PDA

View Full Version : Petite Rc race In January


Neil Skull
30-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Just a heads up.

We are looking to get some team drivers to race at this event.
So far Simon Willets has promised to attend and also Shin Adachi from Japan.
Shin is the Designer of all the electric 1/10th cars from Kyosho and also a top world class racer. so for any Kyosho fans it could be worth a trip just to meet Shin as he has never come to Uk to race before as far as i know.

Has any other Kyosho fans booked in? I saw Fabs name i think.

RogerM
30-11-2009, 04:58 PM
I'd love to go, looks like it could be great fun but from a practical point of view its just not viable as it would cost more for this one event than my whole winter racing! :'(

Good luck to the Kyosho guys at this event, please somebody take some video footage of the K' cars running.

SimonW
30-11-2009, 07:05 PM
I'm in 2wd and 4wd, but not truck, both days

Col
30-11-2009, 10:38 PM
If Neil and/or Kyosho want to pay, me and my SP will make the trip down...:thumbsup:

njc11
30-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Ive registered, just waiting to hear if theres a place for both days before i pay!! :thumbsup:

More than likely i'll be pitting with Fabs..

Ive paid! so hopefully im in :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
30-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Ive registered, just waiting to hear if theres a place for both days before i pay!! :thumbsup:

I paid for myself and a mate yesterday and we're both in.

Not running Kyosho I'm afraid...

Neil Skull
01-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the replies,

Make sure to come and say hello to myself and Shin and the Team.

I spoke with Nicolas Petite and he mentioned that its nearly fully booked so preference will go to those who pay early!!!!!!

This is my first EP buggy race i have attended for years, so i am very much looking forward to how things have changed since i last raced with my Optima mid Turbo and my Cougar many many years ago.

njc11
01-12-2009, 10:56 AM
Neil,

Have you got any set ups yet from Si yet?? Also with Shin coming and knowing what to expect surface wise... has he got a starting set up for his FS?

Im more or less there with mine now :thumbsup: running lipo and 180g has made the car feel good to me... my set up is on petit..

bigred5765
01-12-2009, 11:12 AM
I'd love to go, looks like it could be great fun but from a practical point of view its just not viable as it would cost more for this one event than my whole winter racing! :'(

Good luck to the Kyosho guys at this event, please somebody take some video footage of the K' cars running.


where's your commitment roger :woot:,Fancy missing the chance to meet your car designer,:thumbdown:

RogerM
01-12-2009, 12:50 PM
where's your commitment roger :woot:,Fancy missing the chance to meet your car designer,:thumbdown:

Whilst this is true and very disappointing for me as you can imagine I have to be practical ... wasn't that many months ago that I risked loosing my house in the credit crunch remember, that sort of thing focuses you mind!!!!

Might actually see if I can tie a visit in with a trip to see friends in that part of the world to shake the mans hand but sadly will not be able to race as much as I'd like to :'(

mikeyscott
01-12-2009, 01:11 PM
Whilst this is true and very disappointing for me as you can imagine I have to be practical ... wasn't that many months ago that I risked loosing my house in the credit crunch remember, that sort of thing focuses you mind!!!!

Might actually see if I can tie a visit in with a trip to see friends in that part of the world to shake the mans hand but sadly will not be able to race as much as I'd like to :'(

Kyosho boys help the man out ;)

5 euros each and the mans fee is paid for

Neil Skull
01-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Neil,

Have you got any set ups yet from Si yet?? Also with Shin coming and knowing what to expect surface wise... has he got a starting set up for his FS?

Im more or less there with mine now :thumbsup: running lipo and 180g has made the car feel good to me... my set up is on petit..

I very much doubt if Shin has ever run indoors on carpet before :)

I have to get Simon to write his set ups down as he keeps them in his head!!

Neil Skull
01-12-2009, 01:31 PM
Whilst this is true and very disappointing for me as you can imagine I have to be practical ... wasn't that many months ago that I risked loosing my house in the credit crunch remember, that sort of thing focuses you mind!!!!

Might actually see if I can tie a visit in with a trip to see friends in that part of the world to shake the mans hand but sadly will not be able to race as much as I'd like to :'(

Roger,

If you can make it down that would be fantastic.
I was planning to go to Worksop on the 20th to get to you guys north of the watford gap ;-) but my daughter insisted i go watch her Nativity play.

As far as credit crunch goes it has affected a lot of people me included.
I havent raced or flown for months now. I do miss it but i have to prioritise at moment like most people. I would love to get an FS and have a play maybe :( next year

njc11
01-12-2009, 08:31 PM
I very much doubt if Shin has ever run indoors on carpet before :)

I have to get Simon to write his set ups down as he keeps them in his head!!

I should have explained myself better!! Im looking for a high grip set up! lol!! :thumbsup: I have an idea on my starting set up, i just wanted to compare notes.. if you know what i mean! :woot:

Welshy40
01-12-2009, 09:39 PM
Just a heads up.

We are looking to get some team drivers to race at this event.
So far Simon Willets has promised to attend and also Shin Adachi from Japan.
Shin is the Designer of all the electric 1/10th cars from Kyosho and also a top world class racer. so for any Kyosho fans it could be worth a trip just to meet Shin as he has never come to Uk to race before as far as i know.

Has any other Kyosho fans booked in? I saw Fabs name i think.

Neil,

Hope you guys come down, im using my old Lazer ZX-S still so look out for a green shell with a red dragon and youve found me.

James

RogerM
03-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Ok, bank manager is going to want a word with me after this but both event entry (both 2wd & 4wd) and hotel are booked up.

All I need now is a carpet event prior to this to tune the set-ups ... FS has never been on carpet and the RB5 hasn't since last Jan!
Anybody know of any not a million miles away???

njc11
03-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Ok, bank manager is going to want a word with me after this but both event entry (both 2wd & 4wd) and hotel are booked up.

All I need now is a carpet event prior to this to tune the set-ups ... FS has never been on carpet and the RB5 hasn't since last Jan!
Anybody know of any not a million miles away???

Good man for booking in! :thumbsup: which hotel you booked? Did you see my post on the Ramada? If you choose winter deals you can get the rooms for £39 a night! :thumbsup:

I decided to enter especially as shin is supposed to be going, and all the good reports ive heard about this meet.. We'll be able to find out all the set up tips and pointers from the designer himself :)

Incidently, ive noticed that both Shin and Si willets are still on the "waiting to pay list" Neil, any gen?

Im at Broxtowe this sunday which is high grip carpet, raced here a few times.. still working on a good set up for both cars.. not far off so will keep you posted pal :thumbsup:

Arn0
03-12-2009, 11:00 PM
Roger, Nick - Have a look in the petit setups' page, there is something from last year. That 'll be probably a raw starting points for both cars.

