View Full Version : Cougar SV info and price announced!
jimmy
03-02-2010, 02:43 PM
Once again Schumacher have surprised us by releasing information on the new Cougar SV a day earlier than previously announced. The car is to be shown at the Nuremberg Toyfair from tomorrow but full information is now available on the Schumacher website.
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/cougarearlyagain01x.jpg
Along with the full-on competition carbon car shown above that won the BRCA Winter Open Championship in the hands of Simon Moss - Schumacher have announced a more affordable 'S1' composite chassis version of the car at a very keen price of £189.99, whilst the carbon car is priced at £269.99
Accepts either stick or saddle (with optional tray) lipo batteries - For superb versatility.
Unique constant radius steering system - Offers ultimate ackerman and linear steering response.
Mid-motor position - Delivers awesome balance on the track and when jumping.
Pro spec 13mm big bore shocks with titanium nitride shafts, CNC machined pistons with recessed eclips, threaded collars, twin O ring sealing and diaphragm volume compensation.
PTFE coated shock bodies - Hard, and super smooth shock action.
Quick release topdeck system - For optimised rigidity, yet fast, easy battery removal.
Multi position rear shock layout, in front or behind the drive axle - Offers improved suspension tuning for both smooth and heavily rutted track types.
Industry standard wheel fitment, with medium width front wheels as standard.
Ultra compact transmission design - Minimal weight, with maximum strength.
Interchangeable, internal gear ratios - Optimise your gear ratios for all track conditions.
All CNC machined geared transmission - Super quiet and efficient.
Motor rotates the same direction as the wheels creating a car with superb jumping responsiveness.
Perfect centre line balance - Great control for all track surfaces.
Adjustable height differential, with zero geometry change - Allows for optimised driveshaft plunge angle.
Multi adjustable bushed pivot control system - Super smooth, multi position suspension action.
Fully optimised suspension geometry - Fast, consistent handling.
Maximum dimension rear wing - Superb airflow control, offering maximum down force.
Aerodynamic body and undertray design - Cool look and great functionality with minimum dirt pick up.
Competition pro differential - Small diameter, lightweight unit offering low rotating mass.
Purple 7075 T6 alloy motor plate, lower diff mounts, rear suspension pivot straps and front axles. - Strong yet lightweight.
26 piece ball bearing set - Gives silky steering and transmission.
High tensile steel, titanium nitride coated shock shafts - Strong with ultimate long life action.
Available also in the popular S1 version for racers with an eye on cost. Great performance, strength and great price!!
S1 Specification includes;
-Tough S1 composite chassis and top deck with optimised flex.
-Tough S1 composite shock towers.
-Simplified shock design for ease of use.
-S1 spec carbon chrome diff balls & thrust bearing.
jimmy
03-02-2010, 02:44 PM
http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/misc/news/cougarearlyagain01.jpg
simoncrabb
03-02-2010, 02:50 PM
Nice work. Good prices! They'll sell a bucket load.
mark christopher
03-02-2010, 02:51 PM
http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Car_Showroom/images/cougar_no_steering_1000.jpg
Jamie.T
03-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Looks awesome, cant wait to get mine.
Any dates confirmed yet as to when they will available?
Jamie....
Timee80
03-02-2010, 02:52 PM
beautifullllll:thumbsup:
Chris Doughty
03-02-2010, 02:54 PM
Top Speed: 40 MPH+
:woot: :thumbsup:
Joking aside, this does look awesome. good job Schumacher.
back to joking again... purple... really!? :cry:
mikeyscott
03-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Does the S1 include the big bore shocks?
Price about what people thought.
I'll be ordering mine as soon as...
Timee80
03-02-2010, 02:59 PM
still no exact date yet? that looks sexual!!!
Chris Doughty
03-02-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm intrigued to know what the adjustment nut on the oppo side to the spur gear does on the layshaft...
Variable braking system?
think that adjusts the slipper.... but I could be wrong.
Chris Doughty
03-02-2010, 03:31 PM
yeah, Ive been informed now.
changing spur doesn't adjust the slipper, I like it :thumbsup:
mark christopher
03-02-2010, 03:35 PM
Does the S1 include the big bore shocks?
Price about what people thought.
I'll be ordering mine as soon as...
S1 Specification includes;
-Tough S1 composite chassis and top deck with optimised flex.
-Tough S1 composite shock towers.
-Simplified shock design for ease of use.
-S1 spec carbon chrome diff balls & thrust bearing.
are they big bore with simple pistons and clip spring adjusters, or smaller?
Garry
03-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Whats the betting that the ''simplified shock design'' on the S1 version, are the old bottom fill shocks from the CAT 3000? They reused the old design shocks on the S1 version of the Mi4LP touring car.
Very tempted to get one though!
V-Rossi
03-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Interesting concept, not a big fan of the looks of the car though...
Chris Doughty
03-02-2010, 04:05 PM
has anyone else noticed that on the car with the saddle pack batteries in it, the shocks are on the back of the rear arms/tower!?
I was looking at the pic I posted the other day, and thought that the shocks could be swapped from the front to the rear, and the roll bar...
Chris Ashton
03-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Correct, shocks can be mounted front or rear.
Chris Doughty
03-02-2010, 04:16 PM
thats ace, I wondered if Mr Missing Washer had been at the car again :woot: :thumbsup:
MHeadling
03-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Looks great! I have got one on order and have a nice new lo pro Savox servo ready for it!
Danosborne6661
03-02-2010, 04:43 PM
Do you have to run a low profile servo by the way?
Looks like 4WD Front pins too?
Looks like Rossmod has the official specs and prices now too! Pre-ordered mine today, can't wait!
Can't fault the price and service, great bunch of lads.:thumbsup:
http://www.rossmod.co.uk/store.php?search=1&value=260
jimmy
03-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Do you have to run a low profile servo by the way?
Looks like 4WD Front pins too?
no, a full size servo fits fine. it's on a slant like a 12th pan car.
