PDA

View Full Version : Front/Rear shock droop


Jamie B4
11-01-2010, 08:55 PM
What kind of measurements are the top guys getting on the shocks on a B44 from the bottom of the shock body to the ball stud that attaches it to the wishbone? Just trying to work out what droop is achieved without the driveshafts popping out

J

Jamie B4
12-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Anyone out there?

Big G
12-01-2010, 10:24 AM
what the manual says works for me. they never pop out.

_sleigh_
12-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Jamie, can't really give you an answer on exact on length as it really depends on the track you're running on. It's not always the best thing to have mega droop.

For the Petit this weekend, I'm starting off with 2 standard AE shims (0.030" each) front and rear. Then depending on track layout/jumps etc I'll adjust as required.

Which track are you trying to get set-up for?

Jamie B4
12-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Thanks Phil,

At the moment I have 3 0.30 standard spacers in the front and none on rear but this is because I am running the losi shock shafts rather than the associated as these tend to snap

Think it work out about 21mm from ballend to bottom of shock body

Also welcome aboard good to have you and your expertise