PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Schumacher Stagger Rib Tires on B4 rims


Bob_Zahn
07-01-2010, 05:45 PM
I would like to mount a set of Schumacher stagger ribs the same as Hupo Honigil did on his B4 for the Euro champs in Spain this past summer.

The outside and inside edges of the rim were removed but I can't quite tell if the inside edge of the tire is mounted all the way to the edge. I have seen a few pics that state the tires were stretched to fit the wider rims but I did a dry run for this and getting them to sit nicely and glue up straight would be very difficult. They want to sit in a narrower position naturally. The set on my car now has not only the inner bead of the rim removed but also has the tire mounted to the bead that normally sits on the inside of the tire. I then removed 1/4 of the rim to end up with skinnier tires than what is normally run on the front.

I also see he didn't run inserts in his tires. Will this give the car more or less steering compared to tires with inserts.

Thanks

Bob

Cruise
07-01-2010, 07:46 PM
For maximum Grip we normally make a slim wheel by removing the inner bed of the wheel.Then we remove the remaining 3 horns so you end up with a 1/12th style wheel.Then you glue the staggers on .

Cruise

Bob_Zahn
08-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestions and tips. Do you recommend foam in the tires vs. no foam for carpet?

Bob_Zahn
10-01-2010, 04:56 PM
Still looking for help on running inserts or not on my stagger rib tires

anyone else try both?

James
10-01-2010, 05:29 PM
No need to run inserts, but cut the wheels down as cruise says, also you will need to trim the outer mounting bead off the tyre.