Alfonzo
03-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Love it. I want one. Well done Schumacher.
MikePimlott
03-02-2010, 05:08 PM
What a work of Art, Price is good too especially the S1. would like to see the 2 side by side
:thumbsup: proper job
RogerM
03-02-2010, 05:18 PM
I have to say hats off to them. As a design engineer in the automotive industry I'm impressed with the way they have put that together. If it goes as well as it looks on all surfaces it is going to be a real challenger. I'm sure we'll see plenty of them on track this summer.
Looking forward to seeing what Shin (Kyosho) comes up with in answer to the SV though.
johnboy
03-02-2010, 05:29 PM
It looks a well thought out car, some nice idea's.
and cheaper than its rival mid motored cars also with a nicer finish:thumbsup:
Whose going to have the lowest price, for the S1 though.... be interesting to see.
S1 shocks? which type are they, small bore threaded like on the cat sx ver1 or ???
Jamie.T
03-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Rossendale models currently in the lead with £249.99. Anybody seen it cheaper elsewhere?
Jamie.....
MikePimlott
03-02-2010, 06:09 PM
MK £249.95 :thumbsup: Bargain
poopers
03-02-2010, 06:27 PM
DMS £242.95 :D
David Church
03-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Good Job to all at Schumacher!!!!! Can't wait to get my hands on this sexy beast!!!!:thumbsup:
MHeadling
03-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Common March hurry and get here so I can get my one.
Is it a kit or built? Sorry if its been said already but been looking at the pretty pictures :wub
Darren Boyle
03-02-2010, 06:34 PM
DMS £242.95 :D
That is our price for the PRO in kit form (K111). We will have the S1 versions from £169.95 too (K113) and will be stocking all FOUR versions including the pre-assembled ones (K112 and K114)...
Darren Boyle
03-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Common March hurry and get here so I can get my one.
Is it a kit or built? Sorry if its been said already but been looking at the pretty pictures :wub Depends on which one of the four you have pre-ordered Mark!!! :woot:
MHeadling
03-02-2010, 06:36 PM
Cheers for clearing that up dude! :thumbsup: hhhmmm not sure what one I have coming I will have to check.................
poopers
03-02-2010, 06:39 PM
The S1 is looking like a very good deal. Has anyone got any pics of that yet, or are those coming at the toy fair?
mikeyscott
03-02-2010, 07:06 PM
I am going for the unbuilt one as my pre built cat sx wasn't very good. Bits missing, no threadlock on the required bits.
I'll do it myself this time. I got the phil booth one last time which did have the extra bits.
No big bores on the S1 has confirmed by Schumacher when I asked them otherwise I'd seriously consider the S1
Toy fair pics http://www.redrc.net/2010/02/toy-fair-2010-schumacher-cougar-sv/
CHEVY
03-02-2010, 07:46 PM
says alot prebuilt kits theard locked:thumbdown:
Panic
03-02-2010, 08:25 PM
nice looking car ! maybe its time to sell my rb5 ?!?
MK Racing
03-02-2010, 09:11 PM
MK £249.95 :thumbsup: Bargain
Plus our price includes delivery, others do charge extra for this ;)
After speaking to Schumacher today, I think the shocks on the S1 version will not be the ones from the CAT SX, it looks like they will be using the older style ones as used on their RTR's.
Mr Knight.... your getting my vote... get me on the pre-order for the S1 kit (K113?)
Stevo
03-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Our price also includes free delivery with excellent customer service.
Nick Goodall
03-02-2010, 09:31 PM
Have to say i think it's a work of art from the pics, so so sooo nice to see something so different, and great to have a Schumacher 2wd car out there again
bigred5765
03-02-2010, 09:40 PM
says alot prebuilt kits theard locked:thumbdown:
have i missed something,??
Garry Driffill
03-02-2010, 09:44 PM
have i missed something,??
Ditto?
I do wonder if he thinks with the shocks coming from the RTR model its going to be a pre-built car?
bigred5765
03-02-2010, 10:01 PM
ahh kinda makes sence now,
IceMike
03-02-2010, 10:09 PM
can i ask, were both versions being used at worksop??? im wondering if both were bein shown and demoed
benknight13
03-02-2010, 10:12 PM
http://www.speedymodels.com/cougar-sv---schumacher-cougar-sv-2wd-competiton-buggy-1857-p.asp
£1.50 postege:thumbsup:
jimmy
03-02-2010, 10:14 PM
I haven't ever heard of the S1 version apart from today. That said - I did hear there would be a budget version with small dampers at some point, but there wasn't anything like that at Worksop.
Dave Dodd
03-02-2010, 10:26 PM
pro version
http://www.autocareandcycles.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=261&osCsid=0cd1237bf5af648b4a397ee5eb275a51
S1 version
http://www.autocareandcycles.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=260
free delivery uk only :thumbsup:
hopefully arriving March-April 2010 (spring)
New pricing also carriage to Europe available..
MikePimlott
03-02-2010, 10:32 PM
PRICE WAR :thumbsup:
were going to have it under £200 before its released :woot:
mark christopher
03-02-2010, 10:33 PM
Ditto?
I do wonder if he thinks with the shocks coming from the RTR model its going to be a pre-built car?
it is you can buy both as a kit or pre built
can i ask, were both versions being used at worksop??? im wondering if both were bein shown and demoed
nope all were full blown cars
http://www.roundabouttoys.com/store/product/26708/Schumacher-Cougar-SV-2WD-Kit/
Darren Boyle
03-02-2010, 10:49 PM
PRICE WAR :thumbsup:
were going to have it under £200 before its released :woot:
LOL :woot: - Buy one get one FREE soon
Its not just about price guys, its about supporting your local/favoured stores with your loyal custom, choosing a store who WILL be able to deliver when they are in demand (from stock), a store who will offer all the spares and support (from stock) and will be able to supply quickly and give knowlegable help and advice when needed to compliment the purchase.... I am sure ALL the regular shops up and down the country will ALL sell these really well (even if they are a pound higher or two here or there).
