PDA

View Full Version : B4 stright line, side to side 'hop'


Northy
24-05-2007, 11:59 AM
Has anyone else noticed their B4 'hoping' from side to side in a stright line? My mid motor B4 beast was doing it down the stright at Bury, I didn't lift, but it still wasn't nice.:o :o

Any ideas what causes it? :confused: :confused:

G

Southwell
24-05-2007, 12:29 PM
Too hard/too soft suspension? If it's bottoming out it will slap all over the place, if it's too hard it will not soak up the bumps properly and can cause the problem.
It could be that you just dont have enough weight over the backend though, my pred used to do it and they are light at the back.

Northy
24-05-2007, 12:43 PM
Mmmmmmm, my car has a similar weight distribution to a std B4, infact I'm sure the weight is further back.

I've seen std B4's do it too. Where's Elvo when you need him? :D

G

Chris Doughty
24-05-2007, 12:49 PM
my xxx4 was a shocker for doing it at bury metro back straight.

I think its too much rear toe-in that causes it, it gets a bit up in the air, one wheel lands first, its starts driving in the direction that it toes towards, then the other wheel lands, that starts fighting in the oposite direction etc etc...

also, your mid-motor will have less yaw inertia so it might have more effect than having a motor hanging out the back.

Spencer Mulcahy
24-05-2007, 11:18 PM
I think all cars do it at Bury as the straight is so bumpy there is a smoother line down the straight where it isnt as bad. If you change the setup for the sraight you might bugger it up for the rest of the track.

Richard Lowe
25-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Increase the angle on the rear toplinks... ;)

OldTimer
25-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Nothing to do with the 8 single then Northy ;)

Chequered Flag Racing
25-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Has anyone else noticed their B4 'hoping' from side to side in a stright line? My mid motor B4 beast was doing it down the stright at Bury, I didn't lift, but it still wasn't nice.

Any ideas what causes it?

G

below may help :D :D :D


New orings are probably one of the best things you can do to aid the handling of your car! :)

G

BenG
25-05-2007, 12:43 PM
below may help :D :D :D:D:D:D:D

Could it be radio interference, or mild glitching? Perhaps it is static, you should earth your car. ;)

super__dan
25-05-2007, 04:48 PM
My car doesn't do it, is mid motored and has 4 deg toe, I do know what you mean though.

As an aside, you've reminded me way back once when I had chronic interference somewhere, someone told me to get a piece of thin wire (thin aerial wire), attach it to a chassis screw, leave an inch of wire with the end barred as an earthing strap. And it worked! Can't remember when or where though, was yeara ago, literally!