View Full Version : D4 Lowered or modded rear wing anyone?
gramey
20-05-2007, 09:49 PM
:) Has anyone tried mounting their rear wing lower or cut the wing down from kit height, mine just seems to act as a huge air brake on the straights?:)
PaulRotheram
20-05-2007, 10:03 PM
you can just cut the rear flap down to reduce the effect you're on about..
I know exactly what you mean however.. I don't have a d4, but i get the same effect on my b4 and bj4 when running a full flapped 7 inch wing.
I've about 4 different wings as i belive they are a very useful tuning aid,
full flap,
3/4 flap
1/2 flap
0 flap
Each is very effective through various conditions, somthing you may be interested in trying?
Adam Skelding
21-05-2007, 08:09 AM
:) Has anyone tried mounting their rear wing lower or cut the wing down from kit height, mine just seems to act as a huge air brake on the straights?:)
Hi. I've mounted my wing a little lower than standard.
You can drill a hole between the existing 2 in the shock tower and mount the wing using only 1 screw. The bottom of the wing mounts do spread apart a little but they are held in place by the gear box. I've had no problems running the wing like this.
It does help a little over the jumps. The main thing to try for better jumping is to trim the vertical section at the rear of the wing. I cut min down to about 1/2 height in the centre and flare the cut back up to the full height at the side pods.
Hope this helps.:)
gramey
21-05-2007, 08:47 AM
:) Thanks for that guy's, I'll order some wings and have a play with different height vertical flpas.:)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.