Our shop price is amongst the cheapest on some variants of the car (even with p and p ;)) and slightly more than some on other variants, but we have still taken lots of pre-orders across the board on all four models today. Some will get posted out to mail order customers (who will pay the postage) and other will be collected in store when they arrive and benefit from our cheaper price without postage (since not EVERYONE uses mail order).
I am sure that some shops will beat the next by whatever it takes to claim to be "cheapest" but will they have them in stock when it counts.... we will see.
Good thing is from Schumachers point of view, LOTS of interest and pre-orders from LOTS of thier shops/dealers :thumbsup:
Edit, I must chuckle though at some of the stores websites who are showing it as IN STOCK already (gotta love inaccurate stock checkers....)
Nothing like a good bout of healthy competition, as we all know, there are lots of model shop workers/owners on here!
Darren Boyle
03-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Nothing like a good bout of healthy competition, as we all know, there are lots of model shop workers/owners on here! And they have all come out to play today!! :thumbsup: Quite right though, competition is always good, in all aspects.
I am still waiting for the first shop to advertise "BOGOF" though :woot:
MikePimlott
03-02-2010, 11:14 PM
And they have all come out to play today!! :thumbsup: Quite right though, competition is always good, in all aspects.
I am still waiting for the first shop to advertise "BOGOF" though :woot:
Come one Darren. Get it up on your web site. special BOGOF offer :woot:
Darren Boyle
03-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Come one Darren. Get it up on your web site. special BOGOF offer :woot:
LOL :thumbsup:
If there was that much profit in the R/C Industry to do that you would not see me on the PC most nights at gone 11pm talking to customers via PM's and on forums etc, I would be out crusing around in my Ferrari...... :D
As it happens I have been at our Chiltern MId South BRCA regional meeting all night and only got back about an hour or so ago instead....
I know that Ross Mods have to show stock so that people can pre order on line.
As there system wont let people pre order without stock.
There not tying to fool people into thinking they have them in stock.
They will get them at the same time as everyone else.:thumbsup:
Jamie.T
04-02-2010, 09:02 AM
.
They will get them at the same time as everyone else.:thumbsup:
As Darren said, we will see when it matters.
I for one will be ordering from a shop that actualy carries the spares IN STOCK and can give helpfull advice in an area they know very well. I dont mind paying an extra £1 or two as its not all about price.
Jamie....
eichkay
04-02-2010, 09:54 AM
very very cool design ... i got my local in australia to order me one of the pro cf spec kits today. Gotta have the CF bling and them big bores look outstanding.. also wondering if the S1 kit is running cheaper bearings and missing out on the titanium bits.
MK Racing
04-02-2010, 10:38 AM
PRICE WAR :thumbsup:
were going to have it under £200 before its released :woot:
LOL!!! Let me know if you find a shop offering that price & I will buy my stock from them.........
MK Racing
04-02-2010, 10:49 AM
LOL :woot: - Buy one get one FREE soon
Its not just about price guys, its about supporting your local/favoured stores with your loyal custom, choosing a store who WILL be able to deliver when they are in demand (from stock), a store who will offer all the spares and support (from stock) and will be able to supply quickly and give knowlegable help and advice when needed to compliment the purchase.... I am sure ALL the regular shops up and down the country will ALL sell these really well (even if they are a pound higher or two here or there).
Our shop price is amongst the cheapest on some variants of the car (even with p and p ;)) and slightly more than some on other variants, but we have still taken lots of pre-orders across the board on all four models today. Some will get posted out to mail order customers (who will pay the postage) and other will be collected in store when they arrive and benefit from our cheaper price without postage (since not EVERYONE uses mail order).
I am sure that some shops will beat the next by whatever it takes to claim to be "cheapest" but will they have them in stock when it counts.... we will see.
Good thing is from Schumachers point of view, LOTS of interest and pre-orders from LOTS of thier shops/dealers :thumbsup:
Edit, I must chuckle though at some of the stores websites who are showing it as IN STOCK already (gotta love inaccurate stock checkers....)
I have to agree with Darren :o its not always about the price, its about customer service & aftersales support, we have taken pre-order before it was officaly anounced!!!!
I do not charge delivery for kits as 90% of my business is mail order, I can understand why Darren charges postage ontop, as he gets a lot of instore customers.
As always with a new kit release, numbers will be limited & there will be a high demand, especialy when it looks as good as this, if some shops want to sell them & make a £10 profit, thats upto them:eh?:
Stevo
04-02-2010, 11:17 AM
Hey guys i've just been reading some of the earlier comments about price matching and all of that and I think DMS raised some good points! We currently list the different cougars as in stock so people can pre-order them, not because we are claiming to have them or that we are in some way more exclusive than anyone else.
Rossendale Models is most well known for large scale r/c. However, we have done 1/8th and 1/10th in the past, very successfully too, and we are looking to get back into these scenes once again. The more of you guys support us, the better the prices will be and the more stock we will carry, so everybody wins.:thumbsup:
Back to pricing on the cougar, we will always try to match any genuine UK price so it is always worth getting in touch to talk with us. We constantly run special deals on other items too (chargers, batteries, receivers etc.), some of which may not even make it to the web before they are snatched up in store, so it is always worth giving us a call!
Gibbon666
04-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Pre-Order price is up on our site.
http://www.roundabouttoys.com/store/product/26708/Schumacher-Cougar-SV-2WD-Kit/
Dave Dodd
04-02-2010, 11:38 AM
We currently list the different cougars as in stock so people can pre-order them, not because we are claiming to have them or that we are in some way more exclusive than anyone else.
Back to pricing on the cougar, we will always try to match any genuine UK price so it is always worth getting in touch to talk with us.
we are in a situation like RossMod too, were we have to show items in stock otherwise we would not be able to offer pre orders.
