View Full Version : ZX-5 hopups
ace028
21-12-2009, 02:17 AM
Does anyone make lipo battery strap posts? Like alumunum or brass ones? Is there any kind of aftermarket hopups for this car? I am looking for battery straps, weight kits and such. Just wondering what is available in case I need it.
RogerM
21-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Firstly which version of the car?
If it's the FS contact Fabs on here (or look at his threads) as he does the best designed weight kit for any saddle car!!!!
Personally I'm going to use the longer posts that come in the kit and simple GRP / carbon straps and a pile of lead to try LiPo in the car ... if I decided to LiPo it I'll get one of Fabs kits.
Still think NiMh is the way to go with ALL saddle cars.
SimonW
21-12-2009, 09:18 AM
Roger, Once you put lipo in the car you won't go back trust me. When i put a brushless motor in my car i though 'what a load of crap' i couldn't notice any difference, but when i put the lipo batteries in for the first time all i could say was 'wow' why didn't i buy these sooner. I think most would agree.
ace028
21-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I have the FS version. Do you have a link to the longer posts. I got my FS second hand, it has the thumb screws which were added, but it don't look as nice as it could. I have lipos by the way.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.