RogerM
04-12-2009, 01:54 AM
Nick I am in the Ramada too :D

Arno ... was the FS even available last winter? Think I built mine in Feb and it was one of the first conversion kits officially in the UK IIRC.

Will look at the site to check over the RB5 set-ups and work from there

Arn0
04-12-2009, 02:01 AM
Yes Roger, the FS was available at this time of the year, Fabs was running the car.
CU there!

Neil Skull
04-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Well.

It seems i have to make an appointment with the bank manager too.:cry:

Myself and Mike Cradock (uk team manager) just decided to book in and race too:thumbsup:

As far as setups go we have not got a clue. Has anyone raced before at the petite and know what are the good tire choices?

Also i was looking for what shop will be there.

Welshy40
04-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Well.

It seems i have to make an appointment with the bank manager too.:cry:

Myself and Mike Cradock (uk team manager) just decided to book in and race too:thumbsup:

As far as setups go we have not got a clue. Has anyone raced before at the petite and know what are the good tire choices?

Also i was looking for what shop will be there.

Neil,

Yellow schumacher mini pins are what most people use but some like myself use yellow schumacher mini spikes due to having far too much grip with the pins.

No idea on what shops will be there.

njc11
04-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Well.

It seems i have to make an appointment with the bank manager too.:cry:

Myself and Mike Cradock (uk team manager) just decided to book in and race too:thumbsup:

As far as setups go we have not got a clue. Has anyone raced before at the petite and know what are the good tire choices?

Also i was looking for what shop will be there.

The more K cars the better... :thumbsup: the more people seen to be driving them the better...:)

We must all pit together at the petit.. so we can compare notes..

Although ive not raced at the Maritime before, the carpet etc looks very similar to Broxtowe which is where im racing this weekend and where i have raced before.. In which case 2/3 run old mini pins might be a good starting point... im still working on a good high grip set up for this type of surface, so will keep all posted with a good strating set up for the petit :thumbsup:

Karl Marsden has done a few rounds at Broxtowe with an RB5.. so have a word with him, infact get him to set your cars up! :woot:

Cheers

Nick

njc11
04-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Neil,

Meant to ask.. where can i get one of those nice warm looking Red kyosho Hoodies?

Ive looked everywhere and cant seem to find any?

Cheers

Nick

niggs98
04-12-2009, 10:35 AM
my setup from last years petit. will be a good safe starting point. i know the car has had a few changes with the sp but the basics should still be the same



FRONT

oil 40-45 wt losi dependant on temprature
piston 2c
spring lime green 75
shock tower kit middle
wishbone outer hole
inner camberlink middle hole +1mm washer
outer camberlink inner hole
hub height low (washers above)
kickup 25 degree's
weight 20g on top of servo 20 on top of square bit of the battery strap
ride height wishbones below level


REAR

08 velvet body, 54mm shaft
oil 30 wt losi
piston 3b
spring mauve,blue (imt told 72 but not sure, spring that comes with the 08 rear end)
shock tower 08 middle
wishbone 08 middle
inner camberlink outer hole no washers
outer camberlink outer hole +2mm washers
08 hubs medium wheelbase (no height adjustment)
rideheight driveshafts level
wing in middle mount position

NOTES

shoulder cut off the front pivot balls for rear wishbones, 2 white washers placed behind wishbones to shorten wheelbase, tekin 3400 lipo in forward position
kit wing with half gurney (flies very neutral)

car very easy to drive with bundles of steering, fronts have outside and inside rows cut off and rear minipins run full with mr O medium foams,
8g over weight limit, if front end to light under power add an extra 20g on battery strap centre square and 30g on servo

this setup is for high bite carpet with large jumps only as the oils are to thick for normal use. .

any questions feel free to ask

Neil Skull
04-12-2009, 11:11 AM
Well i have booked in and paid up.
4wd only for me and Mike.

We thought as novices it could be easier. well thats my reasoning :)

I think pitting together is a great idea we need top share the knowledge :)

I found out Colin Bliss will be the shop on site.

njc11
04-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Well i have booked in and paid up.
4wd only for me and Mike.

We thought as novices it could be easier. well thats my reasoning :)

I think pitting together is a great idea we need top share the knowledge :)

I found out Colin Bliss will be the shop on site.

Cool..

Im hopeing to get to Maritime early friday afternoon.. so if im there first i'll grab a spot :) well 8 spots i reckon? If someone is there before me.. put your towels down.. lol! :woot:

Any idea on the Red hoodies?

RogerM
04-12-2009, 11:48 AM
Yes Roger, the FS was available at this time of the year, Fabs was running the car.
CU there!

LOL ... not like me game with K' car update ... lol

Your going to be there too Arno, be nice to meet you in person

RogerM
04-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Well i have booked in and paid up.
4wd only for me and Mike.

We thought as novices it could be easier. well thats my reasoning :)

I think pitting together is a great idea we need top share the knowledge :)

I found out Colin Bliss will be the shop on site.

Neil, be good to meet you and see Mike again.

I have to try and find a carpet meeting to run the FS at before the Petit event as I've never had the car on carpet :(.

I have an idea of how to start and to be honest now I've found the key with which to balance the FS I am not expecting the starting set-up to be too disimilar to that I run on high grip astro (which I will post up over this weekend). This seems to be the basic med-high grip set-up for me and I'm only changing minor things .... low grip, well I'll tell you after this weekend @ PDA :D

I had a great set-up for carpet with the ZX5-SP though and the key was in the rear springs, Kyosho don't do anything heavy enough so I went to Losi orange springs and that really helped, Kyosho lime green #75s on thefront. Oils up 5wt all round. Shocks relocated to outer holes on both front and rear wishbones and outer on the shock towers to keep the shock inclination something close to normal.
At club (very small and technical track so not directly comparable) no other 4wd buggy could get close and that was with me driving so god knows how quick it would have been with a good driver :)

Ran the car with 1.4mm rear ARB and 1.2mm front ARB, links similar to normal as was wheelbase and anti-squat / kick up. Castor reduced to 7deg (normally ran 10deg)

RogerM
04-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Cool..

Im hopeing to get to Maritime early friday afternoon.. so if im there first i'll grab a spot :) well 8 spots i reckon? If someone is there before me.. put your towels down.. lol! :woot:

Any idea on the Red hoodies?

Neil, I'll PM you my mobile number so we can get in contact during the day. I hope to be there mid Friday afternoon (leaving at midday and it's about a 3 hour drive for me) although I'll probably call in at MicroTech Racing on the way to stock up on parts and tires so might be nearer 4pm.

