PDA

View Full Version : flashing LED light tutorial for the F1


qatmix
31-01-2010, 11:24 AM
Had a little time on my hands so made a led set for my F109. So made a quick tutorial on making a cheap flashing led for a F1 :)

http://thercracer.blogspot.com/2010/01/f1-led-light-tutorial.html

tymill
31-01-2010, 11:47 AM
neat. would be really cool to somehow wire it up such that it shines when braking - like a real brake light.

Battle_axe
31-01-2010, 12:14 PM
neat. would be really cool to somehow wire it up such that it shines when braking - like a real brake light.
you could but you would have to use a pic micro controler to do read the signal from the reciver to make it work

qatmix
31-01-2010, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I'm working on a tutorial for one of those as well.. :)

Battle_axe
31-01-2010, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I'm working on a tutorial for one of those as well.. :)
cool if you need any help i will see what i can do :)

Mad-Wolfie
31-01-2010, 08:08 PM
you could but you would have to use a pic micro controler to do read the signal from the reciver to make it work

not neccesarily.. you make it as a capacitor based circuit so the brake lights / LED's comes on as the capacitor is discharging, while the motor gets power it will keep charging the capacitor but as soon the power is cut the cap will discharge.

I made one for a college project, but it's a good while since i left college & the circuit diagram i designed probably went the same way as the student grant! Although i designed it to work on a brushed motor by wiring across the motor terminals, however i'm sure scotch-locking motor wires (even on a brushless) would work as well

qatmix
01-02-2010, 01:17 PM
Yup, I made a circuit like that for my old brushed system. However I dont know if it would work with brushless as I am sure it always supply current.

Anyone know?

DCM
01-02-2010, 01:40 PM
you would need to split the signal from the receiver to the esc, so you can pickup the throttle position.

mark christopher
01-02-2010, 01:51 PM
but F1 cars dont have brake lights???

DCM
01-02-2010, 01:57 PM
I actually thought about it, for sticking LED's in behind the front wheels, so when you hit the brakes, there was a red glow...

Battle_axe
01-02-2010, 04:38 PM
the above capacitor based circuit wont work with brushless motors a microcontroler has to be used so you can see the thottle sick position

terry.sc
01-02-2010, 06:43 PM
a microcontroler has to be used so you can see the thottle sick positionFor a simple on/off switch you can build it around a NOR gate or a CMOS flip flop, or the simple no circuit building way is to modify a servo control board. Knocked up plenty of them for work and they worked fine. All it needs to know is if the input signal is higher or lower than its reference.

tymill
25-03-2010, 02:13 AM
this is neat -- not necessarily useful -- but neat nonetheless!

Not just stop lights, but turn signals as well!;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zSXuHv1-Ug&feature=related

this video was made by new fellow oOpler panaba453 (http://www.oople.com/forums/member.php?u=7670).

Cheers,
Ty

sldmodels
18-04-2010, 06:54 PM
I did something similar in a mini-z race that was 30mins in the dark. I put in a reverse light, a basic white led that lit up when I reversed, but didn't light up when I went forward. Obviously, mini-z's deal in smaller voltages, but the theory is the same, you'd just need to do as Ian said by using a capacitor in the circuit.

petemid8
19-04-2010, 11:28 PM
Can you get a mini mercury switch to do it maybe?