Chris Doughty
04-02-2010, 12:36 PM
I feel like I am in the minority for not owning an RC shop here... :woot: :thumbsup:
millzy
04-02-2010, 12:56 PM
....
mikeyscott
04-02-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm happy with my B4, but I'm still getting a Cougar.
BMAX-4 standard going up for sale as I can't be bothered with it.
Lowie
05-02-2010, 02:29 AM
what may be the purpose of the fact that the diff can be mounted higher and lower?
WHy should one do this? What is the advantage of this feature?
burgie
05-02-2010, 09:29 AM
as in the X6, altering the height of the diff can generate more grip (or less grip).
Would I notice?
Probably not. :(
Chris Doughty
05-02-2010, 10:24 AM
the further the diff is away from the lower hinge pin (higher diff) the more driveshaft plunge you get and the 'stiffer' the rear end is on power
burgie
05-02-2010, 10:26 AM
the further the diff is away from the lower hinge pin (higher diff) the more driveshaft plunge you get and the 'stiffer' the rear end is on power
just what i was thinking.....:D
blue_pinky
05-02-2010, 11:30 AM
as in the X6, altering the height of the diff can generate more grip (or less grip).
Would I notice?
Probably not. :(
I've moved it on my x6 in the past and was amazed how much difference i did notice...I didn't expect to notice it at all!
Can def see why it'd be useful.
Dazzler
05-02-2010, 11:44 AM
So if you lower it, you'll then loose grip/traction. What benefits do you then gain when the diff is lower? It must have advantages and disadvantages for both positions and i've probably read it somewhere, but can't remember . . .
burgie
05-02-2010, 11:47 AM
if you loose grip on the rear, then you will gain steering....maybe a useful adjustment when you have tried everything else and you are still looking for that little bit more?
RogerM
05-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Any idea yet how much adjustment there is on the SV for diff height?
It is something I have played with a lot on the ZX5-FS, makes a huge difference .. just remembered I meant to mention that to somebody when discussing setups ... oopss
Chris Doughty
05-02-2010, 12:36 PM
though i have never tested it on an adjustable height 2WD car, high diff's lock up the rear of the car on power, lower diffs make it free'er on power
one of the reasons the xxx4 was so bad on the bumps was because of the huge diff's leaving the outdrives really high, compare that with the diff on the xx4 and how good that was (is) on the bumps.
I think on 2WD the diff height (with regard to 'grip' ) higher makes it square up more on corner exit (on power) and lower makes it softer so more roll and general 'grip' ?
- I'm not entirely sure on this as ive never tried and adjustable diff height 2WD car
EDIT - having said all that, theories are great, but actual testing of something attached to a specific car with all its other geometries working together is what really counts so the effect of diff height in the cougar could be slightly different to that in the X6.
DaveG28
05-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Sorry for the dumb question, but would a higher diff at the back give more or less on power traction then?
Danosborne6661
05-02-2010, 04:55 PM
Preordered :)
Any info on the S1 version shocks yet? Big, little, threaded, none threaded, top fill, bottom fill, 2years old or 10years old design?
mikeyscott
06-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Any info on the S1 version shocks yet? Big, little, threaded, none threaded, top fill, bottom fill, 2years old or 10years old design?
Schumacher emailed me when I asked about the S1, they won't be big bore. I imagine they'll be like the current Cat SX shocks. If there is an updated Cat SX that'll get the big bore and I imagine the S1 will stay the same...
We'll find out in due course. If they are doing a Cat SX update I'm hoping they either do a update pack for existing owners or don't charge the earth for things like big bore shocks (otherwise I'll just stick with Losi shocks etc)
My Cat SX has had so far
one way layshaft
front and rear alloy shock mounts (latest rear ones)
LIPO friendly stiff chassis (also got an S1 version)
Updated top deck
M4 front end
rear shock conversion kit
one way diff - up for sale
med flex wishbones
1 degree rear blocks on order
So the only thing I can think off that I haven't had and they may release are:
Updated slipper
Updated wisbones
Updated diff cups
Big Bore shocks.
The other way of doing it is a "works" kit with all the options
mark christopher
06-02-2010, 10:26 AM
Schumacher emailed me when I asked about the S1, they won't be big bore. I imagine they'll be like the current Cat SX shocks. If there is an updated Cat SX that'll get the big bore and I imagine the S1 will stay the same...
it has been spoted on here that thay will be the old style pre cat sx shocks
bigred5765
06-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Any idea yet how much adjustment there is on the SV for diff height?
It is something I have played with a lot on the ZX5-FS, makes a huge difference .. just remembered I meant to mention that to somebody when discussing setups ... oopss
im guessing same as the cat sx
mikeyscott
06-02-2010, 10:36 AM
im guessing same as the cat sx
I like the sound of that.
That reminds me I may try the rear Cat diff high this week...
mw02veg
06-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Why ?
mikeyscott
06-02-2010, 02:07 PM
Why ?
I'm not now, but I was going to experiment with it for TORCH.
So leaving it as both diffs low
jaank
07-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Would like to see how the Carbon/Plastic versions changes the flex
and how its changes the traction.
Maybe is there a setup sheet for a carbon and for plastic.
mikeyscott
07-02-2010, 04:26 PM
I'd be interested in the S1 if they included the big bore shocks,
bigred5765
07-02-2010, 05:05 PM
why?
mikeyscott
07-02-2010, 05:26 PM
why?
Price and the forgiving chassis
I have per ordered the k111 kit anyway
bigred5765
07-02-2010, 05:28 PM
dont no if it needs a forgiving chassis. yet
mikeyscott
07-02-2010, 05:31 PM
True
luismracing
07-02-2010, 06:16 PM
With the war´s price finally the shops have a small profit in sales and it´s difficult have a large stocks if the benefit can afford to put back the spare parts and kits.
Wouldnt´be better that all the shops establish same prices on kits??
This way all shops earn the same (now there are shops that so as to sell, lower the prices up to the cost.... there is not solution if some shops go on this line) and customers only need choose the shop for aftersales service and customer support.
Same price all shops=customers choose the better service...It´s easy.