I'm trying to get one of my friends to come along too who also runs K' cars (my first convert, hopefully one of many) so might need a place for him too, will let you know.

Fabs
04-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Amazing what having Shin attend the race does!

Make it 11 spaces JY is coming apparently :woot:

Neil Skull
04-12-2009, 12:28 PM
All i can say is OMG!!!!!!!

Neil Skull
04-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Just spoke to Jean on phone,

He wants to race and maybe Stephane Deroche too.

that would be awsome :)

Nicolas Petit
04-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Just spoke to Jean on phone,

He wants to race and maybe Stephane Deroche too.

that would be awsome :)


sure :thumbsup: I know them very well - Stephane already raced the 1rd and 2nd edition

Lowie
04-12-2009, 01:57 PM
I'll be there too, running 4WD with my Predator, and 2WD with my Kyosho RB5

RogerM
04-12-2009, 02:11 PM
I'll be there too, running 4WD with my Predator, and 2WD with my Kyosho RB5

You can pit with us on the saturday but it will be the other end of the hall with you for the 4wd event ;)

Only joking ..... pop over and say hi, nice to meet you in person

Neil Skull
04-12-2009, 02:32 PM
sure :thumbsup: I know them very well - Stephane already raced the 1rd and 2nd edition

Yes we know Stephane very well a really good racer.

thanks again for your help Nicolas.
I look forward to meeting you and all the Kyosho drivers i have never met in person.

Neil Skull
04-12-2009, 02:40 PM
You can pit with us on the saturday but it will be the other end of the hall with you for the 4wd event ;)

Only joking ..... pop over and say hi, nice to meet you in person


Ha Ha.

dont worry we are not like that Lowie,
we have lots of friends who dont run kyosho, but you know that at some point in their racing nearly everyone has!!!!

RogerM
04-12-2009, 02:49 PM
Lowie ... do you run the RB5 on carpet over there?

P.S. (secretly Im still a huge fan of the Pred design after running one for 9 years;) )

Lowie
04-12-2009, 04:03 PM
I only bought the RB5 this year, (second hand from Niggs) and drove it at a local track on grass.

I haven't raced it on carpet yet, so I can't help you there.

I still have some hope, Fabs might turn out with his mid-conversion-kit because I would really want to try that out, .. if possible at Petit.

niggs98
04-12-2009, 04:10 PM
i have a feeling that there will be 2 rb5 mids running there ;)

RogerM
04-12-2009, 09:02 PM
Maybe 3 ;) (although one might not be one of FABs)

That said to be fair on high grip carpet I'm not sure the mid motored car will have any advantage over the rear motored one, in fact might be easier to get the rear motored standard car to pivot

pererik
06-12-2009, 10:46 PM
I really want to attend the race.. but visiting the BRCA series and the GP in Vienna got a higher priority this time round.

In sweden we use Schumacher's mini-pin yellow and mini-spike yellow, worn or cut down to slicks with addative and reasonably high-grip carpets. Thought I'd share my default indoor setup with you guys:

Front:
AE 35WT 3B, positioned middle on tower and outer in a-arm
Light yellow spring
Turnbuckle in the inner position (c-hub and bulkhead), 1mm spacer on bulkhead
25 degrees kickup with the thin spacer
GHEA brass bulkhead (35 grams)
Axle spacer outer
No bumpsteer-spacer
Short wheelbase
Proline M3 4-rib

Rear:
AE 30WT 3B, positioned middle on tower and inner in a-arm
Light yellow spring
Turnbuckle positioned middle in the inner mount and the outer hole on the hub, 2mm spacer in both ends.
SP standard spacers under a-arm mounts
Hub in middle position
Narrow blast wing, 7 degrees angle
Schumacher Mini-spike

30 grams positioned in the middle of the chassis (20 by the receiver and 10 by the ESC)
Total car weight 1498 grams

The car is really smooth, just ease up on the oil if you want more response. Set camber dependant on grip levels, I used 2 degrees all round at the last meeting.

Fabs
07-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Hi Per Erik

Additive isn't allowed in the UK, we usually run new tyres, or only part worn ones.

Roger, I totally disagree, I ran the Mid indoors in september and it was really really quick.

Lowie, sorry there definately will not be any kits for the Petit. Let's say that the i'm a little stuck due to something else at the moment, but there WILL be a kit for sure before the outdoors season.

RogerM
07-12-2009, 11:47 AM
Cool Fabs, must mean you have your conversion more or less spot on the money :D
From what Niggs has told me it is a bit special ;)

When ever I've seen mid motor cars running on carpet they haven't had an advantage over the rear motor cars.

blitzboy
07-12-2009, 11:55 AM
woop woop all booked in guys Team Custom Blitz is coming to petit see ya there guys :thumbsup:

mikeyscott
07-12-2009, 11:57 AM
woop woop all booked in guys Team Custom Blitz is coming to petit see ya there guys :thumbsup:

Wicked looking forward to meeting everyone.. Will I be allowed in the Kyosho area ;)

Cat SX and RC10 B4 :p

Fabs
07-12-2009, 12:20 PM
Cool Fabs, must mean you have your conversion more or less spot on the money :D
From what Niggs has told me it is a bit special ;)

When ever I've seen mid motor cars running on carpet they haven't had an advantage over the rear motor cars.

Kind of have yeah.

Well I beg to differ but i've hardly ever raced on carpet. However I feel much more at home with my mid than I've ever felt with the standard RB5, or the B4.

njc11
07-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Kind of have yeah.

Well I beg to differ but i've hardly ever raced on carpet. However I feel much more at home with my mid than I've ever felt with the standard RB5, or the B4.

As long as you sort your nuts out for this event!! :woot: Lol!

Fabs
07-12-2009, 12:31 PM
:cry:

RogerM
07-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Looking forward to seeing it go Fabs, only heard good things but still yet to see it run!

Fabs
07-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Until the wheel nuts fall off...

kyoshozx5 kid
08-12-2009, 06:38 AM
you must check ya nuts more and keep tweeking them fabs :lol::woot::thumbsup:

RogerM
08-12-2009, 01:08 PM
I've had lots of wheel nut failures on the K' cars for some reason!! Now I replace them every few meetings and even then I have put some thread lock on the stub axles and let it cure.

I think this is true of every car running M4 wheel nuts and explains why the american cars use such a course pitch on the wheel nut threads. Certainly nothing wrong with Kyoshos tolerencing, checked the axles thread detail after my 2nd failure and they are if anything a little large on core diameter.

Have a look on Ebay for M4 flanged nuts, can be had fairly cheaply.

