View Full Version : Maintenance Help for XX4 WE
kurpal
02-12-2009, 08:24 PM
I have a XX4 WE since 2000. I left it for over 3 years and now I am setting it up as Brushless. I need a little help with what I should watch out for. Do I need to rebuild the Diffs? I have never done it before. Should I switch to ceramic diff balls?
Previoulsy, I ran Orion 6Tdbl brushed motors and now I have Losi Brushless 7500KV. I run the 84T spur and 16T pinion. Gearing will take time to test but I have read most people running higher tooth pinions.
Also, does anyone modify the slipper assembly?
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
Southwell
02-12-2009, 09:16 PM
Replace all belts, pulleys, diff internals, maybe some bearings and definately shock seals, etc etc.
kurpal
02-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Thanks Southwell. For the XX4, should there be much resistence in the rolling chassis? Also, what's the best way to confirm it's rebuilt properly? Rotating the wheels is the best way I know, but how freely should they move?
Southwell
02-12-2009, 10:58 PM
With new components it will be tight, after a few runs it will free up, but with three belts it's never going to freewheel a lot with spinning the wheels, as long as it isn't notchy and rotates smoothly i can't forsee a problem. I run the rear diff A forwards to keep the resistance to a minimum.
kurpal
03-12-2009, 12:09 AM
I also run A FWD, I used to run B FWD. The belts are all new, Blue at the front. I'll rebuild and see what it does with the Brushless setup.
Thanks.
Southwell
03-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Green belts all round is best, i believe the blue is a touring car one.
kurpal
03-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Blue is standard in the WE kit, but some say not as durable as the Green. I haven't had a belt break on me, but I run mostly on smoother surfaces.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.