This way we can mantain the R/C shops industry and a lot of jobs.
It´s only my point of view that only have "20 years" experience in R/C competion&sales..
I´m owner of a shop in Spain and distributor of Schumacher in Spain since 2001...I´m waiting for my Cougar alsoĦĦĦ
Dazzler
07-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Same price all shops=customers choose the better service...It´s easy.
This way we can mantain the R/C shops industry and a lot of jobs.
It´s only my point of view that only have "20 years" experience in R/C competion&sales..
I´m owner of a shop in Spain and distributor of Schumacher in Spain since 2001...I´m waiting for my Cougar alsoĦĦĦ
I assume you are going to put the full RRP throught the till for yours then? Or are you going to take advantage of being a shop owner and have one at cost? When spending our hard earned money, most people like to get a good deal, not necessarily the cheapest, but not the most expensive either.
However it would make life a lot easier if all shops sold them at the same cheap price :woot:
luismracing
07-02-2010, 07:05 PM
Dazzler.. the R/C shops have a smaller profit margins than the people think...I have also to work hard (more than 10 hours a day a lot of days) to earn my hard money...
If we´ll have a large margins, all shops owners will drive a Ferrari.. and not further from the real life.
According to you to sell at lower prices as posible... but take in mind that Shops are not ONG´s...
Obviously I will get my Cougar at cost price... but it´s not more cheaper than you can get in the shop...believe me.
Regards from Spain
Dazzler
07-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Luis,
The point really is that we do the same with everything we buy, it's not just a model shop thing. Now as for having a kit at cost, you could say it is a perk of the job. But I also work atleast 10 hours a day to earn at my own business, now I get no perk apart from a wage, and then I have to buy at lets say full price to support your argument. So you also work 10 hours, you take a wage from your business and then from your wage you want to buy a discounted product, allbeit from your own business? So the average customer wants to do the same. Simple. I'm not saying shops should cut their throats to deliver good deals, but when customers are buying over the internet, they will compare prices. I don't have the luxury of having a decent model shop carrying good stock of kits and spares near by so internet buying and paying postage is far cheaper than driving around the country for me. My prefered model shops are hundreds of miles away and i've never even been in their shops, the ones I have used previously on smaller orders and recieved good prompt service are also my prefered ones when making larger purchases. Lets be clear, I would not buy from somewhere I'd never used for the sake of a few pounds, but the difference already being quoted on this kit at various well know shops is worth consideration.
I enjoy having a browse round a good model shop and would as a foot customer like to visit, buy and walk out with goods, but it' just not practical for me.
MK Racing
07-02-2010, 08:55 PM
im guessing same as the cat sx
As I posted earlier in this thread, the S1 will not have big bores or even the SX shocks, the shocks will be the same design as used on their RTR cars that fill from the bottom.
bigred5765
07-02-2010, 09:06 PM
As I posted earlier in this thread, the S1 will not have big bores or even the SX shocks, the shocks will be the same design as used on their RTR cars that fill from the bottom.
sorry mark, if you read the thread above mine, i was talking about diff height
MK Racing
07-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Sorry Carl, I quoted the wrong post, this is the one i ment to quote:
Schumacher emailed me when I asked about the S1, they won't be big bore. I imagine they'll be like the current Cat SX shocks.
Marc
bigred5765
07-02-2010, 09:47 PM
lol no worries
eichkay
08-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Wonder how many pre-orders are out there... and which person on oople gets the glory of posting there built car up first.
mark christopher
08-02-2010, 11:58 AM
With the war´s price finally the shops have a small profit in sales and it´s difficult have a large stocks if the benefit can afford to put back the spare parts and kits.
Wouldnt´be better that all the shops establish same prices on kits??
This way all shops earn the same (now there are shops that so as to sell, lower the prices up to the cost.... there is not solution if some shops go on this line) and customers only need choose the shop for aftersales service and customer support.
Same price all shops=customers choose the better service...It´s easy.
This way we can mantain the R/C shops industry and a lot of jobs.
It´s only my point of view that only have "20 years" experience in R/C competion&sales..
I´m owner of a shop in Spain and distributor of Schumacher in Spain since 2001...I´m waiting for my Cougar alsoĦĦĦ
I assume you are going to put the full RRP throught the till for yours then? Or are you going to take advantage of being a shop owner and have one at cost? When spending our hard earned money, most people like to get a good deal, not necessarily the cheapest, but not the most expensive either.
However it would make life a lot easier if all shops sold them at the same cheap price :woot:
if all the shops in the uk got together and said right were all charging £250 there would be one solution
they would all end up in courts as its illegal for companies to do that!
Darren Boyle
08-02-2010, 12:04 PM
At the end of the day, the individual price is up to each shop. Some feel they have to be cheapest by every last penny, no matter what to get the sale and other stores will still some a few at FULL RRP. We try to give a price that is fair, represents good value for the customers and a price that ensures we will continue to be around in the industry to support what we have sold. It is no good giving stuff away for no profit since you wont have a shop around to supply you for very long.
As several have said in the thread already, it is not all about price.. take Hamleys in London as an example, they sell more Tamiya cars in a week than most shops do in a year, have you seen their prices?? Thats how they are one of the largest toy shops in the world!
Thomas B
10-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Any news on the Race S1? Pictures? Relese date?
bigred5765
10-02-2010, 10:59 PM
Any news on the Race S1? Pictures? Relese date?
imconfused what do you mean,
pro4nut
11-02-2010, 08:30 AM
if all the shops in the uk got together and said right were all charging £250 there would be one solution
they would all end up in courts as its illegal for companies to do that!
Not quite true Mark, retailers selling similar products often have arrangements with pricing and not just to keep prices high.
Consider the price of a playstation 3, what is the cheapest you can buy it for on the high street? (not online)
There are many things that are not fully legal which still occur, although you are right price arrangements do end up in court, milk in supermarkets being an interesting one.