Neil Skull
08-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Loose wheel nuts :(

until Petite i have not run an buggy but i have been running the touring cars with same M4 nuts.
I never had a Kyosho nut come loose ever until we started using new Nylon Sweep wheels. Every body at my club had wheels flying off during racing. My wheels did undo but never flew off. We just changed to locking nuts and the problem was cured, or you could do as roger mentioned use some threadlock.

Welshy40
08-12-2009, 02:40 PM
Ive never had a wheel nut come off, yes ive snapped the uj but never had a nut come loose. The nylon nuts are what i use as the others arent as good. If your still loosing them then there is a vibration coming from somewhere, possibly a bent uj, worn diff outdrives or worn out bearings.

The other alternative that i did do on my trf501x as per taking note of issues people were having was to drill a pinion gear allen screw hole into the m4 nut side and file a flat spot on the uj and lock the grub screw through the nut into the uj groove and it will not come off. Worked perfectly.

njc11
08-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Fabs was using the Core RC wheel nuts.. the lightweight ones, not nylocs..

They have a surrated flat so when tightened against the wheel they shouldnt come loose.. i ran them on the pred with no issues..

Im just using kit M4 nylocs on my K cars and had no problems as yet.

Nick
:thumbsup:

Neil Skull
10-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Well,

Started building my FS last night. I always find the building party the most enjoyable, its the racing part that lets me down.
SO far everything seems very nice and easy, I filed the tabs on the chassis flat to accept the Lipos i got. 6000 mah Team Orion, they are real big I was worried they might be too tall for the body but i eyed it up and they seem ok.
Any tips any one can offer?

njc11
10-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Well,

Started building my FS last night. I always find the building party the most enjoyable, its the racing part that lets me down.
SO far everything seems very nice and easy, I filed the tabs on the chassis flat to accept the Lipos i got. 6000 mah Team Orion, they are real big I was worried they might be too tall for the body but i eyed it up and they seem ok.
Any tips any one can offer?

I think these are the same lipos that fab has used.. ???

If so he has used different posts and carbon or alloy straps to hold the lipos in..

On mine i have the corally 4200 35c saddles.. i have like you filed the tabs from the chassis.. I still use the standard battery posts and straps..

If you have a look in the kit you get im sure 2 different heights of posts, ive used the taller ones ( i may have had some spares as well though from te RB5 kit..) Then to lift the posts up ive cut the square piece of the bottom of the shorter posts so they still fit in the cut out on the chassis, then use a longer machine hex headed screw to pass through the spacer into the longer post.

Im happy with the way it works and it still looks factory :thumbsup:

I may have a pic somewhere if you want me to find it?

Nick

SimonW
10-12-2009, 09:52 AM
I use the little black 1mm washers they fit in the post hole nice and snug.

Fabs
10-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Neil,

WRONG lipos for my weights mate.

They're too tall (and not BRCA legal which isn't an issue for Petit RC) and once you put the weight plates under them you won't be able to fit the shell without raising it (even I had to raise it with the 4600).

AND you needn't file the tabs with my weights...

The taller posts come I'm pretty sure with the wing mounts or the bumpers.

RogerM
10-12-2009, 12:10 PM
I've got all this to come at some point if I do change to LiPo ..... still not keen but it seems finding decent NiMh cells is going to be an issue in 2010 :'(

Neil Skull
10-12-2009, 01:33 PM
Neil,

WRONG lipos for my weights mate.

They're too tall (and not BRCA legal which isn't an issue for Petit RC) and once you put the weight plates under them you won't be able to fit the shell without raising it (even I had to raise it with the 4600).

AND you needn't file the tabs with my weights...

The taller posts come I'm pretty sure with the wing mounts or the bumpers.


Doh,

I have to be honest i never saw the sadlle packs before i did not realise how big they are. Looks like i will have have to raid my tire fitting friends weight box, but i have to say they are quite heavy for a lipo.

I have a few more K boys who want top play so looks like being well supported by the reds :)

Fabs
10-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Neil,

The plates add 200g, I doubt the 600 will be twice the weight of the 4600, and we found that this is the minimum needed to get the car working. The 6000 will definately not fit under the top deck as mine are already just squeezing in...

Get some more peeps wanting some if I am to get some made might as well be more than 3 sets...

SimonW
10-12-2009, 02:41 PM
How much for the centre weight only and wot does it weigh ?

Fabs
10-12-2009, 02:55 PM
How much for the centre weight only and wot does it weigh ?

Centre weight is 60g but i've not worked out a price for it on its own, I figured it'd be better to sell a complete kit.

But if people are interested in the centre weight on its own I'll work something out.

Or the c/f battery straps...

Neil Skull
10-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Neil,

The plates add 200g, I doubt the 600 will be twice the weight of the 4600, and we found that this is the minimum needed to get the car working. The 6000 will definately not fit under the top deck as mine are already just squeezing in...

Get some more peeps wanting some if I am to get some made might as well be more than 3 sets...

Oh dear looks like i will have some fun and games :(

Fabs
10-12-2009, 03:47 PM
I may have a solution...

Welshy40
11-12-2009, 08:52 AM
Heck im using vampire 4600's and they are almost identical in height to the 4600 nimh.

RogerM
11-12-2009, 09:17 AM
All the BRCA legal cells should be a height similar to Sub C cells diameter however they will sit on top of, rather than "in" the chassis slots on most saddle pack cars. This should mean that all that is required is to lift the battery strap posts by at most the thickness of the chassis however many people are adding the weight under the cells (getting it as low as possible is important to many).

The kit Fabs has designed for the FS is by far the best I've seen for any car as it takes much as much of the weight as he could and transfered it to the centre ridge of the car between the cells, meaning that only the minimum extra weight has to go into the cell 'tray'. The only thing I would have done slightly differently is to have the cell straps made out of a heavier material (such as brass) rather than put it all in the 'tray' and have carbon straps. Here is my logic. The way in which the car rolls, and thus the way the grip changes through the corner via the geometry, will be effected by the centre of mass of the car as a whole.
As the LiPos are much lighter than the sub Cs they are replacing and you are putting the mass back under the cells you are effectively lowering the centre of mass of that section of the car. If you were to take the extra mass and devide it equally between above and below the cells you would be raising the centre of mass slightly as the whole assembly is sitting "on" rather than "in" the chassis as the sub C cells would. A little bit of maths would quickly tell you how to devide up the additional mass to give you the same height for the centre of mass.
Now, what Fabs has done is move some of the mass between the cells and on top of the chassis plate. This will combine to give the nearly correct effect as the car rolls (can't see how it can easily be bettered in the space available under the shell).

So Fabs set is the best currently available but is there a better way ..... yes, run the type of cells the car was designed for ... NiMh, hence why I am doing everything I can to stay with NiMh until such time as there is a chassis set out there designed around the mass of Lipo cells ;)

Guess who is not feeling particularly like concentrating on his job this morning :)

Fabs
11-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Neil's issue had me thinking yesterday and here's what I came up with.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=320168#post320168

anyone wants a set let me know asap.

