PDA

View Full Version : B44 Build


Devastator
08-01-2010, 04:25 PM
In the process of doing my B44 now.

It's pretty much done just a bit confused over a few things so need a hand.

Not sure if i've done the diffs quite right (not enough lube perhaps), or thinking about it, tightened them up to much, as occasionally when you turn one wheel they all turn in the same direction.

Other thing is it seems way too loud (only when motor is in). I seem to be mounting the motor correctly but it just doesn't seem to mesh that well, or something (maybe the slipper), I think that may be the problem. I'm using a 48 pitch pinion which I believe is correct?

Also does anyone have high lipos? I've got the demon 6000mah+ saddle pack, and it fits but the little set/grub screw doesn't sit high enough to fit the straps on unless I loosen it alot.

Many thanks :)

jamiekerr14
08-01-2010, 04:42 PM
I use the same Batts mate-I ordered some longer screws and washers and it seems to be fine now..-Not tried it properly on a track but done a few jumps in the garden and it it still secure but yea just get some longer screws and some washers and your all set!:)

Big G
08-01-2010, 04:53 PM
sounds like the diffs might be too tight. I run my front one fairly tight and generally it'll turn the motor before the opposite side, but now and then it'll turn the diff.

where is the noise coming from with the motor in?

Devastator
08-01-2010, 05:17 PM
Hard to say, I'll grab a film later.

Jamie where abouts did you get the longer screws and washers?

Cheers guys :)

Devastator
08-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Okay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp-zQLUDQ5g

At the end if you turn up you can hear the sound clearer that its making when I turn the wheels.

Thanks :)

jamiekerr14
08-01-2010, 07:05 PM
Here you go buddy-On there someone has a link to the ones I got.. TBH if you can maybe find some even longer ones.. as mine hold them but having more thread would be nicer.. and grab some small washers too I had some lying around.. need some more ideally.. hope it helps

Devastator
08-01-2010, 07:25 PM
I don't know if you forgot the link but I can't see one.

jamiekerr14
08-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Sorry buddy my bad its:
http://www.m-k-racing.com/product_in...8&%3CosCsid%3E

Devastator
08-01-2010, 09:35 PM
That doesn't seem to work cos the forums shortened it or something, idk how you can get around it perhaps tinyurl.com it?