Also distributers and manufacturers often have an allowed variance from the RRP if someone goes to far below that price they find stock very difficult to come by. A major high street phone retailer found itself having one of the manufacturers refusing to supply it over pricing, so actually had to import 'grey' stock to cover the shortfall.
mark christopher
11-02-2010, 11:01 AM
Not quite true Mark, retailers selling similar products often have arrangements with pricing and not just to keep prices high.
Consider the price of a playstation 3, what is the cheapest you can buy it for on the high street? (not online)
There are many things that are not fully legal which still occur, although you are right price arrangements do end up in court, milk in supermarkets being an interesting one.
Also distributers and manufacturers often have an allowed variance from the RRP if someone goes to far below that price they find stock very difficult to come by. A major high street phone retailer found itself having one of the manufacturers refusing to supply it over pricing, so actually had to import 'grey' stock to cover the shortfall.
try reading this
http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/layer?topicId=1074014670
if companies come together and fix a price, its illegal, im not talking distributers.
my example is if dms. mk racing microtech all had a get together and said right lets charge £250 for it, the above link applies
carlin
11-02-2010, 11:54 AM
It's very illegal as Mark C says CARTEL i believe ;) someone tried doing that while back saying no names.
I used to do alot of cycling & you will find alot of cycle shops all the RRP are the same which has always been strange one. Je James - Lesuire Lakes - Evans etc just naming a few.
Though i have found to keep the CARTEL out of play they offer like 10% of anything you by with the sale like SPD's - Cycle lights - Helmets so on. So just proves thier is way round the system.
frogger
11-02-2010, 12:03 PM
It's illegal for shops to come together and price fix but I believe it's not illegal for a manufacturer to insist that all shops sell at RRP and no lower. I know that when I was looking around to buy my GoPro Hero HD helmet camera I spoke with 2 shops that said they are not allowed to sell below the RRP of the product, it's a condition of being supplied by the manufacturer. So maybe not as straight forward as it first seems.
Danosborne6661
11-02-2010, 12:09 PM
It's illegal for shops to come together and price fix but I believe it's not illegal for a manufacturer to insist that all shops sell at RRP and no lower. I know that when I was looking around to buy my GoPro Hero HD helmet camera I spoke with 2 shops that said they are not allowed to sell below the RRP of the product, it's a condition of being supplied by the manufacturer. So maybe not as straight forward as it first seems.
Also the Apple iPhone, Apple make it so the Mobile companies can't negotiate with tariffs.
My Cougar was £229.99 from Roundabout Toys, couldn't really beat that in my opinion :O
coolcars782
11-02-2010, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=frogger;342970]It's illegal for shops to come together and price fix[QUOTE]
Why cant shops do this? Why is it illegal?
frogger
11-02-2010, 12:21 PM
Why cant shops do this? Why is it illegal?
Read the above link that Mark Cristopher posted. It's because it's anti competitive.
Gibbon666
11-02-2010, 12:25 PM
I thought that was what Hasbro got in trouble for - price fixing.
As far as I know, they can't set the price you sell at - hence the name Recommended Retail Price (RRP) or Suggested Retail Price (SRP).
It's illegal for shops to come together and price fix but I believe it's not illegal for a manufacturer to insist that all shops sell at RRP and no lower. I know that when I was looking around to buy my GoPro Hero HD helmet camera I spoke with 2 shops that said they are not allowed to sell below the RRP of the product, it's a condition of being supplied by the manufacturer. So maybe not as straight forward as it first seems.
frogger
11-02-2010, 12:26 PM
I thought that was what Hasbro got in trouble for - price fixing.
As far as I know, they can't set the price you sell at - hence the name Recommended Retail Price (RRP) or Suggested Retail Price (SRP).
I guess they mean that retailers are welcome to sell above the RRP :D
CBRDEAN0
11-02-2010, 12:50 PM
It's illegal for shops to come together and price fix but I believe it's not illegal for a manufacturer to insist that all shops sell at RRP and no lower.
As a manufacturer - We sell our products all over the world - we legally can not force our distributors to sell at a fixed price.
Once they have purchased an item - they are within their rights to sell it for whatever they wish to sell it for.
As has been said before - it's anti-competetive
racingdwarf
11-02-2010, 01:02 PM
It's illegal for shops to come together and price fix but I believe it's not illegal for a manufacturer to insist that all shops sell at RRP and no lower. I know that when I was looking around to buy my GoPro Hero HD helmet camera I spoke with 2 shops that said they are not allowed to sell below the RRP of the product, it's a condition of being supplied by the manufacturer. So maybe not as straight forward as it first seems.
yer...I have had a 10% or more in some cases, discount from my LHS for around ten years+ But when I bought a phenix flight sim I was told they had to charge me full RRP, no less! as if phenix (or importer?) found anyone giving discounts they would stop supply instantly:woot:.
Thomas B
11-02-2010, 07:19 PM
imconfused what do you mean,
There are two versions. Cougar SV Pro CF and Race S1. Race S1 version will have different shock absorbers and less cf.
What I wonder is if there are any pictures of race s1 version?
bigred5765
11-02-2010, 09:19 PM
not seen any but i guess its not hard to picture it,it's the same car with the purple shock body's on i posted earlier in the thread,so i guess if you go look at the one on the schuy site you'll be able to see what your after,its the same car just made for the racer that got a bit of Yorkshire man in him lol,
toppers3933
11-02-2010, 09:28 PM
technically, it is illegal for either a group of shops or an importer/ manufacturer to fix a price and prevent others from deviating from it. that doesnt mean it doesnt happen as there are all sorts of ways round it but they shouldnt.
the thing with discounting too much is it devalues the brand. and that is why manufacturers dont like it.
niggs98
11-02-2010, 09:54 PM
,its the same car just made for the racer that got a bit of Yorkshire man in him lol,
im sure there is a comment there that could be rather rude :woot::wtf:
Rookie
12-02-2010, 12:47 AM
after reading this topic i dont know who to put my pre order in with LOL
stegger
12-02-2010, 07:22 AM
im sure there is a comment there that could be rather rude :woot::wtf:
The war of the ROSES rages on :p:woot:
Reevsey
12-02-2010, 08:46 AM
I thought that was what Hasbro got in trouble for - price fixing.