Neil Skull
11-12-2009, 01:42 PM
looks good mate

Neil Skull
11-12-2009, 01:50 PM
Well i built the slipper clutch last night. That was fun :)
The only way i could do it without the plates falling out of alignment was to put a little grease on the metal plate against the metal cup, this made them stick together and i could assemble easy. Is there any other hard parts i should know?

RogerM
11-12-2009, 02:10 PM
Final alignment of the centre drive train is a little fiddly due to the length of the front centre shaft but otherwise the car is a joy to build!

Other than that it's just the usual stuff you would do with any 1/10th off-roader, make sure the diffs don't slip, make sure all the shocks rebound the same amount (sure your aware how easy to work with the K' shocks are ... the best out there) and that nothing binds.

I've found that the wishbones can seem tight on the hinge pins ... before you start opening holes in wishbones or polishing pins try different hinge pin holder bushes. I think the pin is meant to rotate in them not the wishbone on pin or bushes in hinge pin holders!!!

Have a quick search on here for my guide to shimming the diffs on the ZX5, perfect every time!

Oh, I forgot to say re-apply thread lock to the joints in the driveshafts ... I've known some come undone, only a couple but still if it happens it will cost you a run and be enough to stop you smiling!

If you want I'll gladly give your car the once over on the saturday at the Petit race to make sure she's singing for the sunday (unless it looks like you'll out qualify me in which case you may find bits missing ;) )

RogerM
11-12-2009, 02:25 PM
feeling helpful

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27151&highlight=diff

post 3

Neil Skull
11-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the help and offer Roger,

You have to understand i am not a racer like Mike and Simon etc.
I just like to play with the cars and i am not competitive.
So dont worry for me unless i am in front and you want to get past ;-)

I know the diffs well from the touring car. You know working for kyosho UK is tough there are so many products and i would like them all ;-)

I have made 2 races this year one in Mini-z and one in Rally cross.

there is only one video of me racing from the masters in June this year, my best acheivemnet ever i was 6th in the league class (thats the lowest one) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44_61cFF8Zk
mine is the blue and white car with the yellow and white wheels.
you see me at about 5 mins when i am on my roof in the chicane and get hit :)

RogerM
12-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Cool, no probs.

I personally have no idea why some people struggle with the diffs in the ZX5 as it's at least as robust as any other shaft drive car I've ever seen, can only guess it's guys who have only ever known belt driven cars!

I'm not exactly sure what set-up we're going to end up with at Petit (no carpet experience with the FS) but Nick may be able to offer more of a clue.
That said I'd suggest having the following available for the event

Springs;
#65, #70,#75 front
#68,#70,#72,#75,#80 rear

ARBs 1.0, 1.2, 1.4 & 1.6mm (all x2)

some of those bits will be in the kit, others will be new in packet in your pit box and back in stock on monday if unused ..lol

My guess (and that is all it is at the moment, an educated guess based on knowing the car and pictures of previous Petit tracks) would be to start with the car something like....

Front,

Longest link, 2mm under outer ball stud, 0mm under inner ball stud, -1.5deg camber
10deg hubs, no spacers between front hinge pin mount and gearbox
#75 lime green springs, 3B pistons, 40wt oil, out on wishbone, mid on tower
1.2mm ARB
ride height = shafts just under level

Rear,

Longest link, 2mm under outer ball stud, 0mm under inner ball stud, -1.0deg camber
2 notch anti-squat spacer under front hinge pin holder, none under rear
LAW36 E-in
LAW37 C-out
#75 lime green springs, 3x1.3mm (drilled 3B) pistons, 35wt oil, out on wishbone, mid on tower
1.6mm ARB
ride height = shafts level


Schumacher minipins all round, outer row cut both front and rear (to limit change of digging in if you have to throw the car ... won't limit normal grip)

I'll be running a SP V3.0 6.5R motor geared around 22/78, I'd have been running similar gearing on my old Orion 6.5

Hope that gives you an indea on how to screw it together :)

If you PM me an e-mail address I'll send you my set-ups for the FS but they are too big to host on oople :(

Dhami1
13-12-2009, 07:33 PM
me and willetts have just confirmed and paid entry for both classes.. :thumbsup:

ive had my rb5 for a while.. should be getting the fs next week :)

see you all there!

gurdy

njc11
13-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Cool :thumbsup:

Is Shin still coming? hes still on the waiting to pay list? Entries close Tuesday..:o

Dhami1
13-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Cool :thumbsup:

Is Shin still coming? hes still on the waiting to pay list? Entries close Tuesday..:o

yes.. last i spoke to neil. he was coming.

looking forward to this one. especially 4wd.

gurdy

Neil Skull
14-12-2009, 01:42 PM
Cool :thumbsup:

Is Shin still coming? hes still on the waiting to pay list? Entries close Tuesday..:o

Yes he is still on schedule. You know the faster the racer the slower the payer. ;-)

njc11
14-12-2009, 02:12 PM
Yes he is still on schedule. You know the faster the racer the slower the payer. ;-)

LOL! :thumbsup:

RogerM
14-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Nick ... carpet set-up for FS urgently required ... care to share?

I'm just about to send a load of set-up sheets to Arno to host on Petit RC, PM me a mail address and I'll send them to you to.

:D

Fabs
14-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Yes he is still on schedule. You know the faster the racer the slower the payer. ;-)

Well I got word from Nicolas that if not paid by tomorrow he'll not be in...

So get him to hurry up !

Neil Skull
15-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the heads up Fabs,

Just FYI i weighed the lipos yesterday.

the 4500 270g
the 6000 350g
intellect nimh 3800 410g

I can make the 6000 fit i have to make some bespoke battery straps.and likely do some mods to the shell.

Fabs
15-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Or you can have some of my brass straps and a centre weight...:thumbsup: Each adding 60g.

FYI SHO 4200 are 440g...

RogerM
15-12-2009, 12:33 PM
My EP cells are 424g per pack if more info.

Fabs, you have PM!

Neil Skull
03-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Well after some delays i got the car finished.

The only thing that i was surprised about was the weight.

The only thing i have not installed is the transponder and the weight is 1640g.
Using Lipo i was expecting it to be under the minium weight limit of 1588g.

I know Simon Willetts has been using his at kit set up no weight added and shocks at the front as per kit! but dropped the oil to 300.

Only 2 weeks to go :thumbsup:

RogerM
04-01-2010, 12:53 PM
My FS is about 1700g depending on tires, LiPos weighted up to give the same weight as NiMh or real cells.

