View Full Version : What XXX is this?
PaulUpton
01-12-2009, 11:02 PM
can anyone tell me what this XXX is, think its a CR but not for sure
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs090.snc3/15739_200291163448_701843448_2896843_4677128_n.jpg
http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs110.snc3/15739_200291178448_701843448_2896844_6650929_n.jpg
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs110.snc3/15739_200291188448_701843448_2896845_7804970_n.jpg
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs110.snc3/15739_200291213448_701843448_2896847_4700880_n.jpg
Cheers :thumbsup:
jono83
01-12-2009, 11:45 PM
Definitely looks like a cr
Ashley will confirm soon no doubt lol
Fiddybux
01-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Looks like a CR - the EA3 marks are a dead giveaway...but not sure about the chassis. That looks plastic to me, off an old XXX.
PaulRotheram
02-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Its a hybrid car :)
I used to run one, basically the old XXX transmission with the new EA3 bits, it was a great car handeling wise. I used to use a plastic chassis too, which I think is the same as the pictures.
I think the CR covered what we were trying to develop, as the BK2 transmission generated too much rear side bite, and the XXX allowed for abit more rotation, superb car at the time! However the let down of the CR is the poor material, although it is cheap in cost for spares.
It's likely to be very good now as its basically a CR but with the right materials.
PaulUpton
02-12-2009, 02:57 AM
Cheers guys, do you know if it's suitble for the CR2 convertion? Or as it's got the old gear box on not?
Paul
Tom3012
02-12-2009, 03:06 AM
I think, and its only a think... It should work fine for the conversion, the gearbox parts from a xxx can be used in a xxx cr qnd vice versa so no problems there, wishbones look to be cr ones so your ok there...
Best thing to do is ask mr atomic carbon :)
PaulUpton
02-12-2009, 07:12 AM
Thanks Tom, only really wanted the car for the shocks, for the price I got it for may as well keep it if it will be ok to convert
Paul
Tom3012
02-12-2009, 10:59 AM
By the looks of it im going to say its an old xxx thats been made into a cr... It has what look like the grey yoke driveshafts as apposed to the 'natural' ones the cr comes with, And the hingepins dont look to be nitride coated, so im saying an older xxx which some has added all the cr bits to. Nice car though :thumbsup:
Northy
02-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Doesn't look to have CR rear hubs? But it is hard to see from the pics.
G
PaulUpton
02-12-2009, 11:15 AM
Yeh think the cr ones ball joint is mounted vertically but these ones are horizontal. Was another thing that made me question it.
Paul
Chris Doughty
02-12-2009, 12:04 PM
I agree that it looks like the hybrid, its has the normal steering rack too.
my hybrid was the best Losi 2WD I used.
peetbee
02-12-2009, 12:39 PM
I agree that it looks like the hybrid, its has the normal steering rack too.
Mine's a XXX that's been upgraded into a CR too, bar the steering - would you say it's worth changing the steering too?
cheers
Chris Doughty
02-12-2009, 02:03 PM
I never got the kit CR (with steering rack) to go as good as the hybrid/prototype (without the steering rack)
there were a few other small differences to be fair but I liked to original rack
peetbee
02-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Thanks Chris
PaulUpton
02-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Chris do you reckon It's worth keeping as is or converting to a CR2 if that's possible?
Paul
Chris Doughty
02-12-2009, 03:39 PM
as with most cars, its really personal preferance, mid-motor cars drive quite differently to rear motor 2WD's
depends what you want really.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.