As far as I know, they can't set the price you sell at - hence the name Recommended Retail Price (RRP) or Suggested Retail Price (SRP).
As i am a Buyer for the Biggest UK retalier i know quiet alot about this topic!!
The RRP is as above the Recommended Retail Price, This only means one thing it is Recommended!!
The Retailer can sell the product for what ever they like. So if the RRP is £229 Retailer A could chose to sell it for £249 and Retailer B could sell it for £199, and if they so wished to use it as a lost leader they could sell below cost and sell it for £99. In other countries such as Ireland it is even illegal to sell a product below cost, a law designed to protect the small independant retailers.
The Manufacture
It is illegal for a manufacture to stop supply of a product to a retailer as a result of the price they chose to retail it at.
Manufactures can charge Retailers different cost prices, they will no doubt have a basic cost which they then change as a result of Volume purchased, point of delivery etc etc
It is Illegal
As Marks link already states, Fixing retail prices is Highly illegal. This can result in a jail term if found Guilty!! and a fine of Upto 10% of the Annual company profits which is what happened at Hasbro
In the example of products such as Apple and the PS3, the cost prices of these products are so high, the interest in them so huge and the availibility not great so you have a classic case of demand outstripping supply so Retailers i suspect don't need to reduce prices to sell them as they are giving money away, but what they do is bundle deals to encourage customers to spend as much as possible to increase the cash margin, that is why you never see retailers advertising the price of the individual PS3 you will always see a promotion being advertised which comes with X amount of games or accessories.
Si
toppers3933
12-02-2010, 12:11 PM
errr thats what i ,meant.:thumbsup:
Dave Dodd
12-02-2010, 12:35 PM
omg you have to laugh :lol: all this talk about RRP.. so at which point in the 7 pages did we stop talking Couger.. :lol:
Reevsey
12-02-2010, 12:41 PM
omg you have to laugh :lol: all this talk about RRP.. so at which point in the 7 pages did we stop talking Couger.. :lol:
Not sure anyone mentioned a Couger but the new Cougar looks good :thumbsup:........ and smartly priced :woot:
mikeyscott
12-02-2010, 12:44 PM
omg you have to laugh :lol: all this talk about RRP.. so at which point in the 7 pages did we stop talking Couger.. :lol:
Indeed, but with the UK "bumping along the bottom" with the economy people are watching their £s more.
Indeed the topic is about the Cougar.
neiloliver
12-02-2010, 04:17 PM
mine is on order :thumbsup: First Schumacher car since my TopCat!
Not sure anyone mentioned a Couger but the new Cougar looks good :thumbsup:........ and smartly priced :woot:
I'll be interested in looking at a S1 when they arrive. Looks like a good product, good price and well thought out. :thumbsup:
David Church
12-02-2010, 06:49 PM
Does the price really matter??? If this new car hits the track and does really good many will want to buy it regardless of price!!!
I think Schumacher have been very smart here, reasonably priced for what looks a great car!!!:thumbsup:
Can't wait to get mine early!!!! Robin are you receiving my message??? Hehe
frogger
12-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Does the price really matter??? If this new car hits the track and does really good many will want to buy it regardless of price!!!
I think Schumacher have been very smart here, reasonably priced for what looks a great car!!!:thumbsup:
Yes, totally agree, don't give a monkey's as long as the car looks and drives great. :thumbsup:
mikeyscott
13-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Been looking at the pictures on Schumacher's site again and is it me or does it look pretty tight for space on the chassis?
Time for another micro spektrum RX and MRT....
Ben Turner
13-02-2010, 10:33 AM
An up to date mid-motored 2wd car that seems to be competitive out of the box for £230-250 sounds like a bargain to me :thumbsup: Thats how I tried to justify it to the girlfriend anyway :p
Gibbon666
13-02-2010, 01:01 PM
With the servo tucked in to the front like it is, it looks like there's loads of room at the front if you're running the saddle packs, and plenty of room down the sides if running the stick pack.
Been looking at the pictures on Schumacher's site again and is it me or does it look pretty tight for space on the chassis?
Time for another micro spektrum RX and MRT....
Ben Turner
14-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Pre-ordered :)
mikeyscott
15-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Wonder if it'll be early March or late April for release...
Alex H
15-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Wonder if it'll be early March or late April for release...
...or late March or early April;). I hope for your option. Early March!
Ben Turner
15-02-2010, 05:39 PM
Sooner the better :D
Darren Boyle
15-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Schumacher themselves are saying late March to early April, but always look out for unexpected delays, thats the "official" stance at present....
mikeyscott
15-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Schumacher themselves are saying late Marchto early April, but always look out for unexpected delays, thats the "official" stance at present....
That'll be May then :(
They've got to get it out before the regionals and nationals kick off.
Alfonzo
16-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Just ordered mine :thumbsup:
EDIT - having said all that, theories are great, but actual testing of something attached to a specific car with all its other geometries working together is what really counts
Other geometries (location of outboard driveshaft joint), plus materials (plastic vs steel vs alu), type of driveshaft used (CVD vs UJ vs dogbone), plus a million other things.
burniburn
27-02-2010, 08:14 PM
ordered & waiting...
mikeyscott
27-02-2010, 10:11 PM
Just about to order some JC B4 front wheels, did the team guys say they'd fit on the Cougar?
steel
27-02-2010, 11:10 PM
yer almost certain ive read they fit:thumbsup:
mikeyscott
27-02-2010, 11:12 PM
yer almost certain ive read they fit:thumbsup:
Cool wheels and tyres for two sorted.
Ben Turner
01-03-2010, 12:23 PM
Any more news on this? Still on for a late March release??