Most 4wds are "heavy", I know Tom Yardy weights his Yokomo upto around 1700g/1740g most of the time.

RogerM
04-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Neil, you going to be bringing a nice big banner to put up so everybody knows the K' cars are in town?

:)

Welshy40
06-01-2010, 11:58 AM
My FS is about 1700g depending on tires, LiPos weighted up to give the same weight as NiMh or real cells.

Most 4wds are "heavy", I know Tom Yardy weights his Yokomo upto around 1700g/1740g most of the time.

Blimey, thats heavy but understand why due to the weight distribution on your car. Mine is 1590 and I dont really need a brass Lipo tray, just my one off Carbon fibre item.

What's the biggest cells you can fit into your car before you have difficulties with your shell? Me 4400 are the biggest I can use due to my top deck being low.

RogerM
06-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I've got RObotronic 4600s (23mm tall) and JUST clear the topdeck to mount in the same position as proper cells, no way the new 25mm cells will go in without chopping things up if your going to put lead under the lipos :'(

Not 100% sure but I think that FABs weight set gets around this problem ;)

Neil Skull
06-01-2010, 05:54 PM
Neil, you going to be bringing a nice big banner to put up so everybody knows the K' cars are in town?

:)

Yes of course we got trackside sponsorship :)

We just booked into the ramada :) seems to be on the doorstop.

Shin is all booked and ready for the 13 hour flight just to see you guys ;-)

RogerM
07-01-2010, 12:53 AM
Neil,

Nick Caro & myself are booked into the Ramada too. Hopefully we will be there for the 4pm opening to grab the prime spot, going to reserve for about 12 people ... think that will be enough for the K' guys?

RogerM
07-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Can we start a list of who we are expecting at Petit so we can reserve enough space for all the K' racers to pit together.
I'm also hoping to have a spare table surface for a set-up station and PC to keep up to date with the progress of the meeting (I assume there will be live results)

Me
Nick Caro
Fabs
Butch (Si Willets)
Gurdeep
Simon W'
Neil Skull
Mike Cradock
Pererik
Shin
Lowie
Arno???
Alex T
Rich C'
Dufty
Kevin Brunsden?

Please add yourself to the list if your going to be there with a K' car :D

Welshy40
07-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Im racing a k car but am pitting with Dave Belsten and Andy Griffiths.

Neil Skull
07-01-2010, 09:54 PM
High roger so is it towels out on Friday?? LMAO

We got a young lad racing Alex thurston.

Bit of a prodigy in nitro 200mm just got an FS to attend this race he took it out at worksop maybe some of you saw him he ended up 44 i think.

Rich Cree should be there! Oh did i mention he is racing Kyosho this year ;-)

njc11
07-01-2010, 10:28 PM
High roger so is it towels out on Friday?? LMAO

We got a young lad racing Alex thurston.

Bit of a prodigy in nitro 200mm just got an FS to attend this race he took it out at worksop maybe some of you saw him he ended up 44 i think.

Rich Cree should be there! Oh did i mention he is racing Kyosho this year ;-)

Towels.. pit boxes.. you name it we'll have it to save a spot! lol!

I think i know who you mean... his das has a moustache, Alex is around 10?? racing a pink and black FS? I leant them a front shock tower at broxtowe the other week..i must admit he looks very good! prodigy for sure!!

I think the K cars might be out to prove a point at the petit!! :woot:

Am looking forward to it!! :thumbsup:

Neil Skull
07-01-2010, 10:47 PM
:thumbsup:yes thats Alex and his dad, Alex is 11 and finished in every a final bar one in last year 200mm.
2 of the nicest people i have ever met, Alex loves his racing his enthusiasm is infectuious and his racing brain is amazing.

rich_cree
08-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Can we start a list of who we are expecting at Petit so we can reserve enough space for all the K' racers to pit together.
I'm also hoping to have a spare table surface for a set-up station and PC to keep up to date with the progress of the meeting (I assume there will be live results)

Me
Nick Caro
Fabs
Butch (Si Willets)
Gurdeep
Simon W'
Neil Skull
Mike Cradock
Pererik
Shin
Lowie
Arno???
Alex T
Rich C'

Please add yourself to the list if your going to be there with a K' car :D

I'll be there both days fella, any chance of grabbing my a space for me and my new rides?

Ta

Rich

_sleigh_
08-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Wow ace news, is that you back doing 10th for this season?

rich_cree
08-01-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm doing petit and whatever nationals I can fit in around the 1/8 stuff mate. Looking forward to it!

Chris Doughty
08-01-2010, 10:11 AM
Check Cree out Rolling with the big K :woot:

Maritime
08-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Neil,

Nick Caro & myself are booked into the Ramada too. Hopefully we will be there for the 4pm opening to grab the prime spot, going to reserve for about 12 people ... think that will be enough for the K' guys?


Dear all

Sorry to post on your thread i just would like to give you some info

When the doors open on friday (times will be given soon around Monday)

Only driver places and kit can be placed on the pit tables that are running on the Saturday or both days (no places can be saved for Sunday drivers only ) as diffrent driver are running diffrent days.

I.E once Saturday has finished and the Saturday only drivers takes there kit the spaces for the Sunday only drivers will then be open.

I will have a full listings on the friday of all drivers that are doing both days if the name at the pitting area is not on the listing for Saturday racing the pitting space will be made free.

All saved space have to have names on a4 paper which the club will supply no name no pit space saved

Please also note 1 space per bookin driver

Hope this help

Ian Knight
________
box vaporizers (http://boxvaporizers.com)

Neil Skull
08-01-2010, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up Ian,

We was looking at getting down late Friday night with our banners.
I hope it wont be too late for you!! what time will you close?

Maritime
08-01-2010, 01:30 PM
you have pm
________
growing marijuana (http://growingmedicalmarijuana.org)

Dufty07
10-01-2010, 02:44 PM
Im also comin down with simon w, Drivin 2wd(RB5) 4wd(sp) :thumbsup:

RogerM
12-01-2010, 11:23 AM
Can we start a list of who we are expecting at Petit so we can reserve enough space for all the K' racers to pit together.
I'm also hoping to have a spare table surface for a set-up station and PC to keep up to date with the progress of the meeting (I assume there will be live results)

Me
Nick Caro
Fabs
Butch (Si Willets)
Gurdeep
Simon W'
Neil Skull
Mike Cradock
Pererik
Shin
Lowie
Arno???
Alex T
Rich C'
Dufty
Kevin Brunsden?

Please add yourself to the list if your going to be there with a K' car :D

Just a quick note ....

Anybody wanting to pit with the rest of the Kyosho drivers can you please put your full name against the list along with which days they are racing (sat/sun/both).

