View Full Version : B44 screws stuck!
Richard Law
10-01-2010, 01:09 AM
i have 1 x 4-40x3/8" stuck in the alloy center mount, i have a erfect fit for my 1/16" hex driver and its just twisting the end of the hex driver!
any solutions?
johnnygibbon
10-01-2010, 01:36 AM
get a good hex driver so it dont round off .heat up bolt and engine mount on gas flame . cookoer or little blow torch. give it a smooth twist and it should come out
Richard Law
10-01-2010, 01:54 AM
Thanks Mate,
The Hex drive is a brand new Factory Team one.
The screw is running through the carbon top brace, will the be ok with the heat?
Timee80
10-01-2010, 07:55 AM
touch the head of the screw with a soldering iron for about 15 seconds. bit easier and should do the job. mind loosened after a couple of races anyway mate
bigred5765
10-01-2010, 10:02 AM
agreed above use a good soldering iron let it sit for a while to get really warm then hold it on the screw till it heats up and it should undo,
Try get yourself a Jconcepts 1/16 tip. They are a really tight fit on the screw heads! Try not to use too much thread lock aswell! I dont threadlock the screws in the motor mount, just make sure they are tight!
Ben
Big G
10-01-2010, 12:44 PM
I had this when I bought my B44 2nd hand. some num nut had broken off the tip of a hex drive in there. I removed the top deck and motor plate and every other screw and then turned the top deck which loosened up the screw. I was able to wind it out all the way like this and replace.
Richard Law
10-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Thanks a lot guys, all your replies noted, what a friendly forum
Thanks
:thumbsup:
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.