PDA

View Full Version : cat xs wheels on a lazer zx5


overson
31-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Hi does any know if i fit 14mm hex's on my lazer can i fit cat xs wheels on it.

bigred5765
31-12-2009, 11:48 PM
cat sx wheels arent hex fitting mate there pin fitting front and back, similar to b4 rears

overson
01-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi sorry i was told they were cat xs wheels.
looking in to it a bit more they look more like cat 3000 wheels

RogerM
01-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Cat SX wheels can be made to fit front and rear.

Cat 3000 wheels will be wrong in terms of offset, don't use those!

Welshy40
01-01-2010, 04:40 PM
I know the Annsman Mad Rat front and rear are a perfect fit on the Lazer hexes. Also the lazer zx5 fs wheels are rather good as well.

Col
01-01-2010, 05:25 PM
Also the lazer zx5 fs wheels are rather good as well.

But are a totally different offset to the std wheels (but are the same ones as SP wheels.)

Welshy40
01-01-2010, 07:48 PM
I know but as long as you have a set of wheels you can modify the width easily. I did and there are numerous size hexes you can buy to make the width you want.

Col
02-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Bollox to that. If you're buying wheels just buy the correct ones.
Saves buying all those numerous size hexes.

Welshy40
02-01-2010, 10:32 AM
Bollox to that. If you're buying wheels just buy the correct ones.
Saves buying all those numerous size hexes.

I agree with you on that, but the reason i did it was down to kyosho no longer selling the correct size front wheels and me wanting to improve the handling by narrowing the rear and widening the front. Im now about a lap quicker due to the mods

Col
02-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Im now about a lap quicker due to the mods

Just magine how fast you'd be with a car designed this century:thumbsup:

Welshy40
02-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Just magine how fast you'd be with a car designed this century:thumbsup:

Hehe well I have a bet that I will do a lot better than most ZX5's at the Petit. I know I will not come last, and will have some fun showing you guys just how good this old pile of prototype junk actually goes. :thumbsup: