PDA

View Full Version : Shock Wear...


ashleyb4
23-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Hi Guys

Well I only have a few original parts on my xx4. Belt tunnels, Layshaft's and the shocks. The car was bought new febuary 2007. Now basically im wondering if i should replace my shock shafts. Currently got the cash to do it and with 3 years running on them they arent as smooth as they used to be. I replaced one at the start of the year as i broke it. If i was to do it i would change the lot including bodies etc.

Opinions off the experianced guys :)

A

Tom3012
23-01-2010, 08:21 PM
change all the seal etc... and maybe change the shafts if the nitride has worn off... shock bodies should be fine, unless the threads/tops are getting tatty?

_sleigh_
23-01-2010, 08:41 PM
Same here, shafts and shock cartridges (inc. all seals)

if you've ever had heavy damage on a spring, then worth getting a new pair of that rating too.

Bodies should be good for plenty more years yet. I ran shocks on my X6 last year that were from my XXX that I ran back in 2006.

bert digler
23-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Hi Guys

Well I only have a few original parts on my xx4. Belt tunnels, Layshaft's and the shocks. The car was bought new febuary 2007. Now basically im wondering if i should replace my shock shafts. Currently got the cash to do it and with 3 years running on them they arent as smooth as they used to be. I replaced one at the start of the year as i broke it. If i was to do it i would change the lot including bodies etc.

Opinions off the experianced guys :)

A

change the pistons seals and shafts ash keep the shafts for emergency;)

ashleyb4
23-01-2010, 09:17 PM
I change the seals every few meetings. I think i will change the shaft's cheers guys :)

A