View Full Version : TRAKPOWER LIPO 20C 3200 SADDLE PACK in B44?
Jnunu1
20-11-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi
Does anyone run these in a B44?
I have seen threads re the 4800 being too tall at 30mm - these are 22mm.
They also could be a bit big for a AE or Stainless Steels Lipo trays - 71mm v. 68.9mm long?
If anyone can say that they fit the various trays out there - or indeed if you have "modified" the tray via filing etc to get the extra 1.1mm - then that would stop me dithering about what to do!!!!:confused:
Cheers
Jnu
Big G
20-11-2009, 01:04 PM
My Reedy 4200's fit in my B44 perfect and I think they're 23mm tall. if you cross reference the size of the reedy's against yours I'm pretty sure they'll fit no problem. The trackpowers are listed as 2mm shorter in height so you may need a bit of rubber or foam under the battery straps just to hold them still so they don't rattle about.
BRCA list says your trackpowers are 47mm wide and my reedy's are within 1mm the same. length they are within 1mm of eachother. I can't see fitting them a problem at all
Source:
http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/news/2009%20BRCA%202S%20LiPo%20List%20V12%20pdf.pdf
Jnunu1
22-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Cheers big G - i think that the 1mm difference in the width and length should be tolerable.
Jnu
tymill
22-11-2009, 02:41 PM
The trackpowers are listed as 2mm shorter in height so you may need a bit of rubber or foam under the battery straps just to hold them still so they don't rattle about.
If the batts are too thin, you could even just run the straps "right side up" - i.e. with the nimh cell dividers pointing down.
Just an idea...
Ty
Jnunu1
23-11-2009, 01:43 PM
My Reedy 4200's fit in my B44 perfect and I think they're 23mm tall. if you cross reference the size of the reedy's against yours I'm pretty sure they'll fit no problem. The trackpowers are listed as 2mm shorter in height so you may need a bit of rubber or foam under the battery straps just to hold them still so they don't rattle about.
BRCA list says your trackpowers are 47mm wide and my reedy's are within 1mm the same. length they are within 1mm of eachother. I can't see fitting them a problem at all
Source:
http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/news/2009%20BRCA%202S%20LiPo%20List%20V12%20pdf.pdf
Sorry Big G but can I clarify - do you use a lipo tray at all, or do you just rest the batts on the chassis and keep them in place with the batt straps?
Cheers
Jnu
Timee80
23-11-2009, 02:07 PM
no need for trays mate. Stick about 80g of weights under rear prop shaft and butt the lipo's up to them. Face the lipos with the terminals on the inside and secure with the straps upside down. Fits perfect and with the leads attached the lipo cant move anywhere
Jnunu1
23-11-2009, 07:53 PM
no need for trays mate. Stick about 80g of weights under rear prop shaft and butt the lipo's up to them. Face the lipos with the terminals on the inside and secure with the straps upside down. Fits perfect and with the leads attached the lipo cant move anywhere
Cheers Timee80 - what do teh weights look like - any pics of your set up?
jnu
Timee80
23-11-2009, 10:30 PM
just use the 10g weights you buy in strips and lay them in a line under the shaft. i think ive got 2 rows of 3x10's and a couple on top of them (i might even have some lead on top of that come to think about it). Ill post some pics tomorrow if i get time mate.
Big G
23-11-2009, 11:26 PM
oh sorry. I use the AE carbon tray yes. I wouldn't run lipo's without a tray personally. the tray gives you another 1-2mm of height since it raises the posts up.
traffman
24-11-2009, 11:08 PM
I also run the Reedy 4200 lipos packs in my B44 , along with a carbon AE tray and stainless steel batt straps .
Perfect fit , let me know if you want any pictures taken of mine.
Jnunu1
25-11-2009, 07:47 PM
Cheers Traffman, but I'm trying to suss if the trakpower 3200's will fit in the AE carbon tray. The Reedy's will fit as they are an "AE product" and the tray is made to fit them.
I reckon I will be ok to see if the trakpowers will squeezeinto the tray - only a mm or so difference between them and the reedys.
Thanks for the offer of help though!
jnu
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.