PDA

View Full Version : Fitting electrics


salmon
12-12-2009, 10:44 AM
Just bought a 2nd hand x11 and went to start fitting the electrics last night. Seems far to tight at first glance, are there are tricks to doing this? I have an xcelorin brushless speedo, ko 2123 servo and a ko 301f receiver and I'll be usung the standard saddle nimh layout.

Cheers

franki
12-12-2009, 11:50 AM
hehe this is the fun part to the pred!!! I had my esc on top of the servo but have it siting over the main shaft a bit that way the larger part of the shell covers it!!! have a look at www.the-pred.co.uk there are some pics on there!!! you will love the car!!

have fun

Bungleaio
12-12-2009, 02:31 PM
This is how I had mine installed when I was using a GTB. The low profile servo definately makes things easier

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/Bungleaio/x11/16112008862.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/Bungleaio/x11/16112008863.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r50/Bungleaio/x11/16112008864.jpg

salmon
12-12-2009, 04:36 PM
Cheers, did try the speedo on top of servo but is too tall for the shell. As above I think the low profile servo looks very tidy but was hoping to stick with the ko one I have.

franki
12-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Hi mate, what esc are you using??? it should fit if you move it over, i used the LRP one that was one of the big ones and it was ok

Regards

Frank

footey
12-12-2009, 05:14 PM
yes its best to build a little platform top to fit the esc on top of the servo you then can move the esc over the shaft

salmon
12-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Just a losi xcelorin speedo, simar size to a gtb. Have done just that above. Put a bit if carbon plate on top of the servo so speedo is suspended above the prop shaft. Cheers for all the help!