I'll sort out the place holders on Thursday even (I'll be printing them about 5pm) and Nick & I will place them on the tables on the Friday evening in line with the instructions Ian gives us on the night.

Be great to get as many of us pitting together as possible so we can share set-up info and such like.

Really looking forward to this now .. come on the weekend already :thumbsup:

rich_cree
12-01-2010, 01:49 PM
I'll be there both days, potentially even screwing the last few bits onto the ZX5 on saturday!

pererik
12-01-2010, 07:41 PM
I can see my name on that list but I'm not going to be there unfortunately.. good luck K guys!!

You can save me pit table at the Eden Park BRCA event this summer though.. I'm already booked at Hotel DC for the event :)

CougarRob
12-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Hey Guys, as a confirmed Kyoshophile is it worth travelling down to the race this weekend as a spectator? Are there good views of the track etc or would I be 'sidelined'? Would love to go and watch but its a hell of a drive down!

RogerM
13-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Best PM Maritime or Nicolas Petit for more info about the venue but having spoken to Ian (Maritime) today it sounds like there will be plenty of great places to watch from. Going to do my best to get as many of the K' guys together as possible and as close to the trackside as we can.

Remember Shin is coming over ... only man I can think of that is faster with a K car is Tebo so got to be worth watching him alone!

Hope to see you there

njc11
14-01-2010, 10:14 AM
Place names..

Im going picking these up from the laminators this am..

Roger Mills
Nick Caro
Fabs
Butch (Si Willets)
Gurdeep
Simon W' (Surname??)
Neil Skull
Mike Cradock
Pererik
Shin
Lowie
Arno???
Alex T
Rich C'
Dufty??? (proper name..)
Kevin Brunsden???

The last two names, are they coming? if so i'll sort them..

NEED TO KNOW ASAP!

Cheers

Nick
:thumbsup:

RogerM
14-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Yes, both will be there

SimonW
14-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Watson, I wil be there both days Roger as will Carl 'Dufty07' Dufton. Thanks in advance for sorting out pit space.

Simon.

njc11
14-01-2010, 08:43 PM
Watson, I wil be there both days Roger as will Carl 'Dufty07' Dufton. Thanks in advance for sorting out pit space.

Simon.

Simon,

Had a look at the heat listing and figured it was Watson.. and Carl Dufton :thumbsup:

Place names all sorted now..im all packed up and ready to go

See everyone tomorrow

Nick
:thumbsup:

SimonW
14-01-2010, 09:30 PM
We'll be there blurry eyed on Saturday morning, and staying at the premier inn 3 miles down the road on Saturday night. Woo Hoo gettin' all excited, lol.

Neil Skull
18-01-2010, 10:17 PM
Hi K fans.

Once again a big thanks to all that attended especially those that travelled long distances.

Its great to feel part of the family with the EP boys.
Everyone helping lots of different standards of racers.
One of the many things that will stick me is what Shin said last night during a conversation
I said to Shin "it was great that anyone from A begginer like me to an International racer can enjoy the cars and get good results" He made a pheww sign and said "thanks that was exactly what he hoped to achieve"

He is hoping to race at Neo buggy this year and also looking at a touring car race in the UK. he definetly wants to race at Petit again.

He is going to the Euros to support Krapp in Austria (German national Champion) and to the worlds in Thailand twice this year once for Rallycross and again for Touring car so make sure to follow if you can.

MHeadling
18-01-2010, 10:43 PM
Well done to the Kyosho team at the Petit, was great to see so many cars out there and doing so well!

Top job getting Shin along to the meeting his cars were super nice and well prepped! I'd love to see a Shin edt RB5 and FS that red anodising looked ace!

Great job by Rich Cree and Si Willets! I'm sure we will see many more K cars out there in 2010, great job Kyosho! ( I sound like DC! Must have rubbed off over the weekend!)

jimmy
18-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Nice one Neil, good to see Kyosho have a good showing and bringing a big name driver over.

RogerM
19-01-2010, 12:20 AM
What a fantastic atmosphere it was and it was so nice to get the chance to chat with Shin, such a nice and approachable chap.

Great to see such a good set of results from the K' cars (appart from mine ... boy am I rust at this rug racing lark!!) especially Mr Cree who litterally was still screwing bits to his cars in the mornings before each race and made the A with them. Shows the class in both the cars and his driving.
Butch as always was a pleasure to race with and turned on a hell of a show in each of his runs.

Thanks to everybody who made the K' pits such a fun place to be, old friends and new ones. Also thanks for everybody who took the time to make Sarah feel so welcome at her first RC race and now shes pushing me to do nationals so she can come along again :o

I'll be back next year but will get a bit of carpet practice in first next time!!!

dagfather
19-01-2010, 08:50 AM
I heard Shin's cars were somewhat different, or perhaps just really nice. Some guy told me he had seen pictures of it on the web. But I can't seem to find any pics of it?

In the report it's only a interview and a photo of him holding two cars..

Anyone got an idea where this might be?

Fabs
19-01-2010, 09:45 AM
Yes it was really nice to have so many K cars around, I've never seen that many! Hopefully we'll have a few more at nationals, me and nick were feeling a bit lonely last year in 4WD being the only two drivers racing the FS (and I'm including nick, but as far as I remember he only ran the FS at Blyth, before that I was on my own).

Well done to Mike for his C final, I wasn't expecting that !

And obviously, Shin, Rich, Butch, Nick, Roger (and Sarah), Neil and all the crew for a fantastic week end!

Let's keep it up and we'll see K cars springing up in the pits :thumbsup:

Fabs
19-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Oh yes I forgot!

Shin's cars...

2WD was pretty much a bog standard RB5-SP with the new layshaft conversion, new shock shafts with a coating, and he was using X-Gear shock springs. Truck was the same as RB5 I think.

ZX5-FS had a lot of prototype parts on it: New chassis to accomodate Lipos, new rear top deck stiffener, rear posts for thumbscrews (he was using locknuts, but I believe the idea is to have thumbscrews), new shock shafts, new slipper, and new bodyshell. There again he was using X-Gear shock springs.

All the parts on his ZX5-FS are going to be released in Japan in March from what he was saying. I'm really looking forward to trying the new chassis and stiffener, as I believe it'll help the car a lot on our tracks.

Fab

dagfather
19-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Nice..

Can't wait to see...

Getting my FS today, and really looking forward to race it.

Neil Skull
19-01-2010, 01:21 PM
Nice to finally meet you Mark after hearing so much about you from Karl.

You might like the attached.

Neil Skull
19-01-2010, 01:26 PM
Nice one Neil, good to see Kyosho have a good showing and bringing a big name driver over.

