea was to "fully" seal the tranmssion from dirt we were told) However, realizing they were naff they were ommitted from the Worlds kit and re-releases onwards.....
pugboy
16-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Losi only used them in the original XX4's (the idea was to "fully" seal the tranmssion from dirt we were told) However, realizing they were naff they were ommitted from the Worlds kit and re-releases onwards.....
That makes sense, I see, I had originally bought 2 used cars and rebuilt them into 1, using these rings initially, one of which was peobably based on an original, or that the rings were retro fitted. I agree they are naff. Cheers Darren.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.