Ben
mikeyscott
02-03-2010, 09:17 AM
More parts listed as in stock on the Schumacher site and the buy button is now there for the Cougar and Cat. Getting close then... :)
Ben Turner
02-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Hehe I was looking last night, some of the alloy parts are availible, we can now buy shock bodies, motor mounts and toe in blocks :D Looks like Schumis had their aluminium order in :thumbsup:
mikeyscott
02-03-2010, 09:31 AM
Hehe I was looking last night, some of the alloy parts are availible, we can now buy shock bodies, motor mounts and toe in blocks :D Looks like Schumis had their aluminium order in :thumbsup:
Big bore ???? :)
coolcars782
02-03-2010, 09:42 AM
buy all the parts before the car comes out then build it :woot: might be a bit more expensive then the car tho :thumbdown:
mikeyscott
03-03-2010, 04:31 PM
More parts and pictures in stock :)
I can't wait :)
IceMike
03-03-2010, 11:57 PM
Can any shops that view this send me a p.m. and tell me if they have any cars on order that are goin spare. i know im late to place an order but i still want one as close to launch as possible.
Thanks
Rossco
04-03-2010, 10:00 AM
MK-Racing are still taking orders
Ben Turner
15-03-2010, 10:42 AM
Anyone heard any more news? Are they still on for a late march release?? Its all gone a bit quiet :eh?:
IceMike
15-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Anyone know when things like the springs and things will be available?? ganna be alot of these goin when they first get released.
would have thought it whoudl be sumat that is in stock already so ppl can get prepared
Mr. Red
16-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Hope it will show up soon. Been waiting long enough. Lets say 17 years for a comeback.
madwestmo
20-03-2010, 04:25 PM
modelsport claiming the 8th of April now 0o
mikeyscott
20-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Pre built or kit?
madwestmo
20-03-2010, 04:30 PM
http://www.modelsport.co.uk/?CallFunction=ShowSpecification&ItemID=35451
mikeyscott
20-03-2010, 04:31 PM
Darn
madwestmo
20-03-2010, 04:36 PM
surely thats good news ? :P
mikeyscott
20-03-2010, 04:44 PM
surely thats good news ? :P
I thought the kit version was due next week, so that's a delay of a week.
Gives me a chance to order another Speed Passion ESC
madwestmo
20-03-2010, 04:53 PM
hmmm i have not seen anywhere that it will be next week , everywhere says 30th march or april
IceMike
20-03-2010, 11:20 PM
surely 30th of march is far better then april!! i know it would be for me
mikeyscott
24-03-2010, 03:29 PM
Looking forward to this and hope I have it before the EPR GP. I may not race it at EPR, but I'll certainly run it during practice!
Would like to get a release date so I can book a day off or two to build it :)
JustARcFan
04-04-2010, 06:46 PM
No news yet?
carlin
04-04-2010, 07:05 PM
No news yet?
Think they are out this Thursday or Friday :confused:
mikeyscott
04-04-2010, 07:05 PM
I have heard 14th April from my LHS
mikeyscott
04-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Think they are out this Thursday or Friday :confused:
I hope so, so I can take it to EPR on the 11th
Astutekid
04-04-2010, 08:33 PM
I saw a team driver racing his Cougar SV today!!! He didn't have it last weekend, so hopefully Schumacher have got the cars now!! Lets hope so hey.
mikeyscott
04-04-2010, 08:50 PM
I saw a team driver racing his Cougar SV today!!! He didn't have it last weekend, so hopefully Schumacher have got the cars now!! Lets hope so hey.
Cool. Who was that then. Fingers crossed for the rest of us.
Astutekid
04-04-2010, 09:25 PM
It was Colin May. The car looked awesome but to be fair i think he would make any car look great. Surely they cant be far off now!!!
mikeyscott
04-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Ready when it's ready. I would rather wait and have it all sorted etc. Fingers crossed!
TUCRACEMAN
08-04-2010, 02:26 AM
Pre-ordered mine. Can't wait!
~D
Darren Boyle
08-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Latest word is that a small batch is being run for the team drivers next week, then the first production run for general release will be approx 1 week after that......
All pre-ordered cars should be supplied from the first batch from what we are informed
mikeyscott
08-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Same as what I've heard accept DMS have the extra detail
Danosborne6661
08-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Sounds good, scheduled on around payday too by the sounds of it ;)
mikeyscott
08-04-2010, 10:55 AM
Sounds good, scheduled on around payday too by the sounds of it ;)
That's my thoughts too :)
It'll then get a nice gentle start at TORCH in the dry :) (just got to remember how to drive a 2WD... Last outing for the B4 was Petit 2010)
Really looking forward to it!
I reckon I'll be spending close to £500+ on Schumacher kit in the coming month! :blush:
big smithy
09-04-2010, 06:08 AM
got mine yesterday this car looks ace :woot:
mikeyscott
09-04-2010, 06:12 AM
got mine yesterday this car looks ace :woot:
Racing if this weekend?
big smithy
09-04-2010, 06:18 AM
Racing if this weekend?
yes mate sunday at rhr
mikeyscott
09-04-2010, 06:20 AM
V nice. Pictures?
Wonder how many at epr this weekend...
big smithy
09-04-2010, 06:26 AM
V nice. Pictures?
Wonder how many at epr this weekend...
dont know how to do it :thumbdown:
mikeyscott
09-04-2010, 06:29 AM
dont know how to do it :thumbdown:
Do you know how to get them on the computer? Is it just posting to Oople that you don't know?
big smithy
09-04-2010, 06:33 AM
Do you know how to get them on the computer? Is it just posting to Oople that you don't know?
both :blush:
carlin
09-04-2010, 06:33 AM
dont know how to do it :thumbdown:
Good Luck at the weekend Smithy
big smithy
09-04-2010, 06:36 AM
Good Luck at the weekend Smithy
cheers dude still need 2 do the shocks and elcs
mikeyscott
09-04-2010, 07:32 AM
What gear are you running in it and good luck to all Cougar runners :)
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.