Hi Jimmy,

Nice to meet you again i think!

I see you got your diecast car in the end:thumbsup:
Great report an pics as always.
Shin said you have a following in Japan for your site:woot:

Lowie
19-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Hey, Fabs, did mr Shin have a look at your mid-RB5 and if so, what were his comments? :)


And is there allready a setup lying around on the net from Mr Shin's car (RB5)?

dagfather
19-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Here's the pics of Shin's FS:

:)

ace028
19-01-2010, 09:59 PM
Car looks awesome, where do you get the red bits from?

Fabs
19-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey, Fabs, did mr Shin have a look at your mid-RB5 and if so, what were his comments? :)


And is there allready a setup lying around on the net from Mr Shin's car (RB5)?

Better than had a look, he had a go for the UFO final :thumbsup:

He said it was excellent on the slippy stuff, and that air control was amazing, but on the carpet he thought the rear had too much grip. However he insisted on running mini pins, and my car had been setup for staggered, which would have caused the issues he was having on the carpet.

Neil Skull
19-01-2010, 10:33 PM
This is my preffered class of radio control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47u_dCgNhBQ

sorry about video shaking but you get the idea.;)

dagfather
20-01-2010, 07:48 AM
Car looks awesome, where do you get the red bits from?

I suspect these are the upgrades that Kyosho will release in Japan in March.
At least those are the parts that stand out as "new"...

dagfather
20-01-2010, 07:48 AM
This is my preffered class of radio control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47u_dCgNhBQ

sorry about video shaking but you get the idea.;)

Good for you... :eh?:

njc11
20-01-2010, 10:02 AM
I suspect these are the upgrades that Kyosho will release in Japan in March.
At least those are the parts that stand out as "new"...

I questioned Shin about all the anodised bits... unfortunatley this is one of the advantages you get being a designer for Kyosho! They wont be available to the general public..

Theres a few bits you can get i believe from the touring car??!?! Im sure someone can confirm this?

Had an ace weekend at the petit.. nice to meet everybody! Cant wait for the nationals!! :thumbsup:

Nick

Neil Skull
20-01-2010, 10:22 AM
Correct Nick,

most of the red parts turnbuckles etc are from the touring car.

RogerM
20-01-2010, 12:41 PM
IIRC you should be able to get everything bar the motor mount from the touring cars as Neil says.

There are plenty of home anodising kits on the market (www.frost.co.uk (http://www.frost.co.uk) sell a good one that I use for parts on my kit cars / performance converstions) and you can get he original anodising off with very strong Bi-carb solution or proper stripping solutions are available.

Never understood the blue anodising on the Kyosho cars though, Kyosho are "The red cars" ... imagine if Ferrari changed there GP car colour to blue!!! ;)

I'm glad that my paint scheme suits blue parts, saves all the hastle :)

Neil Skull
20-01-2010, 12:51 PM
Regarding the colour schemes.

Kyosho change the colour of the alu chassis on all their cars when they make a new release about once every 2 years.
Its a bit like full scale cars i noticed that white is the new color for now. Silver seems to be out.

Shin is the one who wants all Red cars :)

He said he will check this out for future.

Dhami1
21-01-2010, 01:25 PM
nice to meet all the faces that i never met before!

enjoying the k cars for sure. it was great shin made the trip over. thanks for sorting it all out neil

oh and thanks to nick for the nice laminated name tags!

cant wait to do it all again.

gurdy

MHeadling
21-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Neil SkullNice to finally meet you Mark after hearing so much about you from Karl.

You might like the attached.


Yes good to meet you too Neil! Thanks for posting that up! :cry:

I drove like a tool in the final! oh well when we meet again I will be victorious! :p

Neil Skull
21-01-2010, 07:43 PM
Hi Mark,

OOppps i wasnt trying to get one up. I just took a pic of the result as i always forget where i finished.
It was intended for your reference (honest Gov)
:blush:

MHeadling
21-01-2010, 07:55 PM
No probs buddy! :thumbsup: Will catch you track side soon!

SimonW
21-01-2010, 10:03 PM
Hi All,
I would like to say a BIG thankyou to all you guys, Nic for the cards that was a cool idea, i got Shin to sign mine and i think he signed Niels car too. Mike, thanks for putting up with me, lol and most of all Shin, what a really nice chap and so helpful. I really enjoyed myself although it may not of looked like that sometimes and it was great to meet all of you and put faces to the oople sig's.

Simon Watson

Arn0
23-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Hello Gents,

Glad I can speak with some of you, I have now head with a name like Nick, Roger, Richard (You did well but could have done better ;))

It was a great moment there with some fun having a words with everyone.

Wish you the best to all of you for the coming racing season.

Regarding setups, the are online with some pics for either the 2WD, 4WD and Truck.

Neil Skull
25-01-2010, 12:32 PM
Hi Arno where are the pics? are these yours?
http://www.petitrc.com/prcrace2010/photos/album2/index.html

Neil Skull
25-01-2010, 05:39 PM
I like this one :thumbsup:

MHeadling
25-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Is there a link to the Sat photos?? I am trying to look at the Petit site but can't find it!

Arn0
26-01-2010, 04:31 AM
Hi Arno where are the pics? are these yours?
http://www.petitrc.com/prcrace2010/photos/album2/index.html
Hi Neil,

Those are the pics taken by ikey ji and myself on sunday, he covered the track and get the action pictures, I did the pits pictures and some grids'ones.

Here is saturday: http://www.petitrc.com/prcrace2010/photos/album1/index.html

In both sets, I give my pics straight out of the camera to Nicolas Petit and he process the whole thing I guess without any post processing.

My pictures quality is definitively not matching Jimmy's one and I really try to did my best (I know I have to work to improve in this area).
I'll probably made my own selection and personal post process when I have some spare time. However, I use some to illustrate the setup sheets.

Neil Skull
26-01-2010, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the pics Arno.

pererik
26-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Way to go Kyosho peeps

I spoke to Kenneth Malkusson and Mikael Hedin (other Swedes), they said the race was just awesome, really sad I missed it.

Interesting to see that there are really very little modifications to Shin's cars. Does anyone know if he used the new hubs and suspension arms from the upcoming UMW517 kit or was it um521 arm with type B hub?

Fabs
26-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Way to go Kyosho peeps

I spoke to Kenneth Malkusson and Mikael Hedin (other Swedes), they said the race was just awesome, really sad I missed it.

Interesting to see that there are really very little modifications to Shin's cars. Does anyone know if he used the new hubs and suspension arms from the upcoming UMW517 kit or was it um521 arm with type B hub?

as far as I know UM521 with type B hubs, defo not the option ones on the ZX5, but on the RB5 yes the 0 degree ones.